Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sad news - Ashley leaving
Discussion started by RogerE , 10 June, 2020 16:59
Sad news - Ashley leaving
RogerE 10 June, 2020 16:59
I guess it was inevitable, but really sad news.

It's on the offy, but doesn't say where he's off to.

Roger

Re: Sad news - Ashley leaving
Iceni 10 June, 2020 17:02
Ditto Charlie Mathews off to Japan.

Worcswasp 10 June, 2020 17:52
Love Johnson. Top servant but club is evolving. Wish him well.

steve from cov 10 June, 2020 18:34
Very sad news.

Ashley is/was instantly recognisable and a huge favourite with young Wasps fans particularly.

He settled down very quickly in the local area too.

Best wishes Ashley.

ukms 10 June, 2020 19:11
Great shame, always great to watch him play and a fantastic servant of the club for a considerable time.

Good luck Smashley in your future endeavours !

COYW15 10 June, 2020 19:57
A shame he won't get the send off he deserves.

COYW15 10 June, 2020 20:00
Just found this [www.news24.com] which claims he's been earmarked for an RFU coaching position? Mind you, they still think we're London Wasps so not sure how well informed they are.

Andy1210 10 June, 2020 22:33
Really sad to see him go. A great and committed servant of the club who I think itís fair to say has earned the right to be called a Wasps legend. Iíve still got my Ashley Johnson wig too!

Good luck Ashley.

Shugs 11 June, 2020 08:30
Sad but inevitable. A great servant to the club, I hope he's invited back when things are normal again for a proper send off.

Heathen 11 June, 2020 08:40
Hope this means that we keep Brad and Nemo. Otherwise Lee will need todo some recruiting.

Ash has been a great servant to the club. Deserves a sendoff in front of the fans.

Hangover 11 June, 2020 08:50
An absolute star. Loved the way he played the game, 'Smashley' was dead right. Would have loved to see him play more at 8 as I think that would have been his best position. All the best to Ash and family, thanks to one of our favourite players (Sm128) (Sm128) (Sm128)

StonedWasp 11 June, 2020 09:31
Will really miss his playing prowess. Good luck for the future, and stay safe

Marconi 11 June, 2020 15:45
Have heard Cov have offered him a playing/coaching role, so maybe not going far!

anderm 11 June, 2020 20:12
Quote:
Marconi
Have heard Cov have offered him a playing/coaching role, so maybe not going far!

That would be good for both parties, as think Ashley would pull in new fans for Cov Rugby.

Al from Cov 11 June, 2020 20:23
It would be a great move for Cov to sign him, you would get Wasps fans heading over to The Butts to see him when Wasps aren't playing, he would be an epic player in the championship and get the chance to smash the Sarries about next season!

RogerE 12 June, 2020 17:37
The Sale rumour has re-appeared on ruck.co.uk

Roger

poplarside 02 July, 2020 17:41
Ashley Johnson has joined Birmingham Moseley as player-coach.

backdoc 02 July, 2020 19:52
It is a shame we don't have a 'clay-oven' send-off

greenwood 02 July, 2020 20:09
My son lives on the same estate as Ashley.
He may be able to rustle a BBQ at short notice. Ashley and him could form a bubble or wot-not.
I could always ask...

Matt82 02 July, 2020 22:26
Iíd have thought if heís staying in Coventry weíll see him at the Ricoh. Doesnít sound like Nemo has left on great terms.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net