Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Team v Sarries
Discussion started by Matt82 , 05 September, 2019 13:48
Team v Sarries
Matt82 05 September, 2019 13:48
I can't wait any longer! The wait is killing me! 2 weeks until our cup match against Sarries. Who would you go with? Youth? Experience? A blend of both? Dai has said he wants to take the cup more seriously to give us momentum. What would people do?

Re: Team v Sarries
Al from Cov 05 September, 2019 16:06
I'd put out the best team we have available, we need to get momentum building early on

Heathen 05 September, 2019 22:54
Quote:
Al from Cov
I'd put out the best team we have available, we need to get momentum building early on

I would too. At home. Lay down a marker.

A punt at the side :

ZZ/TT/JTA or KB
JG/CM or WR
BS/BM/NC
DR/JG
JB/MF/JdJ/MW or ZK
RM

RossM 05 September, 2019 22:59
After such a long lay off, I certainly wouldn't have Gopps starting at fly half. Lima, so long as he's fit, for me.

Also I might start Tom Cruse rather than Tommy Taylor.

Matt82 06 September, 2019 06:47
I'd have a balance of experience and blood some of the academy:

1) West
2)Taylor
3) Brookes
4) Matthews
5)Cardall
6) Shields c
7) Morris
8) Willis
9) Robson
10) Lima
11) Kibirige
12) Booj
13) JdJ
14) Watson
15) Umaga

16) Oghre
17) Zhvania
18) Alo
19) Rowlands
20) Johnson
21) Vellacott
22) Miller
23) Sirker

backdoc 06 September, 2019 07:14
I suspect 10 will be Billy or even Jacob. I would get Spink involve as soon as possible as well.
Sarries have a tough call to make. Do they put out their strongest team with all the WC absentees?

Heathen 06 September, 2019 08:29
Lima and Jack Willis are not fit.

Quote:
Matt82
1) West
2)Taylor
3) Brookes
4) Matthews
5)Cardall
6) Shields c
7) Morris
8) Willis
9) Robson
10) Lima
11) Kibirige
12) Booj
13) JdJ
14) Watson
15) Umaga

16) Oghre
17) Zhvania
18) Alo
19) Rowlands
20) Johnson
21) Vellacott
22) Miller
23) Sirker

Matt82 06 September, 2019 09:08
Quote:
Heathen
Lima and Jack Willis are not fit.
Quote:
Matt82

1) West
2)Taylor
3) Brookes
4) Matthews
5)Cardall
6) Shields c
7) Morris
8) Willis
9) Robson
10) Lima
11) Kibirige
12) Booj
13) JdJ
14) Watson
15) Umaga

16) Oghre
17) Zhvania
18) Alo
19) Rowlands
20) Johnson
21) Vellacott
22) Miller
23) Sirker

Sorry that should say Tom not Jack. Think both Willis' will flourish this year. I know Lima has been carrying a calf injury but if he's fit and available I'd get him up to speed asap. If not give Umaga his opportunity.

Shugs 07 September, 2019 11:09
We haven't played any friendlies so we're going to have to go with as strong a team as possible whilst trying to get as many involved as possible. I'd start with;

ZZ TT JTA
JG CM
BS NC TY
DR
JG
JDJ MF
JB MW
RM

backdoc 07 September, 2019 14:38
I canít see Dai playing JG at 10, at home in a game like this.

SarrieSaint 07 September, 2019 20:40
Pretty sure you'll see a fairly B or even C team. Internationals and injuries mean that the PC games will mainly be a question of making sure the remaining players make it to the start of the season!

Still looking forward to it but I'd expect Wasps to be heavy favourites.

Matt82 07 September, 2019 20:44
Quote:
SarrieSaint
Pretty sure you'll see a fairly B or even C team. Internationals and injuries mean that the PC games will mainly be a question of making sure the remaining players make it to the start of the season!

When you're parachuting in internationals I'll refrain from playing the worlds smallest violin

Nomad_Wasp 11 September, 2019 09:48
Imagine Sarries will have:

1. Adams-Hale
2. Woolstencroft
3. Barrington
4. Isiekwe
5. Skelton
6. Rhodes
7. Earl
8. Wray

9. Spencer
10. Willemse
11. Lewington
12. Barritt
13. Tompkins
14. Lozowski
15. Gallagher

Few of those might switch about. There's also Wigglesworth, Callum Clark, Hakolo, Crossdale... They'll be fit, and they'll be good

Jac_A 11 September, 2019 10:50
Personally I don't think Sarries will put out that strong a team. I would imagine that over the Prem Cup games they will rotate their 'key' players through the squad together with the more inexperienced as they will need a lot of depth to cover till December when they'll be back to full strength.

I'm wrong more than I'm right but I think they'll put out something more like:
Gallagher, Segun, Morris, Tompkins, Crossdale; Vunipola, Whitley; Adams-Hale, Woolstencroft, Ibuanokpe, Kpoku, Isiekwe, Clark, Reffell, Earl

Not sure who we will play. I quite like the look of Matt82's team. Interesting to see the 7s team and I wonder if as they have been training for 7s they will not be playing the Saracen's game? A team without the 7s team would have a backline something like:
James/Miller, Watson, JdJ, Booj, Bassett; Sopoga/Searle/Gopperth, Robson
In the pack I'd like to see Matthews and Garratt and a back-row with Tom Willis, Al Rieder and Ben Morris. Not sure about props, I don't think JTA will play nor ZZ so West or Harris at 1 and then I have Brookes for experience and Taylor at hooker.

backdoc 11 September, 2019 13:28
I don't think Dai will have two hookers on the bench.

Bracken&Macken 15 September, 2019 12:28
Quote:
SarrieSaint

Unfortunately due to your financial practices talk of B or C teams is a bit redundant. Youíre playing a different game to everyone else.

Heathen 15 September, 2019 13:03
Scrum half selection could be a bit iffy after yesterday.

Sarriebone 15 September, 2019 13:34
Quote:
Nomad_Wasp
Few of those might switch about. There's also Wigglesworth, Callum Clark, Hakolo, Crossdale... They'll be fit, and they'll be good

Wiggy's not available, he's in Japan as Canada's defence coach I believe

backdoc 15 September, 2019 14:20
I thought Wigglesworth was Eddie Jones secret weapon for when Youngs sprains his pinkie or develops acute haemorrhoids and there is no bench 9.

Nomad_Wasp 15 September, 2019 19:39
Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
Nomad_Wasp

Wiggy's not available, he's in Japan as Canada's defence coach I believe

This I did not know. Probably the most imaginative "I'm nearby if there's an injury and you need to call someone up" I've ever seen!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net