Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Sarries game on a Friday night at the Ricoh
Discussion started by Heathen , 27 November, 2019 11:30
Sarries game on a Friday night at the Ricoh
Heathen 27 November, 2019 11:30
Premiership fixtures Rounds 10-13 have been confirmed

Leicester (A)- Sat 15th Feb (3pm)
Saracens (H)- Fri 21st Feb (7.45pm)
London Irish (A)- Sun 1st March (2.30pm)
Gloucester (H)- Sat 7th March (2.30pm)

The games against Leicester and Saracens are live on BT Sport.

Re: Sarries game on a Friday night at the Ricoh
Petergwilson 27 November, 2019 11:50
Oh great. My season ticket becomes even worse value as I can't finish work on the Friday in London AND get to the Ricoh in time for the match. Thanks very much.

DrHankPym(superhero) 27 November, 2019 12:16
Well that'll be the first match I miss due to tv scheduling.

Getting up to Coventry from London on a Friday is pretty much a non starter.

Why couldn't we play on the Sunday of that weekend?

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

WaspieKev 27 November, 2019 15:05
Ridiculous decision. The club should be ashamed of alienating its former London & Wycombe-based supporters. Whats the point of a season ticket when all matches are heavily discounted and then you cant get there on a Friday night? Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

WaspieMatt 27 November, 2019 15:40
I have to say it was touch and go for me renewing this year but I did but decisions such as this will now make me question my renewal decision even more for next year.
As has been said there are already discounts on many home games and if Wasps think itís appropriate to schedule games on a Friday night when there are a large number of loyal London and High Wycombe supporters who will be unable to make it due to work commitments then thatís a pretty sad state of affairs. Iíd also be interested to know how many Saracens supporters who would ordinarily have bought tickets will be turned off from coming for the same reason.
If on the other hand scheduling is decided by BT Sport then that is another matter. Iíd certainly be interested to know.

RossM 27 November, 2019 15:43
I think you will find that all scheduling is done at the behest of television.

neils 27 November, 2019 16:40
Quote:
RossM
I think you will find that all scheduling is done at the behest of television.

This is correct as it is a 6N weekend so no BT rugby on Saturday and a match is booked for Sunday so BT moved the match to Friday to cover it - not much Wasps can do have been party to accepting the filthy lucre.

DrHankPym(superhero) 27 November, 2019 16:44
Yeah I don't think any blame (if any) should be thrown at the club, this seems like a straight forward tv decision.

It's just a shame we couldn't have got Sunday match. Heck even 1pm on Sunday would have been more manageable for me (I think that happened for Zebre match a few seasons ago).

WONKYWASP1 27 November, 2019 23:00
4 STHs from Hereford and Shropshire will have to miss out too. (Sm146)

Brumwasp 28 November, 2019 07:23
M6 South on a Friday night wonít be a bundle of laughs either!

Al from Cov 28 November, 2019 10:09
I reckon there will be a decent crowd for this one, those that play locally on Saturdays that have been unable to attend will be able to for this one. Crowds already dropped since the move from Sundays. I know this one match will inconvenience some of the southern supporters, but a lot of local supporters have been inconvenienced for over a season now...

Barty II 28 November, 2019 12:59
Quote:
WaspieMatt
Iíd also be interested to know how many Saracens supporters who would ordinarily have bought tickets will be turned off from coming for the same reason.

Sarries fan in peace. Was considering this match as one to go to, on the off-chance it's the glorious day when we break the milestone of 0 points for the season. Friday night definitely makes it a no-go for me... real travesty given we only have nine fans as it is ;-)

(desperate self-deprecating humour)

DrHankPym(superhero) 28 November, 2019 13:13
Quote:
Al from Cov
I reckon there will be a decent crowd for this one, those that play locally on Saturdays that have been unable to attend will be able to for this one. Crowds already dropped since the move from Sundays. I know this one match will inconvenience some of the southern supporters, but a lot of local supporters have been inconvenienced for over a season now...

I'd still say the number of fans travelling up from south outweighs those who prefer Sundays.

Coupled with oppo being Sarries, that's a lot of London/south based fans who probably won't make the journey.

ukms 28 November, 2019 13:52
Itís the first ever premiership game on a Friday night since the move north (as far as I remember ) .... is it really such an issue ? ..... Iím sure there are many who will be pleased to watch a game and then have the weekend free

Petergwilson 28 November, 2019 14:04
And many who can't

RossM 28 November, 2019 14:49
It is impossible to please everyone.

Petergwilson 28 November, 2019 15:26
Yeah, but I don't care about anyone else (Sm100)

RossM 28 November, 2019 15:39
Quote:
Petergwilson
Yeah, but I don't care about anyone else (Sm100)

Fair enoughsmiling smiley

Buzzboy 30 November, 2019 19:58
Quote:
Barty II
Quote:
WaspieMatt
Iíd also be interested to know how many Saracens supporters who would ordinarily have bought tickets will be turned off from coming for the same reason.

Sarries fan in peace. Was considering this match as one to go to, on the off-chance it's the glorious day when we break the milestone of 0 points for the season. Friday night definitely makes it a no-go for me... real travesty given we only have nine fans as it is ;-)

Love the humour!

PhilH 30 November, 2019 22:24
Quote:
Buzzboy
Quote:
Barty II
Quote:
WaspieMatt

Love the humour!

Me too but when did you recruit your 9th fan? (Sm141)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net