Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

3rd April 2020

RFU Confirmed Newcastle Falcons’ promotion to the Gallagher Premiership for the 2020-21 season

Rugby League World Cup fixtures
Discussion started by EmJules , 21 July, 2020 08:01
Rugby League World Cup fixtures
EmJules 21 July, 2020 08:01
Fixtures announced today.

Newcastle has got
England vs samoa at St James
Scotland vs Italy at Kingston Park
Fiji vs Italy at KP
Fiji vs Scotland at KP

Re: Rugby League World Cup fixtures
EmJules 21 July, 2020 08:04
Middlesbrough has Tonga vs Cook Islands

[www.rlwc2021.com]

matt1il 21 July, 2020 08:52
Great stuff! I think we were planning on coming up for the opener (Sat 23rd Oct) and means we can stay for the Scot/Ita game on the Sunday at KP smiling smiley

dick g 22 July, 2020 10:27
The England Samoa game opens the tournament so the opening ceremony will be at SJP. Quite a coup. Newcastle has become a Rugby League city. Remember too, supporting Thunder is also supporting Falcons. The money goes into the same KP pot.

AndyPenman 22 July, 2020 11:47
Quote:
dick g
The England Samoa game opens the tournament so the opening ceremony will be at SJP. Quite a coup. Newcastle has become a Rugby League city. Remember too, supporting Thunder is also supporting Falcons. The money goes into the same KP pot.

I was looking forward to making a couple of matches when our season was finished and was looking forward to the Challenge Cup match against Toronto Wolfpack at KP, might have to watch it on the Our RL app instead.

alas 22 July, 2020 12:35
What happens if neither Thunder nor Toronto can field a team?

matt1il 22 July, 2020 18:17
Quote:
AndyPenman
Quote:
dick g

I was looking forward to making a couple of matches when our season was finished and was looking forward to the Challenge Cup match against Toronto Wolfpack at KP, might have to watch it on the Our RL app instead.

Toronto have already pulled out of the Challenge Cup (and the Super League) at very late notice (as late as last week they seemed to be continuing).

Also League 1 is now cancelled so Thunder won't play any League games this season.

Their statement on Monday kind of just says they need to find out what's happening but they could be through to the Quarters!

ThunderRugby

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/07/2020 18:18 by matt1il.

FalcDancer 22 July, 2020 18:43
Quote:
EmJules
Fixtures announced today.
Newcastle has got
England vs samoa at St James
Scotland vs Italy at Kingston Park
Fiji vs Italy at KP
Fiji vs Scotland at KP

I fancy England vs Samoa if the price is right and a babysitter can be had. I would like to say I went to sample the RLWC rather than miss out

alas 28 July, 2020 11:23
Thunder has withdrawn from the Challenge Cup.

[thunderrugby.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/07/2020 11:26 by alas.

matt1il 28 July, 2020 12:37
Quote:
alas
Thunder has withdrawn from the Challenge Cup.
[thunderrugby.co.uk]

That's a shame but to be fair the points made by the club make perfect sense

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net