Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Kibirige Signs
Discussion started by will311293 , 11 June, 2019 11:16
Kibirige Signs
will311293 11 June, 2019 11:16
And another is confirmed!

Two exciting young wings! Alongside Sirker, Bassett & Neal its a very exciting wing stock we have.

[www.wasps.co.uk]

Re: Kibirige Signs
DuncanS 11 June, 2019 11:38
...and Marcus Watson.

Matt82 11 June, 2019 11:57
With the options we have I really hope Dai rotates them and give them all opportunities whilst keeping them fresh. Josh for example looked like he was on his last legs towards the end of the season. He plays an awful lot for us.

neils 11 June, 2019 11:58
Keep fit and rotate is this year's prayer.

will311293 11 June, 2019 12:10
haha i completely forgot about him!

add in James, Minozzi and Miller and it offers a lot of potential for some fascinating back three options.

Lwasp 11 June, 2019 12:20
If Dai does rotate how long before the first post complaining of the number of different combos used and how can anyone hope to settle and find form without a run of games?

mrkwasp1 11 June, 2019 14:49
And if he doesn't rotate !! It will be we do not use the talent we have available.

Rock and a hard place really !!

backdoc 11 June, 2019 14:55
So the 7's squad should include:

Kibirige
Odogwu
Sirker
Vellacot
Willis
Neal
Cardell
Porter
Spink
James

Wow.

will311293 11 June, 2019 15:55
Although you gotta think Umaga, Simonds, Jardine, Oghre, Spink, Will Wilson (ex-england 7s academy) and Anderson will be floating around too. Maybe Barberry too? seems to be able to do most things.

bg 11 June, 2019 16:32
Is there a 7's tournamenet this year? Its normally at Saints but I've not seen anything advertised?

DGPWasp 11 June, 2019 16:50
Quote:
backdoc
So the 7's squad should include:
Kibirige
Odogwu
Sirker
Vellacot
Willis
Neal
Cardell
Porter
Spink
James

Wow.

Plus Wade back as a ringer?? smiling smiley

Matt82 11 June, 2019 18:50
Quote:
Lwasp
If Dai does rotate how long before the first post complaining of the number of different combos used and how can anyone hope to settle and find form without a run of games?

If you look at Sarries and Ex who many think are streets ahead, they use their wing options well. Ex seem to give players a couple of months playing time and then a couple of months off. I don't think there are weak options in our wingers. Think Dai will need to look at who we are playing and pick accordingly.

steve from cov 11 June, 2019 19:14
Great news. You just canít beat real pace.

Wasps now have an exciting group of wingers who will compete hard to start in the 1st XV.

Iím looking forward to seeing how they all get on next season.

Welcome Zach.

westwaleswasp 11 June, 2019 19:48
Quote:
Lwasp

That will rather depend on the results, one would imagine.
Wins bring backing, whilst defeats yield opprobrium. Dai had a lot of stick, but between December and April we simply stopped winning, and looked clueless often.
We must get away from the approach that "Dai is always right" and "Dai is always wrong". I would say right now he can't know his best team exactly, he may have to fiddle a bit, and then he can start to rotate. I feel we have used the Prem cup competition awfully - I wanted stronger teams with a good mix- and, indeed, so did Dai in retrospect. With an increased squad size Dai has more options.

I think with this signing we are looking better placed in the back three, it may take time but we will have options. In fact the backs are looking pretty healthy, as long as Lima starts to show his talent we should be OK. Pace wins matches, and we have a fair bit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2019 19:49 by westwaleswasp.

Shugs 11 June, 2019 20:18
Looks s good signing and our wing options look great. Real pace and most if not all options available all season you'd have to think.

Stevothewasp 11 June, 2019 21:51
Could be:
Robson
Lima
Bassett
De Jongh/gopps
Fekitoa
Kibirige
Miller/minnozi

With
vellacott
Searle(when fit)/gopps
Watson on bench

Tasty...

anderm 12 June, 2019 07:41
Quote:
bg
Is there a 7's tournamenet this year? Its normally at Saints but I've not seen anything advertised?

Doing a quick internet search the fixtures were announced on the 19th June last year but can find no reference other than on Wikipedia to a 2019-20 season competition.

bg 12 June, 2019 08:34
Quote:
anderm
Quote:
bg

Doing a quick internet search the fixtures were announced on the 19th June last year but can find no reference other than on Wikipedia to a 2019-20 season competition.

Singha stopped sponsoring it a few seasons ago so I'm guessing its dependent on whether BT want to cover it again. If they don't, I doubt its not financially viable to host it at Saints.

There's nothing on Premiership Rugby's website. I can't see the WC warmups effecting who would be able to take part though as most teams field academy/fringe squad players

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net