Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***


Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
CCFC New Stadium
Discussion started by Covwasp , 21 July, 2020 11:11
CCFC New Stadium
Covwasp 21 July, 2020 11:11

Re: CCFC New Stadium
neils 21 July, 2020 12:16
Excellent news.

Re: CCFC New Stadium
Kimbo 21 July, 2020 12:28
Quote:
neils
Excellent news.
Truly excellent.
(Not going to help you though, is it?).

Re: CCFC New Stadium
wombles222 21 July, 2020 12:55
Fair play to them if it goes ahead, can be mutually beneficial to both the university and the football club. I imagine that there are a fair few hurdles to jump through with regards to funding, planning permission, public consultation and active discussion with community groups, local infrastructure to mention but a few. 5 years seems optimistic, but certainly from concept to completion (whatever the time frame) this could be achievable.

Re: CCFC New Stadium
Kimbo 21 July, 2020 13:40
Quote:
wombles222
Fair play to them if it goes ahead, can be mutually beneficial to both the university and the football club. I imagine that there are a fair few hurdles to jump through with regards to funding, planning permission, public consultation and active discussion with community groups, local infrastructure to mention but a few. 5 years seems optimistic, but certainly from concept to completion (whatever the time frame) this could be achievable.
I'd think five years is eminently do-able.
Given that CCC won't have very much of a say in it (it'll be in WDC territory), that's going to save time and hassle (particularly with the likes of Cllr Maton being unable to throw spanners in willy-nilly).
It's also highly doubtful that the five years starts from today. This has been in the planning/discussion for some time.
Finally, stadium design and construction has come on a long way since the old-school built-on-site Ricoh was constructed. Modern stadia are increasingly built mostly off-site using PC or steel rakers and drop-in PC terrace sections, all of a standard set of sizes, transported in in 40 and 45ft containers in JiT fashion. This results in considerable savings in time and expense.
The UoW are right behind this, and are rarely troubled by considerations of cost if they see a benefit. Unless something extraordinary happens to change the two entities' directions, I think you could be surprised

Re: CCFC New Stadium
wombles222 21 July, 2020 13:52
Quote:
Kimbo
Quote:
wombles222
Fair play to them if it goes ahead, can be mutually beneficial to both the university and the football club. I imagine that there are a fair few hurdles to jump through with regards to funding, planning permission, public consultation and active discussion with community groups, local infrastructure to mention but a few. 5 years seems optimistic, but certainly from concept to completion (whatever the time frame) this could be achievable.
I'd think five years is eminently do-able.
Given that CCC won't have very much of a say in it (it'll be in WDC territory), that's going to save time and hassle (particularly with the likes of Cllr Maton being unable to throw spanners in willy-nilly).
It's also highly doubtful that the five years starts from today. This has been in the planning/discussion for some time.
Finally, stadium design and construction has come on a long way since the old-school built-on-site Ricoh was constructed. Modern stadia are increasingly built mostly off-site using PC or steel rakers and drop-in PC terrace sections, all of a standard set of sizes, transported in in 40 and 45ft containers in JiT fashion. This results in considerable savings in time and expense.
The UoW are right behind this, and are rarely troubled by considerations of cost if they see a benefit. Unless something extraordinary happens to change the two entities' directions, I think you could be surprised
It will be interesting to follow.

Re: CCFC New Stadium
Speedy-New 21 July, 2020 15:31
Are SISU really going to fund this?
I think 5 years is pushing it (unless local residents are already fully onboard)
The question must be - are they really going to stay at St Andrews for the next 5 seasons?
Financially I can see that crippling them - even in the Championship

Re: CCFC New Stadium
wombles222 21 July, 2020 18:39
Coventry City have very little assets to speak of, and as such their day to day running costs are far different at present. It will be interesting to see the devil in the detail with regards to funding if this is given the green light. Are SISU going to be shelling out £10s of millions? Where will the football club be in 5 years time? In the prem? Bobbing along in the Championship (all of which can provide a reasonable return) or in league 1/2/national league?
One would assume SISU will want a team near the top so to maximise income as this is no cheap undertaking, thus further investment in their first team, coaching set up and academy is key to ensure success. Are SISU geared to throw some financial clout at this?
Equally of course do local residents want thousands of football fans and the disruption that will cause every other week?
So many questions, no doubt having the University on board is a boon, but hurdles still remain. I hope it goes well for them though but I imagine many twists and turns lie ahead.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/07/2020 19:06 by wombles222.

