Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Freddie Burns
Discussion started by Sm23 , 12 January, 2020 19:34
Freddie Burns
Sm23 12 January, 2020 19:34
RIL linking us with Freddie Burns by 2 sources. Hes a half decent player... thoughts?

Re: Freddie Burns
Matt82 12 January, 2020 19:37
I said on the Searle thread I'd take Burns. Would fit our style of play and can't understand how he's had little opportunities at Bath. Can only assume if that happens Lima would be off. He seems to tweet an awful lot lately about being homesick so wouldn't surprise me if he headed back fo NZ. If we could get Burns and Loz in for Searle and Lima that would be a great bit of business. Also see in TRP Will Spencer wanted by Wuss. He's the kind of abrasive lock we could do with.

Sm23 12 January, 2020 19:41
Yeah I think Lima must be heading back to NZ, its the only thing that would make sense.

If we can get Burns and Loz that would be a hell of a turn around, if loz is comfortable to play 12.

Seen that Kruis linked with saints as well as japan, hed be a good addition too.

backdoc 12 January, 2020 20:13
I would have thought Loz is the last player Sarries would want to lose - can play 10,12,13,15, England capped but not likely to be used, 26yrs so another 5 + years.

Matt82 12 January, 2020 20:36
Quote:
backdoc
I would have thought Loz is the last player Sarries would want to lose - can play 10,12,13,15, England capped but not likely to be used, 26yrs so another 5 + years.

If they've got to 'trim' the budget and they've got Tompkins, Taylor and Daly in the centres then wouldn't be surprised if they allowed him to go. Think he'd be the perfect replacement for Jimmy at 12 and cover at 10 and 15. If I was Dai I'd be making Loz a priority.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2020 20:37 by Matt82.

John Tee 12 January, 2020 20:53
Burns and Lowzoski would be a good swap on the two outgoing guys if true, but Im not sure about Burns on his own..

Bath have every reason to play him...they need someone to light up their exciting...on paper.. backline, but apart from a cameo here and there, he doesnt convince, from what I've seen .

Having said that, add in Vellacott and that could be a very interesting 9,10 and 12 to watch..

Marconi 12 January, 2020 21:34
Also saw Nemani Nadolo is being linked with Tigers (in RP) and Sale (RIL). Can't help feeling that we need a big option on the wing, given how well Naiyaravoro is doing at Saints.

Sm23 12 January, 2020 22:06
Julian savea is coming available, but not sure hed be worth the cash?

Matt82 12 January, 2020 22:08
Quote:
Marconi
Also saw Nemani Nadolo is being linked with Tigers (in RP) and Sale (RIL). Can't help feeling that we need a big option on the wing, given how well Naiyaravoro is doing at Saints.

I'd prefer Odogwu was given his opportunity

Dazthelion 12 January, 2020 23:26
I Ive always love Freddie and would be happy with that but I think some of the best MJ ey that could be spent wisely would be to get Alex Goode out of those cheating A holes. Not a first choice player but should be viewed as a world class 15 and top quality 10 that can provide back up to Umaga next season, a 2nd lune if attack when Umaga plays and an Insight into how Sarries are set up.

Would throw money at him in a year they need to sacrifice older players.

Heathen 12 January, 2020 23:28
Quote:
John Tee
Burns and Lowzoski would be a good swap on the two outgoing guys if true, but Im not sure about Burns on his own..
Bath have every reason to play him...they need someone to light up their exciting...on paper.. backline, but apart from a cameo here and there, he doesnt convince, from what I've seen .

Having said that, add in Vellacott and that could be a very interesting 9,10 and 12 to watch..

Burns - no thanks. We have a much more exciting player in Jacob. However, if he would be prepared to come and collect splinters, then that might be an optioon.

Aylesbury Wasp 13 January, 2020 05:46
Coventry Telegraph is stating that Burns to Wasps is a false rumour and wide of the mark.

neils 13 January, 2020 08:23
Quote:
Aylesbury Wasp
Coventry Telegraph is stating that Burns to Wasps is a false rumour and wide of the mark.

Good

Hangover 13 January, 2020 10:28
I'd take Burns and Loz very happily.

Matt82 13 January, 2020 15:53
Quote:
Heathen
Quote:
John Tee

Burns - no thanks. We have a much more exciting player in Jacob. However, if he would be prepared to come and collect splinters, then that might be an optioon.

Out of interest should Lima go and Searle going, you'd go into a season with our fly half options as Jacob (first year pro just done), Jimmy (edging close to 37) and Miller (a stand in 10)?

Heathen 13 January, 2020 16:03
No, but I am not a fan of Freddie.

Matt82 13 January, 2020 16:11
Quote:
Heathen
No, but I am not a fan of Freddie.

Well I'm a big fan of Finn Russell but we've got two hopes of getting him.

westwaleswasp 14 January, 2020 01:54
Right now Lima is not giving value for reported salary. If the reported figures are wrong then fair enough, but Jacob will be first choice for my money, do we need a marquee style signing on the bench? Sounds wasteful. If we can get someone like Burns for a fraction of the salary it could be good business.

neils 14 January, 2020 07:46
As is Wasps way there are no reported figures just assumed.

At the time of signing it was said, not by the club, that Lima was not being paid the Biggar type figure (rumoured to be 650k).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net