Latest news:

Welcome to the Newcastle Falcons Fans Forum

This forum is for all Falcons' fans, and is independent of the both the club and the supporters association. If you have something to say about Newcastle Falcons this is the place to say it. However please keep it clean and non abusive, and respect the other users of this board!

While the editors of this site monitor the board, they are not responsible for the content of the postings. Any concerns, complaints etc., should be emailed to Sportnetwork. If you want to spam, please go,elsewhere any spamming will be deleted.

Captain Mark Wilson - has been named in England's training squad as they prepare for the upcoming autumn tests.

3rd April 2020

RFU Confirmed Newcastle Falcons’ promotion to the Gallagher Premiership for the 2020-21 season

KP restaurant closes down due to Covid
Discussion started by The Boyfriend , 16 October, 2020 13:56
KP restaurant closes down due to Covid
The Boyfriend 16 October, 2020 13:56
Frequented pre-match by many a Falcons supporter, Luciano's at Kingston Park has fallen victim to Covid-

[url=http://[www.chroniclelive.co.uk]][/url]

Re: KP restaurant closes down due to Covid
CharlieDog 16 October, 2020 16:12
First of many unfortunately unless we remove the stupid restrictions - be sensible but take personal responsibility - I'm more worried about long term mental health / suicide issues as a result of job losses and destruction of the economy etc than I am about C-19.

And I'm sure many disagree with me............

Leipziger 16 October, 2020 19:19
Shame, have been there many times although not for a while. Hopefully the staff will be able to find alternative work quickly.

steve1888 16 October, 2020 19:20
I fully agree with CD

Gutted about Rooftop

dick g 17 October, 2020 18:04
Including me.

Exiled Falcon 17 October, 2020 18:29
Quote:
CharlieDog
First of many unfortunately unless we remove the stupid restrictions - be sensible but take personal responsibility - I'm more worried about long term mental health / suicide issues as a result of job losses and destruction of the economy etc than I am about C-19.

Quite the reverse C Dog, I reckon a lot of people (me included) are thinking exactly the same as you. Allegedly more deaths from suicide have occurred over the last fortnight than C19 deaths.

Gosforth 17 October, 2020 19:10
Quote:
Exiled Falcon
Quote:
CharlieDog

Quite the reverse C Dog, I reckon a lot of people (me included) are thinking exactly the same as you. Allegedly more deaths from suicide have occurred over the last fortnight than C19 deaths.

Whilst I agree with you the problem is not me or you taking personal responsibility it’s the idiots who won’t/don’t who are the reason I and many like me are discouraged from eating out. I’m fed up being the grumpy guy asking people to keep their distance from me in supermarkets etc and the rate of spread tells me I’m right to be concerned. Desperately sorry for the owners and staff of these places

Exiled Falcon 17 October, 2020 20:51
There is no doubt Gosforth that this country’s manufacturing success story has been the building of selfish idiots, always wondered if it was just us or if all countries had their fair share.

Gosforth 17 October, 2020 21:06
Quote:
Exiled Falcon
There is no doubt Gosforth that this country’s manufacturing success story has been the building of selfish idiots, always wondered if it was just us or if all countries had their fair share.

Seems the same the world over sadly. Same stupid arguments being trotted out everywhere about anti-mask and anti-vaccines and anti everything else. If the rules forbid them wearing a mask they would be the same people arguing for their right to wear one. Boils my blood that people believe they are entitled to wander around shops without a mask and stand so close in a queue that you can feel their breath on your neck. You have to assume that if they aren’t following the guidelines about masks and distancing them in all likelihood they won’t be adhering to other rules either. It’s the attitude of only caring about themselves and no understanding about the greater good.

Exiled Falcon 17 October, 2020 21:22
I don’t get them either. The problem is you say something and you get a mouthful of abuse. Sadly the minority have completely ar@ed it up for the majority who are trying to be sensible.

aidanb 18 October, 2020 15:45
that's the 80 / 20 rule which is in play
80% of people will follow the rules and 20% think they are special.

Monkey1 18 October, 2020 16:42
Also try; 20% of the people will be responsible for 80% of the spread.

Somebody who does technical stuff for joint operations has been sent home again because the intensive care wards are full, so all joint operations have been suspended. His boss rather angrily summed it up by saying the hospitals were grinding to a halt because they are full of fat people who have been to the pub. Anybody who is severely overweight who goes to the pub, knowing that if they get the virus they are likely to end up in hospital, should be made to do 20 years hard labour.

Idiots.

GeordieFalcon 19 October, 2020 08:59
I agree completely with Charlie D. This really boils my ...

We all accept it exists...but ultimately its a flu!

