Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

What would your team be?
Discussion started by Matt82 , 16 July, 2020 07:40
What would your team be?
Matt82 16 July, 2020 07:40
1 month to go (fingers crossed). Think the club have done fantastically well in this period to extend contracts and itís great to see key players and youngsters buying into the vision. When we do return thereíll be no Ashley, Nemo, Matthews or Searle. Itís a shame but I guess with the current situation there had to be losses. However I think Mills is a fantastic signing and intrigued to see what Edwards is like. We have some players back from long term injury and particularly looking forward to seeing Vellacott get a run out. So when we play Saints, with what should be a fully fit squad, who would you go with?

1) Harris
2) Taylor
3) Brookes
4) Rowlands
5) Launchbury
6) Shields
7) Young
8) J Willis
9) Robbo
10) Umaga
11) Bassett
12) Jimmy
13) Fekitoa
14) Kibirige
15) Lima

16) Oghre
17) McIntyre
18) Alo
19) Flament
20) Vailanu/T Willis
21) Vellacott
22) Mills
23) Minozzi

Re: What would your team be?
steve from cov 16 July, 2020 10:32
Strong selection Matt but if everyone is fit and firing I would go.....

Simon Mc or ZZ at loose head.
Watson ahead of Josh.
Cruse ahead of Oghre (just)
Tom Willis ahead of Sione Vailanu (perhaps)

DuncanS 16 July, 2020 10:33
ZZ for Harris and Minozzi for Bassett.

neils 16 July, 2020 11:33
The best one available from fit players would be my choice.

Matt82 16 July, 2020 13:07
Quote:
steve from cov
Strong selection Matt but if everyone is fit and firing I would go.....
Simon Mc or ZZ at loose head.
Watson ahead of Josh.
Cruse ahead of Oghre (just)
Tom Willis ahead of Sione Vailanu (perhaps)

I think Harris owns the shirt with his form pre lockdown. ZZ hasnít done enough this season imo to say he walks straight back in. I think Cruse could well be off next season so Iíd rather see Oghre and Barbeary get opportunities. Josh I would just have in ahead of others because of his defensive work. Think we can rotate our wingers and not have a drop off in quality which is good. I hope we see what Sirker can do.

Dazthelion 16 July, 2020 14:39
Anyone know if Sirker will be fit for the re-start? Not heard him mentioned for a while.

Heathen 16 July, 2020 17:12
Not heard any negative news so given that it is nearly a year since the injury, he probably will be fit.

MarleyWasp 16 July, 2020 17:43
I wouldn't be surprised if the squad is effectively divided into two with matches divided equally between the two. Having tried to map out the two squads, it's clear we are very short in the back row.

Matt82 17 July, 2020 07:15
Quote:
MarleyWasp
I wouldn't be surprised if the squad is effectively divided into two with matches divided equally between the two. Having tried to map out the two squads, it's clear we are very short in the back row.

From what I saw last year in the u18 and a league games weíve got some good talent coming through in the back row. Not much has been mentioned of academy and senior academy squads for upcoming season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net