Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

New Chief Exec
Discussion started by ukms , 16 August, 2019 16:27
New Chief Exec
ukms 16 August, 2019 16:27
Stephen Vaughan
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: New Chief Exec
steve from cov 16 August, 2019 23:11
Shedweb posters were very sad to see Stephen leave Gloucester Rugby.

By all accounts he was very popular there and was a real success.

It looks to be another smart move by Wasps. Positive news.

wombles222 17 August, 2019 07:48
Agree Steve, Mr Vaughan was key to Glos taking some great strides forwards over the last few years. I have to admit feeling exceptionally positive for this season, it feels like a new dawn with hard work on and off the pitch to move the club forwards! I cannot wait to see what our new execs do!

Buzzboy 23 August, 2019 13:32
Well done Wombles.
Can I have a dose of your medicine please... not feeling it yet. But I did look at the squad the other day and think we had a good number of players.

Matt82 23 August, 2019 14:57
Quote:
Buzzboy
Well done Wombles.
Can I have a dose of your medicine please... not feeling it yet. But I did look at the squad the other day and think we had a good number of players.

I'm with you on the squad but I do still feel we are an international level lock short bearing in mind Joe is at the WC and then potentially 6 Nations and factoring in rest periods. We are a different team with him in the side and I've always gent the last few seasons there is a dip in quality there. One player I've been impressed with when I've seen him is Tim Cardall and hope he gets some of the early cup games to stake a claim.

Worcswasp 23 August, 2019 22:41
Thats right Matt. Had my Summer break....... so no posting until now. Squad is decent but second row not good enough. Think many of us may have mentioned this early last season but club have NOT rectified it. It may bite their back side.

Heathen 23 August, 2019 22:53
Excellent recruitment IMHO.

Although squad is not the topic of the thread, I do not thik that (injuries) excepted, the squad will not be too disrupted by absences this season - Joe and Minozzi being the main exceptions. There could be some bolters from the younger recruits/promotions.

Matt82 24 August, 2019 18:38
Quote:
Heathen
Excellent recruitment IMHO.
Although squad is not the topic of the thread, I do not thik that (injuries) excepted, the squad will not be too disrupted by absences this season - Joe and Minozzi being the main exceptions. There could be some bolters from the younger recruits/promotions.

Think the biggest plus for us this year is Jack Willis being back fit. Looks like he's worked hard at the gym too!

Shugs 25 August, 2019 11:16
Agree about the optimism both in terms of Vaughan and the team. In terms of the second row Rowlands is someone who has polarised opinion. Looking at the squad he's going to get a good deal of game time next year and his form will be key.

Greenback Wasp 25 August, 2019 20:55
I believe another major plus for us this season will be Alex Rieder. Very little has been posted about him and hardly mentioned in peoples 23 match day squad pick. If he can quickly reproduce the form and promise he was showing before his 2 horrific injuries he may produce a stella season for us. Sorry if post is a bit off topic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net