Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Odogwu Confirmed.
Discussion started by will311293 , 05 June, 2019 14:02
Odogwu Confirmed.
will311293 05 June, 2019 14:02
Another one in the door... maybe a 1-2-3 more to come haha

[www.wasps.co.uk]

Re: Odogwu Confirmed.
Hangover 05 June, 2019 15:19
Happy with that - welcome Paolo (Sm128)

FishingWasp 05 June, 2019 16:58
Also happy with that. He has always impressed me when I've seen him play. Powerful and has a good sidestep/swerve if I recall correctly. A different player to our other wingers, so gives Dai the option of playing horses for courses, assuming he's not hamstrung by injuries.

steve from cov 05 June, 2019 17:29
Good news.

Chance for Paolo to develop his game and show everyone how good he really is.

Seize the day Paolo.

westwaleswasp 05 June, 2019 17:32
Welcome.
Does this mean our SA reported signing a while back is not happening? Things seemed to have cooled on that.

Shugs 05 June, 2019 19:20
Yes, happy with this. A good spread of options developing for next season with most of them likely to be available all season.

Matt82 05 June, 2019 19:46
Yep happy with this one. Looks a rough diamond but skills to get excited about.

Nomad_Wasp 05 June, 2019 19:52
Leyds was never really more than a rumour was he anyway?

Happy with Odogwu, let's hope he can realise his potential and kick on

Flumpty 05 June, 2019 21:30
I used to love seeing Doggy get the ball in space with a defender (or 2) to beat.
I dreaded seeing an opposition winger coming directly towards Doggy, with ball in hand, as it usually didn't end well for Doggy.

I hope that his career really kicks on with Wasps (except when you play Sale of course !)

Matt82 05 June, 2019 21:47
Interesting comments by Umaga and Sirker on the Wasps instagram reveal. Not sure what to make of them.

jonnydeane 05 June, 2019 22:08
Possibly hinting Umaga is due back but now Sirker doesnít want him too after joking that Sirker now has another player to block his path to the first team.

Reading far too much into this Iím hearing Umaga saying to Sirker ĎI told you so, thatís why I left, youíll get no first team opportunities at wasps!í

Bracken&Macken 05 June, 2019 22:11
Quote:
Matt82
Interesting comments by Umaga and Sirker on the Wasps instagram reveal. Not sure what to make of them.

Sounds like theyíre both pretty miffed about not getting first team shot despite excellent form in the A team. Outrageous from both of them, donít they know in Dai we trust?

bg 06 June, 2019 09:36
Sirker has been given a senior contract and I really hope he gets some game time (nothing worries defenders more than out and out speed) but as far I'm aware Umaga hasn't.. which is a bit worrying.. unless he's back on loan with another club but he's been at that gig for most of this season (I'm guessing he won't be going back to Leeds though, for obvious reasons), so he may have just decided to cut his losses and move on.

BTW.. who is Doggy? Is that Shaggy's half brother? Do they take it in turns to walk Scooby?

RossM 06 June, 2019 10:16
BTW.. who is Doggy? Is that Shaggy's half brother? Do they take it in turns to walk Scooby?

Presumably it is Odogwu's nickname smiling smiley

DrHankPym(superhero) 06 June, 2019 10:50
Quote:
Bracken&amp;Macken
Quote:
Matt82

Sounds like theyíre both pretty miffed about not getting first team shot despite excellent form in the A team. Outrageous from both of them, donít they know in Dai we trust?

Seems more like banter to me. Sirker has just be promoted to first team and judging by his jokey comment telling Umaga to stay in NZ, Jacob is also in (though we haven't had that officially confirmed).

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

Nomad_Wasp 06 June, 2019 10:54
I can't think Umaga would be in any kind of Wasps promotional material if he wasn't staying

neils 06 June, 2019 11:08
You would hope so.

bigfecker 06 June, 2019 17:42
Very odd about our young 10, there is obviously something going on in the background, probably some money negotiations.

Dazthelion 06 June, 2019 19:56
With the rave reviews he was getting from the A games, presumably there are some potential poachers out there muddying the waters as well as perhaps NZ options, so I suspect his Academy to Seniors progression might involve a little bit more negotiation. But itís more complicated than just money. Like any young player heíll want progression and first team opportunities. Nothing in the way we behaved last year suggests heíll get them at Wasps. With Billy Searie our now and no guarantee heíll fully recover he could be eyeing up a 2nd choice place (like Joe Simmonds two seasons ago) and get some game time from the bench. But what does that mean for Miller, who was selected ahead of him this year and TBF did a pretty good job at 10. Will Umaga stay to be 3rd choice possibly becoming 4th if/when Billy returns. The grass will look greener elsewhere even if it isnít genuinely so.

Thinking about it, and given they both can play 15 also, it feels like a straight shoot out between Umaga and Miller and the latter has already re-signed. Older, experienced, not starting but quality 10/15 that offers good bench cover. The same but at the start of his career - weighted more to 10 than 15. Do we need both - probably not? I imagine itís hard for them both to be happy. I really like Rob but if maybe we should have let him go for the long term benefit of blooding Umaga this year, especially with Minozzi and Owain James in the squad to cover 15. Or perhaps we have to commit heíll be picked equal / ahead of Billy S.

The more I think about it I worry the best logical option for Umaga personally is a move away to a Club that offers certain 3rd possible 2nd slot. Or at least that it may seem that way.

I hope iím Wrong as the last week has shown the talents of Lozowkski, Atkinson and OíConnor. We canít let any more backs talent walk out the door!

Irishjo 06 June, 2019 20:55
Over thinking it?
If Umaga is good enough he will get a start at Wasps
Once he then proves himself he will be forced up the rankings.
He needs to back himself. Flitting from team to team in tne hope of being higher up the pecking order is risky

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2019 13:23 by Irishjo.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net