Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

3rd April 2020

RFU Confirmed Newcastle Falcons’ promotion to the Gallagher Premiership for the 2020-21 season

Stats from the Championship Season
Discussion started by GeordieFalcon , 16 July, 2020 10:10
Stats from the Championship Season
GeordieFalcon 16 July, 2020 10:10
I noticed the falcons put this out, and to be honest i was actually shocked at some of the stats. If i had been asked, i certainly wouldnt have ome up with them.

I guess it does show, you dont always see everything....

[www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

2019-20 SEASON STATS

TOP TRY-SCORERS
14 - Adam Radwan
12 - George McGuigan
9 - George Wacokecoke
7 - Ben Stevenson and Jamie Blamire

TOP POINTS SCORERS
87 - Toby Flood
70 - Adam Radwan
60 - George McGuigan
57 - Joel Hodgson
54 - Brett Connon

TOP APPEARANCE MAKERS (2019-20)
19 - Callum Chick
18 - Tom Arscott, Joel Hodgson and Jamie Blamire
17 - Trevor Davison and Sean Robinson
16 - Toby Flood, Sinoti Sinoti and George Wacokecoke

TOP BALL CARRIERS
95 – Tom Arscott
90 – George McGuigan
86 – Sinoti Sinoti
80 – Gary Graham
80 – Will Welch

TOP LINE-BREAKS MADE
14 – Adam Radwan
9 – Sinoti Sinoti
8 – Johnny Williams
7 – Tom Arscott
6 – Callum Chick

TOP SUCCESSFUL OFFLOADS
12 – Will Welch
9 – Tom Arscott
9 – George Wacokecoke
8 – Michael Young
6 – Johnny Williams

Our hookers are try scoring machines...

I would never have thought Calum played 19 games last season...but it also shows how well Blamire did getting 18. Hes a real classy player.

And lots of debates about our props...but must give Credit...Davison played 17 games! Thats impressive stuff.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/07/2020 09:48 by GeordieFalcon.

Re: Stats from the Championship Season
markismith50 16 July, 2020 10:16
Regular readers of the match programme will know these stats are in every single issue, but just thought it would be a nice news story during the longest off-season in professional rugby history.

GeordieFalcon 16 July, 2020 11:31
Think its a great idea Mark.

Exiled Falcon 16 July, 2020 11:40
Adam scored 14 tries, in a 15 match league season (plus cup games) that’s hugely impressive. Cant be very often a hooker is third in a top points scored table either!

GeordieFalcon 16 July, 2020 12:06
I think we'll have amongst the best hooker groups in the league...very strong in that area...and Blamire might overtake them all. His potential is unreal...England might look at him!

GeordieFalcon 27 July, 2020 09:38
More Stats

TOP BALL CARRIERS
95 – Tom Arscott
90 – George McGuigan
86 – Sinoti Sinoti
80 – Gary Graham
80 – Will Welch

TOP LINE-BREAKS MADE
14 – Adam Radwan
9 – Sinoti Sinoti
8 – Johnny Williams
7 – Tom Arscott
6 – Callum Chick

TOP SUCCESSFUL OFFLOADS
12 – Will Welch
9 – Tom Arscott
9 – George Wacokecoke
8 – Michael Young
6 – Johnny Williams

I havent always been the most praising of Tom Arscott...but the facts dont lie. He's clearly done the business.

Lets hope he can continue that on this season...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/07/2020 09:49 by GeordieFalcon.

FalcDancer 27 July, 2020 10:16
8 line breaks from Williams is impressive as he missed a lot of games whilst ill

GeordieFalcon 27 July, 2020 10:25
Yeah i noticed that aswell Falc. Hopefully Orlandi or Lucock can offer that line breaking ability in the midfield.

Monkey1 27 July, 2020 12:57
Bear in mind that people commented on those games at the time, saying that we were poor, any Premiership team would take us apart, expose weaknesses etc. In that context this really does highlight the massive gulf between Premiership and Championship teams, if even when apparently off the pace, our boys still come out on top, no matter which way you look at it.

GeordieFalcon 27 July, 2020 13:14
Yes, either we improved dramatically this season, or many players found their level.

Maybe Arscott is one of them.

We will only know when we see how they go next season.

Monkey1 28 July, 2020 08:24
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Yes, either we improved dramatically this season, or many players found their level.

But they didn't find their level, they absolutely trounced the Championship players, as the stats show. Even a struggling prem side took them apart, and next season with wallet-busting Sarries taking the tour is going to be a massacre.

GeordieFalcon 28 July, 2020 09:00
But if half the players who performed so well this season flop next season then they DID find their level.

Tom Arscott is one ill be watching very closely,as with a few others...especailly the youngsters. Did great this season...can they step up. Likewise the likes of Mike Daniels at TH. Had a good season...can he replicate it in the prem.

Lots of IF's that will be only answered in a few months time.

matt1il 28 July, 2020 10:02
Am I being a bit thick here? Aren't these the Falcons' stats?

Unless we have other players in there also then we have no idea who was on top or not.

Also worth noting these include the Cup games. (Edit: the initial stats, cheers Smithy)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/07/2020 18:10 by matt1il.

markismith50 28 July, 2020 14:27
The latest batch doesn’t include cup.

stuart66 28 July, 2020 15:57
hi mark hows your holiday hope you are not in spain

markismith50 28 July, 2020 19:35
All good, thanks. Safe and sound near Berwick.

Exiled Falcon 29 July, 2020 16:28
Get yourself to Warkworth for a while Smithy, lovely place.

markismith50 29 July, 2020 18:48
Aye, been there many a time. Lovely. Headed to Edinburgh today for a little day trip.

Exiled Falcon 29 July, 2020 21:00
Sounds good!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net