Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Elliott Daly
Discussion started by Matt82 , 22 September, 2019 13:10
Elliott Daly
Matt82 22 September, 2019 13:10
after just watching Daly's petulant response to Slade then it reminded me of a conversation I had yesterday with a Sarries supporter. Through their connections with both teams the word is that the Wasps camp is a lot happier with ED out of the club. The move probably works well, we've got rid of a player who clearly didn't want to be there and the players are happier for it and he gets to play with his Sarries chums.

Re: Elliott Daly
backdoc 22 September, 2019 15:06
The medical grapevine has it that Elliot was prostituting himself to Sarries for several years before the deal occurred.

mrkwasp1 22 September, 2019 15:11
He had simply run his time with a club which bore no resemblance to the one he joined as a youngster. Exactly the same happens if you stay in a company too long, especially if you perceive your self to be a 'star'.
I suspect he regretted he did not move on when they moved to Coventry.

But that is all in the past, he was a great asset to the club, left some fantastic memories and has moved on. Both he and Wasps now look to the future.

backdoc 22 September, 2019 17:40
I don't agree with this. Companies and sports teams are not analogous.

Elliot's head was not with Wasps, probably since the Lions tour.

This season, with minimal coaching changes, mid-table is the goal which probably means missing the Heine again.

After that, the coaching staff need to be refreshed. By then the Academy players promoted this season will start to be first team players, and we need to be competitive again.

Heathen 22 September, 2019 21:50
We will not improve until we get a first class defence coach. Why we failed to recruit one in the close season is a mystery.

John Tee 22 September, 2019 22:20
i think he seemed to believe the media hype but forgot he needed to perform for his club at the time and that spilt over to his England game.
Lucky he wasnt discarded along the way but he had a decent enough game today. Better and tougher games ahead so he wasn't under much pressure so the easiest of games really.

im not sure he will be firsf xv for Saracens...so playing for peanuts will begin to grate soon enough..?

Andy1210 22 September, 2019 22:27
Quote:
Heathen
We will not improve until we get a first class defence coach. Why we failed to recruit one in the close season is a mystery.

Dai said he was happy with Costello and what he brought to the coaching set up. That in itself is worrying.

Nomad_Wasp 23 September, 2019 09:21
Quote:
John Tee
i think he seemed to believe the media hype but forgot he needed to perform for his club at the time and that spilt over to his England game.
Lucky he wasnt discarded along the way but he had a decent enough game today. Better and tougher games ahead so he wasn't under much pressure so the easiest of games really.

im not sure he will be firsf xv for Saracens...so playing for peanuts will begin to grate soon enough..?

Think it's more likely he's being paid a lot for little minutes in that scenario.

He will play, but it will be interesting to see where he plays (I see it most likely that he'll be on the wing), and if he's in the starting XV for the big games.

backdoc 23 September, 2019 09:58
On the bench covering 13, 14/11, 15

John Tee 23 September, 2019 10:48
but players are willing to play for less money if there are medals at the end of it.

But you have to play to get them..lol

Buzzboy 25 September, 2019 14:54
Medals and a nice house in St Albans...

AB 27 September, 2019 07:49
at least he has a good chance of winning some silverware which he certainly wouldn't get with you!

neils 27 September, 2019 07:57
And you might get your silverware removed from record.

matelot22 27 September, 2019 09:45
Quote:
AB
at least he has a good chance of winning some silverware which he certainly wouldn't get with you!

Boohoo, and my dad's bigger than your dad..............

How you lot can cheat for years on end and expect the rest of the rugby community not to be majorly pi$$ed off about it is beyond me. Delusional and arrogant beyond measure.

SimonG19 27 September, 2019 12:30
Quote:
AB

And be remembered in history as a member of a team that bought their silverware? I'd rather support a honest club.

(Not a Wasps supporter by the way).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/09/2019 12:31 by SimonG19.

westwaleswasp 27 September, 2019 22:47
Speaking of buying teams and financial doping. Any news on the latest prem investigation?

Shugs 29 September, 2019 11:39
Daly - great player for us pre his England call up when he played 13. Once selected for England his attitude changed and I can only assume it all went to his head. Jones then tried to turn him into a winger and more recently (and unsuccessfully) a full back. I think his situation along with that of Hughes, Le Roux and Wade wrecked last season for us. Whilst they all did good things for us at times this season, in the nicest possible way, feels like a breath of fresh air without them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net