Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Kinga to Glos.
Discussion started by RogerE , 14 July, 2020 08:16
Kinga to Glos.
RogerE 14 July, 2020 08:16
Alex King is joining Gloucester as attack coach to work with "Gorgeous George".

Looks like Aitch will have her loyalties stretched.

Roger

Re: Kinga to Glos.
Boooo 14 July, 2020 15:20
Alex and Cips reunited.
Simmo there.
With Gorgeous George pulling the strings.

Very interested to see how things go over there.

Boooo 14 July, 2020 15:28
Apparently Dominic Waldouck rumoured to be their next Defence coach.

This could really hurt (Sm136)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/07/2020 15:29 by Boooo.

Heathen 14 July, 2020 21:23
Quote:
Boooo
Apparently Dominic Waldouck rumoured to be their next Defence coach.
This could really hurt (Sm136)

We will be fine. I would rather have Lee running the backs than Alex.

Boooo 25 July, 2020 18:16
So with Dom Waldouck now announced as Gloucester's new defence coach....that's 4 out of 5 ex-Wasps players that make up their coaching team.

Head Coach Ė George Skivington
Attack Coach Ė Alex King
Defence Coach Ė Dom Waldouck
Assistant Backs & Academy Transition Coach Ė Tim Taylor
Assistant Forwards & Academy Transition Coach Ė Trevor Woodman

And with Simmo and Cips there too, I'l be keeping an eager eye on their progress.

Once a Wasp, always a Wasp.
With an occasional splash of red and white.

Buzzboy 27 July, 2020 12:36
Such a shame these players didnít find their way back to us. Good luck to them, but I hope they donít prosper against us!
Something to be said that they didnít end up back in our fold?

Heathen 27 July, 2020 22:41
Quote:
Buzzboy
Such a shame these players didnít find their way back to us. Good luck to them, but I hope they donít prosper against us!

Not sure that any of the ex Wasps in their coaching team would offer any more than what we now have. Certainly Lee Blackett is our standout man and the rest of the coaching team have gelled under his direction.

Boooo 28 July, 2020 12:24
I donít think most of us are necessarily fixated on swapping.

But I imagine thereís quite a few of us who are really interested to see how these ex-Waspies gel and perform together.
Iím genuinely fascinated and wish them really well.

Mellie 28 July, 2020 12:40
In 2006-7 season the ex-Wasps players at Glaws had the following First Team appearances, league and Heineken Cup:
King 22, Cips 18, Dom 15, Skivs 13, Simmo (academy) 0.

It is likely that they all played together in quite a few matches. King, Cips and Dom all appeared in the HC final that year.

Trevor Woodman never played for Wasps. He was forwards coach 2009-13, so would have coached Skivs for a season.

Matt82 28 July, 2020 13:51
Quote:
Heathen
Quote:
Buzzboy

Not sure that any of the ex Wasps in their coaching team would offer any more than what we now have. Certainly Lee Blackett is our standout man and the rest of the coaching team have gelled under his direction.

Yes and no. Not convinced still by Costello and Gleeson will need to take on more responsibility with Blackett growing into his role. Does he have the experience of a King? No. Could he? We shall see. I just think when we talk about ex players coming back as coaches itís a benefit for me as they have an affinity with the club and possibly care that little bit more (although it may not be the case for everyone).

John Tee 31 July, 2020 17:49
Quote:
Boooo
I donít think most of us are necessarily fixated on swapping.
But I imagine thereís quite a few of us who are really interested to see how these ex-Waspies gel and perform together.
Iím genuinely fascinated and wish them really well.

I'll watch them because i think they will play attractive rugby.
Along with Wasps and Saints.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net