Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Rob Howley
Discussion started by Old Sod , 01 June, 2020 12:17
Rob Howley
Old Sod 01 June, 2020 12:17
An extract from today's DT reproduced below says Wasps plan to bring him back - unsure if this is on given Dai's departure. Anyone know anymore?

"Howley, whose ban expires on June 16, now wants to return to rugby and revealed Wasps had "reached out" to him before Christmas about working with Dai Young."

"That phone call from (Wasps owner) Derek Richardson gave me a huge boost, reassuring me that I have a future in the game," he said.

"Given my experience of the last nine months - some self-reflection and self-awareness - I'd like to think it will benefit me as a coach."

Re: Rob Howley
steve from cov 01 June, 2020 15:34
I suspect Wasps contacted him to work with Dai - and then moved in a different direction (under Stephen Vaughan’s direction) in the New Year when they decided to part ways with Dai.

Does anyone see things differently?

neils 01 June, 2020 16:20
Nope

ukms 01 June, 2020 19:43
Quote:
steve from cov
I suspect Wasps contacted him to work with Dai - and then moved in a different direction (under Stephen Vaughan’s direction) in the New Year when they decided to part ways with Dai.
Does anyone see things differently?

Agreed ..... thats how I see it

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net