Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Dai to leave Wasps
Discussion started by steve from cov , 01 September, 2019 09:29
Dai to leave Wasps
steve from cov 01 September, 2019 09:29
... upon expiry of his current contract.

He tells the TRP he wishes to coach a national team.

Smart move?

Re: Dai to leave Wasps
Phillywasp 01 September, 2019 11:54
It's a smart move for him, yes. In that he probably has taken us as far as he can and will always fancy a crack at international level. He's made no secret of that. That said, his reputation right now is possibly lower than it has ever been after our poor show last season.

Is it a smart move to announce it now?
I'm not sure - it could easily further destabilise a squad that has never ever been all that stable in the first place.

There will be international vacancies aplenty after the world cup. When does his contract end?

Phillywasp 01 September, 2019 12:00
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Answering my own question - 2023.
There'll be vacancies after that world cup too. He's got 4 seasons with us to prove he's a worthy candidate.
Costello's got 4 seasons to prove he's ready to step into Dai's shoes. (Sm100)

horusthewasp 01 September, 2019 22:10
Although this is understandable (and I certainly wish him the best in his post Wasps career), I don't understand why it needs to be publicly announced so early on during a somewhat challenging/transitional period for the club.

Buzzboy 03 September, 2019 08:18
Quote:
horusthewasp
Although this is understandable (and I certainly wish him the best in his post Wasps career), I don't understand why it needs to be publicly announced so early on during a somewhat challenging/transitional period for the club.

+1

Boooo 03 September, 2019 10:42
The whole article from Dai (Q and A session) is worth a read.

In the current copy of the Rugby Paper.
Have a flick through in WH Smith’s.

Heathen 03 September, 2019 23:21
He will be have been in the job for 11 years by then so probably about right. I would imagine that a suitable replacement will be lined up by then.

westwaleswasp 04 September, 2019 18:08
Quote:
Boooo
The whole article from Dai (Q and A session) is worth a read.
In the current copy of the Rugby Paper. This
Have a flick through in WH Smith’s.

Or buy it, even. It really is quite good value....

Buzzboy 04 September, 2019 21:23
Quite. I often get daunted by the amount of pages in the Sunday broadsheets, so the rugby paper gives me what I really want to read about.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net