We have shut the world down for a flu. They are harping on about a vaccine...we dont have a vaccine for flu and that still kills loads on a yearly basis. What about TB.... mass killer of the world.

The instructions they are giving out totally contradict each other...and are ridiculous.
Eg-
Your child mixing with 500 other kids at school is fine,
Sitting in a pub with 30 other strangers is fine,
Going to the Supermarket with loads of other people touching all sorts - fine
Going to the tip with one other person from your household to help...NOT OK
Sitting in a group of 7 of your close family members from different households is NOT OK.

Ive said all along the damage is already done. Peoples businesses' shut down, suicides, elderly family members have not seen their family for 6/7 months!

Not to mention the bigger one round the corner. Cancer.

The NHS have admitted they are 3 million screenings behind...and '000's of treatment sessions behind already.
Thats without other diagnosis being missed etc.

Its farcical.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2020 09:44 by GeordieFalcon.

SimonG19 19 October, 2020 10:47
Something is certainly farcical.

CharlieDog 19 October, 2020 16:08
Quote:
GeordieFalcon
I agree completely with Charlie D. This really boils my ...
We all accept it exists...but ultimately its a flu!

We have shut the world down for a flu. They are harping on about a vaccine...we dont have a vaccine for flu and that still kills loads on a yearly basis. What about TB.... mass killer of the world.

The instructions they are giving out totally contradict each other...and are ridiculous.
Eg-
Your child mixing with 500 other kids at school is fine,
Sitting in a pub with 30 other strangers is fine,
Going to the Supermarket with loads of other people touching all sorts - fine
Going to the tip with one other person from your household to help...NOT OK
Sitting in a group of 7 of your close family members from different households is NOT OK.

Ive said all along the damage is already done. Peoples businesses' shut down, suicides, elderly family members have not seen their family for 6/7 months!

Not to mention the bigger one round the corner. Cancer.

The NHS have admitted they are 3 million screenings behind...and '000's of treatment sessions behind already.
Thats without other diagnosis being missed etc.

Its farcical.

Absolutely spot on 100%

saruman 19 October, 2020 17:31
Quote:
Monkey1
Also try; 20% of the people will be responsible for 80% of the spread.
Anybody who is severely overweight who goes to the pub, knowing that if they get the virus they are likely to end up in hospital, should be made to do 20 years hard labour.

Idiots.

Such an ill informed view, - looks like fatties need to avoid restaurants and churches too.
[www.chroniclelive.co.uk]

Gosforth 19 October, 2020 18:31
The old “it’s just a flu” argument. Spanish flu was “just a flu”. Whatever you call it it’s killed over 1,000,000 people. And, yes...I know all the comments re cancer screening, suicide etc.

1,000,000 people.

Monkey1 19 October, 2020 20:16
Are you ever going to stop trolling me Ninja? It must be more than ten years now. You need to see your doctor & tell him/her honestly about this.

In future, if you have anything to say to me, put it into a PM so I can ignore it & so that others don't have to read it.

bigfecker 20 October, 2020 08:05
Sad to see a business go, lots more will follow.

The complete over reaction by the main stream media and governments around the world triggered by the WHO is amazing and disappointing.

It is yet another virus we will have to learn to live with and a vaccine that is 95% effective is years away. What we have now are 50% or less vaccines being hawked to goverments.

GeordieFalcon 20 October, 2020 14:15
Quote:
Gosforth
The old “it’s just a flu” argument. Spanish flu was “just a flu”. Whatever you call it it’s killed over 1,000,000 people. And, yes...I know all the comments re cancer screening, suicide etc.
1,000,000 people.

We dont technically know that its killed over 1 million people because every country has marked things down so differently...

Uk have marked deaths nothing to do with Covid....as covid...
Germany, initially were the complete opposite marking NOTHING down as Covid.

In Melbourne, Victoria, in Sept 2019 alone they had 8300 reported cases of the flu. For the 6 months leading up to and including September this year...they have had..... 350.

God knows what has gone on in countries like India, the African continent, Brazil etc.
Im not a conspiracy theorist or anything like that...i just believe this whole thing has been badly managed from the very start by the Government, and we're now in this position.

Manchester now going against the Government...and rumours Liverpool will follow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2020 14:18 by GeordieFalcon.

Leipziger 21 October, 2020 07:01
This is probably another of those times where the middle ground is the most sensible. We can't go back to March-July restrictions for a significant length of time, not least because the government can't afford it, but also returning to the 'old normal' is risky because if even 3m people get ill from this quite-contagious virus and are off work (and a lot of them might end up with long-lasting health problems), it's going to knacker the economy anyway. I don't know what the middle ground is, but whatever it is, it needs to strike a balance between health and the economy (because the economy has a big impact on health). I'm glad I'm not the one making the decisions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net