Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

3rd April 2020

RFU Confirmed Newcastle Falconsí promotion to the Gallagher Premiership for the 2020-21 season

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ealing (h) & (a)
Discussion started by FalcDancer , 18 September, 2020 09:17
Ealing (h) & (a)
FalcDancer 18 September, 2020 09:17
The club have confirmed back to back friendly games against Ealing Trailfinders

Away to Ealing will be Saturday 7th November 3pm KO
Home against Ealing will be Friday 13th November 7:45pm KO

Neither club can confirm whether fans will be in attendance at this time

I think I might take the gamble on some cheap digs for the night just in case

[www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/09/2020 09:18 by FalcDancer.

Re: Ealing (h) & (a)
matt1il 18 September, 2020 12:31
Quote:
FalcDancer
The club have confirmed back to back friendly games against Ealing Trailfinders
Away to Ealing will be Saturday 7th November 3pm KO
Home against Ealing will be Friday 13th November 7:45pm KO

Neither club can confirm whether fans will be in attendance at this time

I think I might take the gamble on some cheap digs for the night just in case

[www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk]

Excellent, was a fun day out last season, see anyone there (if we're allowed to)

CharlieDog 18 September, 2020 14:07
So 2 people so far - that'll double their normal crowd won't it.......... (Sm159)

The Boyfriend 18 September, 2020 14:36
I'm sure many of us would love to see these games, home and away, but being realistic with the way the pandemic is going I just can't see it happening. I hope our Smithy can at least tweet the hell out of both games for us though!

markismith50 18 September, 2020 14:54
Iíll do my best!

aidanb 18 September, 2020 21:18
I hope the clubs can put this on a Facebook live thing or whatever.

RiponFalcon 19 September, 2020 00:28
I was supposed to be in Rome for the England game weekend the 14 March. I had exchanged my Bedford ticket but bought it back thinking it may be the last game for a while. I never expected it would be this long before the next game
I have real withdrawal symptoms and will be in Ealing or anywhere to see a game

sparkyweb 21 September, 2020 11:40
Likewise, i'll be up in Ealing if we can......

AJfalc 22 September, 2020 07:50
Fans returning from October has been halted by the government, we need the numbers down for a change of policy in November to get to Ealing.

FalcDancer 22 September, 2020 08:29
Quote:
AJfalc
Fans returning from October has been halted by the government, we need the numbers down for a change of policy in November to get to Ealing.

Yes very disappointing news but donít worry the pubs will still be open to 10pm

matt1il 22 September, 2020 08:45
It does seem weird that non-league football can have fans, test events can have 1,000 but a rugby friendly at Ealing can't be managed. Ah well we'll see what happens.

GeordieFalcon 22 September, 2020 11:10
Quote:
FalcDancer
Quote:
AJfalc

Can someone please explain the 10pm thing to me, because i just aint getting it...

sparkyweb 22 September, 2020 12:01
I'm not either. Apparently there is good data on this though...

I did however read a comment from a pub chain owner who said that 10pm will kill pub trade as this is when they start getting busier anyway - so maybe this is the thing?
As someone who before lockdown started would visit a pub normally once a week or so, i have only been to the pub three times since they have opened (and 2 of those trips were whilst on holiday). I'm not sure how busy they are right now so cant say.

Falcona 22 September, 2020 12:07
Perhaps it is because after 10pm people have more drink on them get more careless - go to the toilet not wash their hands - I could go on - frankly that is the reality of some people's attitude

Monkey1 22 September, 2020 12:25
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Can someone please explain the 10pm thing to me, because i just aint getting it...

We are told to go back to work but we shouldn't go back to work & should work from home. We are told we mustn't mix with more than six people but we can go to pubs full of strangers. We are told that we have to wear a mask to visit a shop with hardly anybody in it, everyone keeping their distance, and where you don't tend to hang around for long, but we don't have to wear a mask to sit in an enclosed restaurant for a couple of hours sat next to the same people for more than long enough to breathe in whatever they have. We are told we can't visit our next door neighbours but we can go to Turkey & party for 2 weeks until we have Covid coming out of our ears, and it is the 10pm thing that you focus on!

