Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sops on the way out?
Discussion started by buzz999 , 30 November, 2019 22:28
Sops on the way out?
buzz999 30 November, 2019 22:28
According to the RPís front page tomorrow. Wouldnít surprise me if he was on his way to Bristol. Seems to be spending a lot of time there lately. Might also explain Umagaís recent starts. Letís all be honest, it hasnít worked out.

[twitter.com]

Re: Sops on the way out?
Happywasp 30 November, 2019 22:43
I spoke to him last weekend after the Agen game and said he was much happier here than last season, he seemed genuinely excited about his future with wasps.

Matt82 30 November, 2019 22:54
Maybe it says. Maybe we might get Beaudan Barrett to replace him. I can't see Lima going next season with his mate Fekitoa just arriving.

ukms 01 December, 2019 03:54
Quote:
buzz999
According to the RPís front page tomorrow. Wouldnít surprise me if he was on his way to Bristol. Seems to be spending a lot of time there lately. Might also explain Umagaís recent starts. Letís all be honest, it hasnít worked out.
[twitter.com]

So exactly how much time is he spending in Bristol ? ..... this is just an article with no substance ..... Iím not saying he wonít leave but there is nothing in the article other than his contract finishes ..... same could be said for any player.

loverugby1979 01 December, 2019 09:28
Good news. We need to change our culture. We have to save money for the future if we want to survive.

Sops is not our FH for the future. He has to go as Fekitoa and JTA. They are very expensive for their performances as a Wasps players.

We need to start from our Academy and start with our youngsters . Also we need a new coaching staff with fresh ideas and a new culture. We''ll come back stronger.

RossM 01 December, 2019 09:39
Quote:
buzz999
[twitter.com]

Are you his stalker? I think we should be told.

Heathen 01 December, 2019 10:07
Read the RP article this morning. In addition to Jacob, Billy looks as though he wants more and is in discussion with Dai. Lima is rumoured to be on £500 K - personally, I would rather see that sort of cash spent more wisely. Similarly JTA. I just wonder how much watching of games that these guys have played in before they are signed up, actually happens?

Shugs 01 December, 2019 11:41
I don't think anything will happen before the end of his contract. We can't go for the rest of the season with two inexperienced fly halves.

MojoSaliva 01 December, 2019 12:31
Sops is starting to blend but I trust in Searle and Umaga to come good should he go, while Fekitoa is very new and has started to look up. JTA on the other hand appears to be complete dross, getting hacked off every time that the commentators refer to him as an 'All-Black', I know he played for them a couple of times but even in New Zealand selectors can make mistakes. As far as I see it he's the only Kiwi we have who I won't be even remotely sorry to see the back of.

Matt82 01 December, 2019 14:27
An article underneath say Freddie Burns looks like he's off. If Lima does go we could do worse than to get Burns in as an experienced 10 on half the money Lima is getting and reinvest elsewhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2019 19:15 by Matt82.

DrHankPym(superhero) 01 December, 2019 15:26
Quote:
buzz999
[twitter.com]

Alternatively he's made a few visits to see Nathan Hughes, because he and a few other players born in southern hemisphere bonded really well and are keeping in touch.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

westwaleswasp 01 December, 2019 15:51
Lima going may make a few sorry, namely those who thought he could be an upgrade on Cips. Honestly, I would rather Jacob and Billy, spending the money saved on a second row or 12. He is by every account a top guy, but he was the wrong type of ten for us as we were set up.

bigfecker 01 December, 2019 18:53
Shall we all wave him bye, bye. Won't really be missed. We do need a quality 10 though, I don't believe in Searle as No1 choice.

John Tee 01 December, 2019 19:05
i think Umaga is a better future. Never really saw Lima as a fit and his more pragmatic game hasnt really got going but although he might be expernsive i dont think the two yougsters are ready to carry the load over the season...yet.

washy 01 December, 2019 20:40
If any truth came out of this story then its not really a bad loss, the extra cash could be better utilised I am sure.
However has anyone else noticed how all of our misfiring or unwanted players in the past 2 years have left and then played much better elsewhere. Campagnaro being the latest, quins getting much more out of him than we ever saw.

DrHankPym(superhero) 01 December, 2019 22:13
Campagnaro was injured for the majority of his Wasps period though, so that didn't help.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

Marconi 02 December, 2019 08:40
Denied by the man himself. He has 3 year contract nailed on, no option (been open about it all along).

horusthewasp 02 December, 2019 09:44
From Lima this morning:

"If everything rumoured about me were true, I'd be in five different places in the world at once, 7foot tall and playing for the Lakers... ok the last two aren't rumours, just my dreams.

"I'm not going anywhere. If you wanna find me, I'll be chasing my 2 year old on her scooter around Leamington."

[mobile.twitter.com]

P T A W 02 December, 2019 10:00
Quote:
Marconi
Denied by the man himself. He has 3 year contract nailed on, no option (been open about it all along).
Are you sure Sopoaga has a three year contract or a two with an option of a third.
Nothing in the tweet confirms he will be here beyond the end of this season.

CoventryLive understands the 18-times capped All Black has the option of an extra year on his deal but it is unlikely to be triggered.

horusthewasp 02 December, 2019 10:12
PTAW, regarding the contract period it seems CoventryLive was simply quoting the claim made by The Rugby Paper and not a confirmation of that information. At least that is how i read it:

"The Rugby Paper's 'On the Blindside' section claimed Wasps 'could lose' the 28-year-old at the end of his two-year deal this coming summer, with the option of a third year not being triggered. "

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net