Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

It's a homage to ADOW this Saturday for me
Discussion started by kentwasp1 , 13 February, 2020 20:09
It's a homage to ADOW this Saturday for me
kentwasp1 13 February, 2020 20:09
2 years ago when he was not yet diagnosed with the awful virulent bowel cancel that killed him last October, my son and I met him in Leicester for the Wasps game.
He sent a WhatsApp photo of beers set up at the pub just to the right of the station, the Parcel Yard.
We drank and laughed, went to the game and had a great day.
Mark Long Leather shortly after that told me he had a bowel issue, went for a scan, then got the nightmare prognosis. Still made it to Allianz Park and we kept meeting but he sadly passed away after a brave fight.
Late forties with young children.
On Saturday my son Alexander and I will battle through Storm Dennis, railworks, making a 14 hour round trip from South coast.
Join us from 1230 hrs in the Parcel Yard for pre match drinks - and a glass to Mark. PM me if you want my number or just look out for 2 wasps

Re: It's a homage to ADOW this Saturday for me
steve from cov 13 February, 2020 22:30
Well done Kentwasp. I hope you have a good time.

Steve.

Vespulavulgaris 14 February, 2020 06:45
I can't be there, but please raise a glass to Mark on my behalf.

kentwasp1 14 February, 2020 12:50
Quote:
Vespulavulgaris
I can't be there, but please raise a glass to Mark on my behalf.

That's a cert - thanks

Buzzboy 14 February, 2020 13:00
Well done. Nice gesture. Tempted to join you, but weather not looking good for driving...

kentwasp1 14 February, 2020 21:42
Amazing virtually no reaction . Iíll do this with my son on our own .

Matt82 14 February, 2020 21:46
I will try and get there Kent. Having issues with printing my ticket from my email though so I'm going to have to go to the ticket office early and beg to see if they'll print tickets for me. Hope they hsve my details on file. Grrrrr technology

Greenback Wasp 15 February, 2020 10:36
I will be there and make myself known in Parcel Yard about 1.15ish. 6 of us in total.

kentwasp1 15 February, 2020 11:34
Two of us in Magners shirts. Quite a few Wasps on train just now from Nuneaton

kentwasp1 15 February, 2020 13:06
Sorry too busy at Parcel Yard heading to ground if anyone wants to share a beer Iím on 07866 740332

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net