If your need to understand the 10pm thing means you have made sense of the rest of it GF, then you are doing better than the rest of us.
(Sm105)

Exiled Falcon 22 September, 2020 12:36
The thing is it is all a compromise, we either shut the country down for a year and create a wasteland or we have certain things we can and canít do. I go to the pub, I wash my hands, put my mask on to walk around etc etc as I know how to be sensible. A lot of people arenít sensible and they have ar$ed things up for everyone else. As soon as you say the dreaded words Ďcommon sesnseí then you are on to a loser. The Government havenít covered themselves in glory, neither have the opposition, however people have to take their own responsibility to be sensible and we all know with large swathes of the population, young and old, thatís never going to happen.

Falcona 22 September, 2020 13:07
Quote:
Exiled Falcon
The thing is it is all a compromise, we either shut the country down for a year and create a wasteland or we have certain things we can and canít do. I go to the pub, I wash my hands, put my mask on to walk around etc etc as I know how to be sensible. A lot of people arenít sensible and they have ar$ed things up for everyone else. As soon as you say the dreaded words Ďcommon sesnseí then you are on to a loser. The Government havenít covered themselves in glory, neither have the opposition, however people have to take their own responsibility to be sensible and we all know with large swathes of the population, young and old, thatís never going to happen.

Agree with all of what you said above EF.

It comes down to the 80/20 rule 80% will follow the rules 20% will not.

It is all very fluid and the Govnmnt are trying to be flexible without bringing the country to it's knees. They are I feel reacting to what is happening they did warn everyone - the 20% took no notice and so they have to act sadly.

Exiled Falcon 22 September, 2020 13:17
That pretty much sums it up Falcona, where I am (East Renfrewshire) we are in mini lockdown as itís been proved lots of halfwits have been having house parties. I fail to see what part of having a house party people think is a good idea in the current climate.

SimonG19 22 September, 2020 13:53
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
Quote:
FalcDancer
Quote:
AJfalc

I believe Dominic Cummings likes a drink but he always goes home at 10pm.

Monkey1 22 September, 2020 14:54
Quote:
SimonG19
I believe Dominic Cummings likes a drink but he always goes home at 10pm.

Via Barnard Castle, while wearing somebody else's specs, and without using the toilet.

CharlieDog 22 September, 2020 15:01
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
GeordieFalcon

We are told to go back to work but we shouldn't go back to work & should work from home. We are told we mustn't mix with more than six people but we can go to pubs full of strangers. We are told that we have to wear a mask to visit a shop with hardly anybody in it, everyone keeping their distance, and where you don't tend to hang around for long, but we don't have to wear a mask to sit in an enclosed restaurant for a couple of hours sat next to the same people for more than long enough to breathe in whatever they have. We are told we can't visit our next door neighbours but we can go to Turkey & party for 2 weeks until we have Covid coming out of our ears, and it is the 10pm thing that you focus on!

If your need to understand the 10pm thing means you have made sense of the rest of it GF, then you are doing better than the rest of us.
(Sm105)

Oh come on, it's not that difficult..... unless you want it to be. You normally are the voice of reason, but every now and again you spout stuff like this!!!! Please explain how I am supposed to eat a meal with a mask on?

Barry555 22 September, 2020 15:05
Canít attend open air stadiums whilst socially distancing to watch rugby but can cram into a small pub with table service to watch Smithyís updates on Twitter.

Im sure there is some complex data behind this but my basic mind will struggle to understand it.

