Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Briefly a Wasp, always a Wasp?
Chilham 12 April, 2020 16:41
Tom Prydie

Chilham 12 April, 2020 16:43
James Bailey

WONKYWASP1 12 April, 2020 21:31
Gotcha page 1, 8th January. (Sm128)

FishingWasp 17 April, 2020 17:51
Did Lee Smith who arrived with fanfares from league (though he had played Union) ever get a 1st team game? I only recall seeing him at an A game in Henley

greenwood 17 April, 2020 19:24
When had He played Union ? At School ? He was playing League from the age of 19 or 20.
I remember someone saying when he played that A game He looked totally lost and out of shape and condition...
London Wasps
Smith made just one appearance for the London Wasps, in a 93 victory against the Newcastle Falcons in the LV Cup on 7 February 2010, before his contract was mutually terminated. It is understood that Smith missing his home, family & friends were the reason behind the termination. After what was one of the shortest code switches in history,[citation needed] Smith signed a three and a half-year deal with former club Leeds.
[/i]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/04/2020 19:27 by greenwood.

anderm 22 April, 2020 09:44
How much game time did Guy Armitage get before he moved on?

WONKYWASP1 22 April, 2020 12:17
Not a lot.

Chilham 23 April, 2020 17:47
Quote:
WONKYWASP1
Gotcha page 1, 8th January. (Sm128)

(Sm128)

Atomic Wasp 25 April, 2020 15:56
Quote:
MarleyWasp
Quote:
Bellowhead
Was the NFL lad Neil Baxter?
I nominate Alex Rae, whose name I saw on the sub's bench in the 2004 HEC final. I don't remember him at all!

Alex Rae didn't join until 2013. Are you thinking of Henry Nwume?

I remember seeing Henry play a few matches. Probably mostly at the Met Police ground and Henley for A team. He was also a doctor and went off to pursue bobsleigh.

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

Cheers

Rick

@W2APS on twitter, the chap with the banners and flags.

Bellowhead 25 April, 2020 16:11
Wonky,
Joe Burton also played against Glaws. Managed to drop the ball right by the Shed. Cue donkey noises!

Marconi 25 April, 2020 18:02
Piri Weepu is a good one for this list. Appears to have made 3 appearances, recall being a bit excited when he came in but made little impact.

WONKYWASP1 25 April, 2020 22:55
Thank you Bellowhead - no wonder we n ever saw much more of him!

FishingWasp 28 April, 2020 12:26
[quote greenwood]When had He played Union ? At School ? He was playing League from the age of 19 or 20.
I remember someone saying when he played that A game He looked totally lost and out of shape and condition...
quote]

I recalled reading that he had played union before playing league, though can now find no reference to it. A senior moment perhaps? So it was probably at school. I was at that A game in Henley and he also looked somewhat disinterested, to me. Homesickness must have really hit him, as he returned to form after returning to league, by various accounts (just googled him).

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net