Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Dai stepping down?
Discussion started by WaspieKev , 11 February, 2020 11:15
Dai stepping down?
WaspieKev 11 February, 2020 11:15
Story breaking in Cov Tel saying Dai is stepping down from 1st team duties but hasn't been sacked. Lee Blackett likely to be interim Head Coach for match v Tigers. What do you make of that?

Re: Dai stepping down?
Danjester 11 February, 2020 11:19
Something needed to change, and with the safety net of no relegation risk, it makes some sense to make this decision now. Gives as much time as possible to assess suitability of current coaches to step up, or scout out someone from outside the club.

My query is who can we get to replace him? #ReturnOfGatland anyone? ;D

Al from Cov 11 February, 2020 11:22
It says for an interim period, medical problems maybe?

Danjester 11 February, 2020 11:24
Sorry, you're right. I jumped to conclusions that this was code for shuffling him out the door. Apologies!

Petergwilson 11 February, 2020 12:13
The way I read it is that Dai is still DOR but is stepping back from being Head Coach for the First XV for a period of time. Blackett is stepping up to Head Coach for an interim period. Whether that means we are looking for a new Head Coach or Dai will be taking that role back up is anyone's guess.

neils 11 February, 2020 12:15
Agree.

Also have noticed at some matches (Bordeaux and Agen in particular) he is not moving well at the moment with a very distinct limp. one match he didn't seem to come down at half time then limped down at the end - given his career and bulk I wouldn't be surprised if some form of knee op is required. Whatever he has been (and may continue to be) a good servant of Wasps and should have our thanks.

Worcswasp 11 February, 2020 12:34
What random timing this is. Right at the end of a 2 week break. Yet again minimum information coming out of the club. Their communications staff all need a break on an 'interim basis' if you ask me.

Bathovalballer 11 February, 2020 12:45
Bath fan in peace. Sincerely hope Dai and his nearest and dearest are all OK and Wasps look after a true rugby man and gentleman of the game we all love. He never complains when things are against him and he is losing a string of top players through leavers and injuries.

He has shown great courage and fortitude over a very difficult period for your club and I for one wish him the very best for the future.

Adopted player 2020/21 Beno 'the Transformer' Obano

Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.The Jink Joseph.
Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni

Andy1210 11 February, 2020 12:48
I think this could be medical related too. Maybe it's caused him an undue amount of stress of late and he needs a break, maybe it's a knee problem or in the wake of Darren Lehmann having to have an emergency heart bypass a couple of weeks ago, Dai's age, size and stress levels have meant his doctor might have warned him to take a break for a bit.

Covwasp 11 February, 2020 12:50
Quote:
Bathovalballer
Bath fan in peace. Sincerely hope Dai and his nearest and dearest are all OK and Wasps look after a true rugby man and gentleman of the game we all love. He never complains when things are against him and he is losing a string of top players through leavers and injuries.
He has shown great courage and fortitude over a very difficult period for your club and I for one wish him the very best for the future.
+1

DrHankPym(superhero) 11 February, 2020 13:06
Quote:
Covwasp
Quote:
Bathovalballer
+1

+2

I hope it's nothing serious and Dai is back in the dugout fairly soon.

Regardless of how bad things have been over the last season or two, I'm not forgetting that this is a guy who put his own hand in his pocket to cover some wages when we were going through proper relegation battle.

Dai's a good man and I wish him well.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

Which Tyler 11 February, 2020 13:17
Hope all is well with Dai and Dai's.
A "proper" rugger-burger

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 17:24 by Which Tyler.

tigerburnie 11 February, 2020 13:21
Trust all is well with him

Matt82 11 February, 2020 14:05
I really hope this is firstly not a serious medical issue and secondly it's not the last we have seen of Dai. I'm hoping and what I've wanted to see us do for a long time is move Dai to DoR. What I'm concerned by is Blackett taking up the Head Coach position. For me he's not moved our attack forward of late so how can he possibly be the main coaching voice?

WONKYWASP1 11 February, 2020 15:22
It might be that this period of (relative) securtity in the Prem. is being used to weed out future coaches good and not-so-good for Wasps, and to sort out Wasps' future. It could decide how we get on with or without Dai. Whatever way it goes I hope he stays with Wasps, in one capacity or another. I also hope that nothing medical is in the offing.

Kernowbabs 11 February, 2020 15:45
Chiefs fan here - do hope all is well with Dai. A true gentleman and has so much respect in rugby. Epitomises all the values we hold dear. Always enjoyed our clashes with Wasps and he is always fair and honest in his summaries. Good luck to him in whatever is going on.

WONKYWASP1 11 February, 2020 15:52
At least it's distracted the attention a way from the Cheaters for a bit …… oh, hang on ….. is this all a Cunning Plan set up by the Cheaters to do exactly that ………………..??

Skippy 11 February, 2020 15:58
Before we complain about Blackett taking the reigns, be thankful it’s not Costello.

Neverwas 11 February, 2020 16:19
I just hope that Dai is well, hes a true rugby giant & gent, hes taken a lot of stick on this site, so its nice to see people hoping for & wishing him the best (& not to forget his family). Wether its loss of employment or a health issue, he should always be remembered as the gr8 man he is.

Wilberforce 11 February, 2020 16:19
Reins

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net