Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

3rd April 2020

RFU Confirmed Newcastle Falconsí promotion to the Gallagher Premiership for the 2020-21 season

Newcastle's British Lions
Discussion started by Robs , 13 September, 2020 12:41
Newcastle's British Lions
Robs 13 September, 2020 12:41
I've recently read that 15 Newcastle players have been British Lions
I can name 12 but who are the remains 3?
Tony Underwood, John Bentley Tim Stimpson,Alan Tait Doddie Weir.
Rob Andrew, Gary Armstrong Nick Popplewell Johny Wilkinson
Mike Blair, Euan Murray and Geoff Parling

Re: Newcastle's British Lions
markismith50 13 September, 2020 12:50
Colin Charvis?

markismith50 13 September, 2020 12:54
Depends how far back they go, if they include Gosforth guys like Roger Uttley, Steve Bainbridge, Peter Dixon, Martin Corry etc. Also, guys like Rory Best had a fleeting association with our academy during his time at uni here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2020 12:56 by markismith50.

No.8 13 September, 2020 12:54
Are they including Gosforth players like Roger Uttley?

Leipziger 13 September, 2020 14:21
While actually playing for us, I think it's just the 1997 lot Tony Underwood, John Bentley Tim Stimpson,Alan Tait Doddie Weir, and then Jonny Wilkinson in the pro era. There were probably a few in the 1970s though.

Robs 13 September, 2020 14:59
I think itís only during the Falcons era.
And not while actually playing for us

markismith50 13 September, 2020 15:18
Where did you read the number was 15 please?

Robs 13 September, 2020 16:03
Times sports journalist David Jordan :Ēat the Falcons,15 players in all have represented both teams.ď

lionsrugby.com

markismith50 13 September, 2020 16:20
Hmm, ok. Iíll be interested to see his list.

aidanb 13 September, 2020 19:27
Steve Bates ?

Robs 13 September, 2020 22:27
Quote:
markismith50
Colin Charvis?
Yes Mark
That makes 13

Robs 13 September, 2020 22:53
Mark
Can you not contact David Jordan on twatter or some other social media medium to ascertain who he claims are other Newcastle Lions?

markismith50 14 September, 2020 08:00
If heís on twitter, anyone can contact him. Iím not convinced there are any more, but am not sufficiently bothered to chase the writer about it.

PurpleGroundhog 14 September, 2020 13:12
Would Martin Corry and Rory Best count ?

GeordieFalcon 14 September, 2020 13:57
i dont think we've had any recently (that i can think of) so that would mean the champ winnng side, and the Gosforth boys.

You cant count Best etc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net