Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Minozzi
Discussion started by Matt82 , 10 October, 2019 06:53
Minozzi
Matt82 10 October, 2019 06:53
Unfortunate that the Italy game has been cancelled but surely that now means he'll be in contention for the London Irish game?

Re: Minozzi
Marconi 10 October, 2019 07:27
And selfishly means that there is less chance of him being injured too (don't want to curse it though)

neils 10 October, 2019 07:42
Do not all WC players have a statutory period off after they return. Also has he actually moved to Warwickshire yet - he has visited Broadstreet but not aware he has upped sticks and put down his new roots.

Laterontoday 10 October, 2019 11:02
Would expect all WC players to have a mandatory two/three week rest period but would assume that that period would start after the last game their team played in. The season is long and we don't need another player coming in with big expectations on them only to flop first season because they didn't get a decent closed season..

neils 10 October, 2019 11:19
Must admit I thought it was 5 weeks but that may only be England.

bald.paul.101 10 October, 2019 11:25
I doubt very much whether Italian players, playing for English clubs wold have a mandatory rest period.
Doesn't say he shouldn't have a sensible break mind, but he has been out for most of last season injured, he didn't start in all the RWC games so he should be pretty much ready to go I would have thought

Matt82 10 October, 2019 16:02
I doubt he's going to need much of a rest period as he's only played a handful of games after being injured. Be good to see him on the bench for the next few weeks to ease him in.

Damian68 10 October, 2019 16:45
Quote:
Matt82
I doubt he's going to need much of a rest period as he's only played a handful of games after being injured. Be good to see him on the bench for the next few weeks to ease him in.

Perhaps we could get him some "minutes" by loaning him out to a low ranked Champ team - spot the irony??!! (Sm148)

Matt82 10 October, 2019 17:25
Quote:
Damian68
Quote:
Matt82

Perhaps we could get him some "minutes" by loaning him out to a low ranked Champ team - spot the irony??!! (Sm148)

Yeah maybe not! Also surely not all England players are going to need 5 weeks rest? Launchers has carried tackle bags and we'll need him back asap. I'm sure he's frustrated not playing

Peter Brown 11 October, 2019 17:50
People seem to forget that most of the hard yards are put in during training sessions. Often, the game is less arduous. Important to respect a rest routine and give time to establish himself on more foreign soil.

Shugs 11 October, 2019 20:41
Be nice to have him back - I think he'll make s real impact this year.

backdoc 11 October, 2019 20:44
Hopefully will start to find form after a long lay off.

westwaleswasp 12 October, 2019 13:19
Quote:
Peter Brown
People seem to forget that most of the hard yards are put in during training sessions. Often, the game is less arduous. Important to respect a rest routine and give time to establish himself on more foreign soil.

Less arduous games certainly covers Launch's campaign thus far.....

Speach 12 October, 2019 17:57
Not much point in plonking Minners on the park with maybe 1 week training with the jet lag irrespective of any moving house issues. That's also exactly the best way to get him off to a bad start!

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
Sun Tzu

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net