Monkey1 22 September, 2020 15:10
I wheeze enough as it is from the first hint of those blasted yellow flowers in Spring until the blessed relief of Autumn. I therefore expect to last about 2 minutes if I get this virus, so my policy is to keep myself away from others as much as possible, and what everybody else gets up to I don't really care. As EF says, you can't stop idiots from being idiots, so it really is up to the individual to make sensible decisions, and those who are not capable of making sensible decisions will fuel the Darwinian process that will eventually lead to the passing of this thing.

Oh and CD, don't take me too seriously at all times. It is probably bad for your health.

alas 23 September, 2020 00:44
Looking like no spectators before the end of March. Johnson couldn't run a bath.

NorfolkFalcon 23 September, 2020 06:45
Itís very worrying for not only Premiership clubs including us, but especially the Championship. I read their funding is going to be further cut from £640k to £40k. I canít see how A majority of these will be able to survive.

steve1888 23 September, 2020 06:49
i wonder if they'll look at PPV matches

FalcDancer 23 September, 2020 07:13
Quote:
NorfolkFalcon
Itís very worrying for not only Premiership clubs including us, but especially the Championship. I read their funding is going to be further cut from £640k to £40k. I canít see how A majority of these will be able to survive.

I saw these figures as well
Very worrying times. Clubs will simply go under

Exiled Falcon 23 September, 2020 10:06
Quote:
alas
Looking like no spectators before the end of March. Johnson couldn't run a bath.

Johnson doesnít allow spectators in, Johnson canít run a bath.

Johnson allows spectators in while the R number is greater than 1 and we have significantly more and more cases, Johnson is totally irresponsible.

Which is it?

Falcona 23 September, 2020 10:20
Johnson can't win no matter what he does.

The government has to be pragmatic on this whole situation and we are no different to other countries trying to solve this problem.

Please God let us have a vaccine soon.

SimonG19 23 September, 2020 10:40
Quote:
alas

If he could run a bath would it cure coronavirus?

Monkey1 23 September, 2020 11:41
There ain't going to be no vaccine, and if that's what the various governments are pinning their hopes on, everybody is going to be disappointed.

I would love to be proved wrong, but we are now nearly a year down the line & need a Plan B.

alas 23 September, 2020 12:01
Quote:
Exiled Falcon
Quote:
alas

Johnson doesnít allow spectators in, Johnson canít run a bath.

Johnson allows spectators in while the R number is greater thanhe's failed o do his so here's nooion b 1 and we have significantly more and more cases, Johnson is totally irresponsible.

Which is it?

Johnson is totally incompetent. The summer should have been used to drive down infection figures to the lowest possible levels and to set up a very effective test and trace system. Having failed to do this, there's no alternative to start shutting things down again (not that what Johnson has introduced so far will be effective and will have to be tightened.) Well run countries like Germany and South Korea have got a grip of covid and can allow society and the economy to function more normally.

Falcona 23 September, 2020 12:12
alas??? Really we shall see

Exiled Falcon 23 September, 2020 12:23
Thatís two countries alas, lots of countries are in a similar state as us, just look at Spain and Franceís figures or if you want to be really scared, Belgiumís. I donít think anyone has come out of this particularly well, the Government, opposition, BBC / media and not least moronic sections of this countryís population who I would say are more culpable than the Government. The country simply couldnít have been shut down any longer and you can argue shutdown caused more damage than the virus but thatís for another argument.

As I say, thereís lots of things can be blamed at the Government but in a lot of cases they are damned if they do and damned if they donít.

FalcDancer 23 September, 2020 12:38
We have 6 months worth of research about who is affected by COVID and clearly the vulnerable and elderly are most at risk

The majority of peopleís risk of having extreme issues is incredibly low

Why canít be target those who are vulnerable (both financially and health care) and allow the rest of the country to have less restrictions?

My son can go to school and play with dozens of children during the day but once he leaves school he canít mix with anyone outside of my household ?

I can restrict who I mingle, I have been working from home since March, with but thereís nothing to stop him bringing COVID home.

