Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Latest news whilst off-air
Discussion started by Boooo , 28 June, 2019 11:33
Latest news whilst off-air
Boooo 28 June, 2019 11:33
Scrum half incoming
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Jacob rises
[www.stuff.co.nz]

Sisu bleeding us dry
[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

Richard Beck joins us as a coach
[www.wasps.co.uk]

Wasps Academy partner with Lear Corporation
[www.wasps.co.uk]

And hopefully Cips announced in extended training squad today.

Re: Latest news whilst off-air
DrHankPym(superhero) 28 June, 2019 11:46
I was gonna post the Umaga news, but you beat me to it.

Great news, hopefully he'll get a decent amount of game time.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

OxWasp 28 June, 2019 12:06
Does anyone know why this site periodically goes offline?

Good news about Umaga - i wonder if he took a bit longer because he wanted assurances RE playing time... Have a hunch we might see him at 15 a bit this season. Think back to when Cips was introduced all the years ago.

DrHankPym(superhero) 28 June, 2019 12:34
Quote:
OxWasp

I think articles have to be posted every fortnight or so, otherwise we disappear.

Might be a bit tricky during this longer off season, unless someone is sitting some articles they want posting.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

SimonG19 28 June, 2019 12:47
Couldn't an "article" consisting of the next three fixtures be published once a fortnight?

bg 28 June, 2019 13:16
Quote:
SimonG19
Couldn't an "article" consisting of the next three fixtures be published once a fortnight?

Well done for volunteering.. or the option is to join a Wasps forum that doesn't go down

Boooo 28 June, 2019 14:11
I've offered up the idea of fun top ten lists.

One person posts theirs (as an article)...and everyone else follows in the post.

Quick, simple, easy way to have regular contributions.
But that idea keeps getting rejected for some reason.
Apparently, it would better to have the site down instead.

I don't really understand it.

neils 28 June, 2019 14:36
Quote:
bg
Quote:
SimonG19

Well done for volunteering.. or the option is to join a Wasps forum that doesn't go down

Not sure why you would advocate that now this is up.

WaspieMatt 28 June, 2019 15:06
Iíve also noticed that when other teams sites go offline itís normally only about 24 hours until they are back up and running but DW seems to be gone for days and days.
No criticism of any of the mods who Iím sure are incredibly busy but just curious as to why ours seems to disappear for much longer than any of the others? Does anyone know?

RossM 28 June, 2019 19:56
Quote:
WaspieMatt
Iíve also noticed that when other teams sites go offline itís normally only about 24 hours until they are back up and running but DW seems to be gone for days and days.
No criticism of any of the mods who Iím sure are incredibly busy but just curious as to why ours seems to disappear for much longer than any of the others? Does anyone know?

Unlike many of the others, we have an alternative.

PhilH 28 June, 2019 20:41
Quote:
RossM
Quote:
WaspieMatt

Unlike many of the others, we have an alternative.
With the same management!

ukms 28 June, 2019 22:43
Quote:
WaspieMatt

You are right the admins are incredibly busy and sometimes donít always spot that itís gone down or if they do they are not always in a position to jump on to a PC and post something.

ukms 28 June, 2019 22:50
Quote:
Boooo
One person posts theirs (as an article)...and everyone else follows in the post.

It doesnít get rejected its just not as simple as you make it sound. Forum members canít post articles. An admin has to log into the back end of the site, copy the article into the correct format and the publish it. No different to me copy and pasting a news article.

Unfortunately I donít always have time to devote and to be honest I often lack the inclination when I read some of the shite thatís posted these days.

Other admins are likewise sometimes busy.

bg 29 June, 2019 08:14
Some other club's forums have or are moving away from this site. Glos and Quins have their own forums and there is another Wasps forum but if people enjoy being able to log into other clubs forums, or enjoy the input of other clubs' supporters then the following is grabbing interest from other clubs.

ViewFromThe22

Penn Wasp 29 June, 2019 09:24
I have noticed some clubs post a subject that might be considered a new thread and that is considered as an article.

Would make life a.lot easier?

SimonG19 29 June, 2019 14:49
Quote:
bg
Quote:
SimonG19

I don't think I'll bother if you post there too.

raedarius 29 June, 2019 17:34
Quote:
DrHankPym(superhero)
Quote:
OxWasp

I think articles have to be posted every fortnight or so, otherwise we disappear.

Might be a bit tricky during this longer off season, unless someone is sitting some articles they want posting.

You and Chiefs get closed down regularly but the long abandoned Quins board stays open indefinitely. Perhaps once a board is abandoned the rugbynetwork owners leave it open for ad clicks.

PhilH 29 June, 2019 19:07
So where do I see the article that was posted to re-open the site? The last posting I can see is dated 2nd May!

ukms 29 June, 2019 19:46
Quote:
PhilH
So where do I see the article that was posted to re-open the site? The last posting I can see is dated 2nd May!

Sometimes itís closed and reopened as a reminder

John Tee 30 June, 2019 16:55
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Boooo

Unfortunately I donít always have time to devote and to be honest I often lack the inclination when I read some of the shite thatís posted these days.

Other admins are likewise sometimes busy.

And there you have it...

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net