Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Scots rewarding failure?
Discussion started by kentwasp1 , 15 January, 2020 10:18
Scots rewarding failure?
kentwasp1 15 January, 2020 10:18
I'm a proud Scot. Always supporting the men in blue regardless of the humiliations, losses, bad news and years of bad times. Bit like Wasps.
But this sticks in the throat - the SRU board awarding themselves 100% pay rise. Long live the fat cats
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: Scots rewarding failure?
neils 15 January, 2020 10:23
And this is the Idiot that gained a substantial fine and vitriol from the WC organisers for complaining about a bit of wind!

SimonG19 15 January, 2020 11:57
I think the average Scottish rugby supporter is even more furious about this than kentwasp1. The man has somehow got himself into a position where he can take money out of the hands of the impoverished clubs and put it in his own bank account. Shameful.

Aylesbury Wasp 15 January, 2020 12:47
This is probably a job that many recently retired experienced Scottish business leaders would do just for expenses and the honour and privilege of the role.

Neverwas 15 January, 2020 17:26
They make the English RFU look totaly professional, fairminded & organised !!&#128514;

Skippy 15 January, 2020 20:52
The Scottish Ahh Eff You have a long tradition of bilking the game and feathering their own nest. If I recall correctly, for the 2003 World Cup, they awarded themselves First Class flights down to Oz, and 5* hotels for the duration of their stay. Not just for themselves, but their entire families. Not long afterwards, they had to fold the Borders franchise as part of an efficiency drive.

Nothin appears to have now that we see the SRFU CEO taking a salary just shy of a one mill FTSE 100 company territory that. Apparently, hes doubled his salary because hes hit performance metrics yet, the SRFU barely turned a profit (only because of World Cup income), was fined by World Rugby for being churlish pillocks and overseen a team knocked out in the group stages. All the sort of stuff that should see a CEO booted, not rewarded.

Even though Im English, I find the whole situation disgraceful. The 6N needs a competitive Scotland and meaningful matches like the 1990 Grand Slam decider and 1991 World Cup Semi Final. Instead, those that run the Scottish game seem determined to become the Italy of the North.

westwaleswasp 15 January, 2020 22:42
Quote:
kentwasp1
I'm a proud Scot. Always supporting the men in blue regardless of the humiliations, losses, bad news and years of bad times. Bit like Wasps.
But this sticks in the throat - the SRU board awarding themselves 100% pay rise. Long live the fat cats
[www.bbc.co.uk]

My comiserations. Living in Invicta and supporting Scotland! A glutton for punishment perhaps? As a proud Englishman and born of Essex (county champs 2019 for those of a cricketing persuasion) I should have nothing to do with you, but your choice in rugby at least gives us common ground. Why did you chose Wasps, may I ask? If it helps, I don't think the SRU are any different from the RFU, or indeed their Welsh equivalents at the WRU. It was ever thus, the rewards for being in charge if the rewards, are exquisite.

kentwasp1 16 January, 2020 22:05
Quote:
westwaleswasp
Quote:
kentwasp1
[www.bbc.co.uk]

My comiserations. Living in Invicta and supporting Scotland! A glutton for punishment perhaps? As a proud Englishman and born of Essex (county champs 2019 for those of a cricketing persuasion) I should have nothing to do with you, but your choice in rugby at least gives us common ground. Why did you chose Wasps, may I ask? If it helps, I don't think the SRU are any different from the RFU, or indeed
their Welsh equivalents at the WRU. It was ever thus, the rewards for being in charge if the rewards, are exquisite.
Not really. Before 40 years in England was in Africa mostly. My boys support England as I do when not taking on the Picts. Not a paid up SNP supporter
Supported Wasps for 20 odd years through a series of coincidences - bloke in village played for them, my then 6 year old son took a shine to them, nearest club to us, admired their style and hey, why not

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net