Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

CAN WASPS WIN AT WORCESTER SOURCE ?
Discussion started by DrunkenWasps.com , 30 August, 2018 08:29
CAN WASPS WIN AT WORCESTER SOURCE ?
DrunkenWasps.com 30 August, 2018 08:29
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Re: CAN WASPS WIN AT WORCESTER SOURCE ?
Hangover 30 August, 2018 08:50
STOP SHOUTING !!! and yes.

RossM 30 August, 2018 08:59
He's not shouting. It's the headline to his article. It's a Sports Network failing. Thanks Wombles for a very evocative season opener.

StonedWasp 30 August, 2018 09:01
We can win, whether we will or not.............

Club, Country & Wife

Heathen 30 August, 2018 09:50
It will be dry. We have a superb squad for top of the ground stuff, so I really fancy us to win.

Buzzil 30 August, 2018 09:51
Nice piece

With a new 10 we have definitely evolved tactically, although whether a good evolution remains to be seen

ukms 30 August, 2018 10:54
As always ...... a great read Chris .... thanks very much !

ElliesBoss 30 August, 2018 11:17
Yeah. Thanks for the post Wombles. COYW....

Hangover 30 August, 2018 11:29
Knowing Wasps, this season our defence will be impenetrable and our attack will be toothless ! ;-)

Really nice piece Wombles.

Westy68 30 August, 2018 11:36
Well done Wombles, very good effort.

I expect a win but Searle at 10 is the thing that doesnít give me the full 100% confidence, as I donít really know how he will go. I would like to think if we play well we will have too much for Worcester.

Bzzzz 30 August, 2018 13:04
Excellent. Very well written and a pleasure to read, quite poetic at times... I look forward to reading more as the season progresses. Thank you.

Big question for me is will Dai select the newbies that are available this week or go for the tried and tested players that have got us this far..... Of course a mix of both I am guessing but I hope he does not overlook those players that have given so much in previous seasons

ricohchezwasp 30 August, 2018 13:30
For all you Bletchley Park boys
BH TT KB
JL WR
NH TY NC
DR BS
jDJ ED CW JB RM

My Choice to start

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

Spikey910 30 August, 2018 13:50
ok, I'll go with that and attempt the bench in the same style:
ZZ
WS
TC
JG or KM
JA or BM
JS
MLB
GL or AC

Spikey910 30 August, 2018 13:54
Just realised I missed Ashley out of the 23 whom I might be tempted to start with and have Nizaam on the bench.

AKWasp 30 August, 2018 14:51
Quote:
Westy68
Searle at 10 is the thing that doesnít give me the full 100% confidence, as I donít really know how he will go.

I feel at times we became very predictable in attack and often we got neutralised. With an unknown entity at 10 I feel like Searle might give us More of a chance in the first few games as no one will know what to expect

ricohchezwasp 30 August, 2018 15:56
have to agree with Searle, think he will be a lot better than some people think, more cipriani than gopperth, lima will bring a new dimension too

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

wombles222 30 August, 2018 21:23
Thankyou for the kind words! It does mean a lot to get your feedback as it really helps me when i write further articles. I think Searle and Le Bourgeouis are going to prove key signings this term. Only 14ish hours to go until we see the first team selection for the 2018/19 season! The journey has begun.

Albionwarrior 31 August, 2018 09:13
Of course you can win on Saturday and will obviously be favourites

It will come down to a basic statistic as to if our forwards can supply our backs with sufficient good ball, they will give anyone a game as they are creative and dynamic.

I have confidence in our defence but as always the 'lineouts' will be crucial on securing enough of our own ball cleanly.

I have a feeling this could be a high scoring game, but stating the obvious we have a solid set of half backs but losing Denton and Spencer to Leicester and Willison to Bath was disappointing .... but that's life.

Probably like you we won't be at full strength but neither will you be.

The bookies have the odds about right I think and they are right more often than wrong .... But would any of us put our mortgage on the result, being the first game of the season ... would we.

Anyway safe journey and may the best team on the day win ... they usually do

Regards

Albionwarrior

backdoc 31 August, 2018 09:50
I had a flutter in Wuss at 4/1, and on Newcastle (sarries)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net