Monkey1 23 September, 2020 12:48
I can't stand Johnson, but I can't blame him for this. As said above, damned if he does etc....

We live in a densely populated multi-cultural country that is a world hub for just about everything. Doing a New Zealand & just trying to hide from it while the rest of the world makes it go away was never an option.

If you want to blame somebody, try the person who thought a bit of medium rare bat would make a nice lunch.

Falcona 23 September, 2020 13:14
or the lab that created it maybe???

Barry555 23 September, 2020 14:00
A lot of things is out of Johnsonís control and in most parts indeed is damned if he does and damned if he doesnít.

What it has shown is they are willing to throw away millions of tax payers money on botched PPE deals etc to Tory and minister donors...Jobs for the boys eh.

Oh and total failure Dido Harding who was so good at Talk Talk leading ďNHS track and traceĒ AKA ďSerco Track and TraceĒ which is non existent and canít deal with demand because well who could have seen opening offices and schools would increase transmission?

They could open everything up safely within a decent time frame if they had this set up like most countries but alas this is where incompetence makes a big difference.

matt1il 23 September, 2020 14:50
It was certainly easy to socially distances myself at last seasons away trip to Ealing.

CharlieDog 23 September, 2020 19:55
Err...... hindsight is a wonderful thing ..... shall we get back to rugby?

Northumbrian 23 September, 2020 22:00
Just as well next season will run into the summer, so we might not miss too many games. Assuming normality returns next March, which it probably won't.

stuart66 26 September, 2020 07:26
Quote:
Falcona
Perhaps it is because after 10pm people have more drink on them get more careless - go to the toilet not wash their hands - I could go on - frankly that is the reality of some people's attitude
see people every day like that at 10 am never mind 10pm. with some peoples attitude unfortunitly 9 pm is now the new 10pm

Leipziger 26 September, 2020 22:21
Quote:
Falcona

As a barman, I'd say that's pretty much it.

Monkey1 28 September, 2020 08:05
It does amuse me that people are particularly concerned about toilets as places for spreading the covid thing, and go to great lengths to sanitise them to death. Bearing in mind that you can only catch the covid virus if it gets into your mouth, nose or eyes, what are these people doing in the toilets that I am unaware of?
(Sm105)

Falcona 28 September, 2020 18:44
https://scontent.flhr4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/120231938_10164110035115243_5598814868112200248_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=138vv3xjikgAX9HoEel&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-1.fna&oh=b4659b9e1822cd2ede21d075109537b4&oe=5F95C8C0

aidanb 28 September, 2020 21:26
Quote:
Monkey1
It does amuse me that people are particularly concerned about toilets as places for spreading the covid thing, and go to great lengths to sanitise them to death. Bearing in mind that you can only catch the covid virus if it gets into your mouth, nose or eyes, what are these people doing in the toilets that I am unaware of?
(Sm105)

Very simple

Breathing

Monkey1 29 September, 2020 08:30
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
Monkey1
(Sm105)

Very simple

Breathing

I was actually thinking of the little room type, one person at a time sort of arrangement. All the public toilets I have seen where more than one person goes in have been closed.

Leipziger 29 September, 2020 12:00
Quote:
Monkey1
Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
Monkey1
(Sm105)

Very simple

Breathing

I was actually thinking of the little room type, one person at a time sort of arrangement. All the public toilets I have seen where more than one person goes in have been closed.

At our place the toilets are 1in1out but still people will inevitably touch things, the taps, the latch on the cubicle door, and of course the handle on the door coming out which is probably the worst one for contamination as people will rarely wash their hands *after* coming out of the toilets.

steve1888 29 September, 2020 12:03
the out handle should be clean if everyone has washed though , the in handle is the iffy one. A lot of places have santising stations or plenty restaurants have santisers on tables.

Exiled Falcon 29 September, 2020 13:11
Always thought the door out should open outward so there is no need to touch the handle, thus negating the myriad of disgusting individuals who don't wash their hands.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net