Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Morning all
Discussion started by Matt82 , 30 November, 2019 08:46
Morning all
Matt82 30 November, 2019 08:46
Good morning Kent if you're there and fellow Wasps fans. This is a ground that's on my bucket list but due to moving house in the next week it'll have to wait til next season (should we still be in the league!). The team i pencilled in on another thread is miles away from this one due to our injury curse striking again. I'm sure Bath and ourselves have done something wrong in a different life! Great to see Umaga given his start and some of the other academy lads in the squad. It's what a lot of us cried out for last season but I think we'll miss the leadership and experience of Launchers, Shields, Mac and Fekitoa. Looking at Chiefs they're not at full strength either but you know whoever comes in it's a well oiled machine. I can't see a repeat of last season but if we can stick with them and defend sensibly then I hope we don't chuck away a losing bonus point if that's in the offing like we have done in other games. Safe travels to those going. COYW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2019 09:16 by Matt82.

Re: Morning all
wombles222 30 November, 2019 09:03
Morning all from a wonderfully foggy and frosty Guildford. Coffee being enjoyed and looking forward to a walk and then pub lunch with friends before the game today.

I like the look of this team, injuries are so common place now to our senior playing squad that I barely register anything more than a reluctant acceptance, but the selection shows to me that we are moving into a new playing era with youth being given a chance, this is a wonderful complement to our academy and long may this continue as sustained success is built on a strong academy.

To the game itself we are in a completely different place with regards to Chiefs who are settled and looking for a league title (which would be well deserved given that like many others in the league they had to face off against the disgraced cheating Saracens who’s chairman’s continued presence in the game continues to baffle me ). We on the other hand are looking to rebuild, avoid relegation and try to get into the top 6. Sandy park is no happy hunting ground for us and if we get a LBP I would be really pleased, however I feel that even that is too ambitious, thus if we can produce a positive performance that shows we are moving forward in all elements of our game I would also happily take that as well.

Heart says Wasps LBP, head says Exeter by 15+.

Stay safe all travelling Waspies, and to our squad, go out there and do us proud and give us hope no matter the result!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp! (Sm128)

kentwasp1 30 November, 2019 09:54
Morning Matt and Wimbledon. Good to see this thread back up.
Like Matt SP is one of the few premiership venues I have not been to and would love to. Chiefs I have met at home and HQ games are top people and cracking fans
Watched England v Bath last night and just didn’t seem right how they can continue as if nothing is wrong and same squad
Today desperate for a win or at least a total fight and battered proud bodies at the end
No Rob Miller must have missed injury news and mystified why Josh not even in the squad
Freezing my butt of in Eastbourne watching young son play football
Can’t find the game on Bet365 anyone else know why they no longer show rugby?
Safe travels all lucky people going to the West Country will follow on radio with some red wine and fire later

Shugs 30 November, 2019 12:03
Morning all. I'd take any sort of point out of this. We just can't catch a break injury wise and I'm really worried for McIntyre.

WONKYWASP1 30 November, 2019 12:13
Good morning everyone; nice to hear from you. Very cold and cloudy here - the top of the mountain has already disappeared in cloud. Not too convinced about a W today but it' good that 2 of my fav. players (Jacob and Tom Wi) are starting. I'd be happier with Ash as skipper but it' s good practise for Robbo. I'll watch it all on twitter …………. and now - back to the Christmas cards. O joy ….. the cat has brought me a dead shrew. Safe journeys to you all wherever you may be. (It's a bit late for the shrew) C. O. Y. W.

StonedWasp 30 November, 2019 12:44
In the Imperial, near St David's station. A bit cold and wet, oh, and the weather isn't too good either

Club, Country & Wife

Buzzboy 30 November, 2019 17:35
Sorry for the late Morning all people.
Was on a visit to Dad, who has just come out of hospital, so was a bit preoccupied.
Post match I can see my optimism was misplaced.
Not a happy hunting ground for us.

kentwasp1 30 November, 2019 18:22
Quote:
Buzzboy
Sorry for the late Morning all people.
Was on a visit to Dad, who has just come out of hospital, so was a bit preoccupied.
Post match I can see my optimism was misplaced.
Not a happy hunting ground for us.

Hope pa is ok David

Buzzboy 30 November, 2019 19:40
Yes he’s doing good thanks. Well done for kicking off the game thread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net