Re: CCFC New Stadium
Snewbs 21 July, 2020 18:54
Iíll believe it when I see it.

And this definitely isnít posturing ready for another round of negotiations for tenancy at the Ricoh...

Re: CCFC New Stadium
covkid53 21 July, 2020 19:31
April fools Day comes late. £100 million ? £30 million ? 18-20,000 up to 30,000 ? City keep all the revenues ? Hahahaha... SISU own it and CCFC pay a huge rent ? Sounds about right. Building it at the same time as HS2 a few hundred metres away. Good luck with WCC, WDC and CCC to agree planning with each other, let alone Warwick university and SISU

Hahahaha hahahaha you couldn't make it up.

Re: CCFC New Stadium
covkid53 21 July, 2020 19:41
Quote:
Kimbo
Quote:
wombles222
Fair play to them if it goes ahead, can be mutually beneficial to both the university and the football club. I imagine that there are a fair few hurdles to jump through with regards to funding, planning permission, public consultation and active discussion with community groups, local infrastructure to mention but a few. 5 years seems optimistic, but certainly from concept to completion (whatever the time frame) this could be achievable.
I'd think five years is eminently do-able.
Given that CCC won't have very much of a say in it (it'll be in WDC territory), that's going to save time and hassle (particularly with the likes of Cllr Maton being unable to throw spanners in willy-nilly).
It's also highly doubtful that the five years starts from today. This has been in the planning/discussion for some time.
Finally, stadium design and construction has come on a long way since the old-school built-on-site Ricoh was constructed. Modern stadia are increasingly built mostly off-site using PC or steel rakers and drop-in PC terrace sections, all of a standard set of sizes, transported in in 40 and 45ft containers in JiT fashion. This results in considerable savings in time and expense.
The UoW are right behind this, and are rarely troubled by considerations of cost if they see a benefit. Unless something extraordinary happens to change the two entities' directions, I think you could be surprised

You are quite WRONG, CCC have a huge influence in matters on their boundary and sphere of influence and concern. Not least roads and infrastructure impingementd of local roads, drainage blah blah. It has to be agreed by 5 parties. WDC, WCC, CCC, WMCA and highways England.

Re: CCFC New Stadium
Matt82 21 July, 2020 19:48
Quote:
covkid53
Quote:
Kimbo
Quote:
wombles222
Fair play to them if it goes ahead, can be mutually beneficial to both the university and the football club. I imagine that there are a fair few hurdles to jump through with regards to funding, planning permission, public consultation and active discussion with community groups, local infrastructure to mention but a few. 5 years seems optimistic, but certainly from concept to completion (whatever the time frame) this could be achievable.

I'd think five years is eminently do-able.
Given that CCC won't have very much of a say in it (it'll be in WDC territory), that's going to save time and hassle (particularly with the likes of Cllr Maton being unable to throw spanners in willy-nilly).
It's also highly doubtful that the five years starts from today. This has been in the planning/discussion for some time.
Finally, stadium design and construction has come on a long way since the old-school built-on-site Ricoh was constructed. Modern stadia are increasingly built mostly off-site using PC or steel rakers and drop-in PC terrace sections, all of a standard set of sizes, transported in in 40 and 45ft containers in JiT fashion. This results in considerable savings in time and expense.
The UoW are right behind this, and are rarely troubled by considerations of cost if they see a benefit. Unless something extraordinary happens to change the two entities' directions, I think you could be surprised

You are quite WRONG, CCC have a huge influence in matters on their boundary and sphere of influence and concern. Not least roads and infrastructure impingementd of local roads, drainage blah blah. It has to be agreed by 5 parties. WDC, WCC, CCC, WMCA and highways England.

As a local resident to Warwick uni I wonít be fully on board having HS2 being built in sight line of my back garden and now a football stadium being built across the way! Thereís no room or road infrastructure to put a football stadium there!

Re: CCFC New Stadium
Heathen 22 July, 2020 16:03
Is there a 100 flying pigs in the sky?

Re: CCFC New Stadium
steve from cov 22 July, 2020 22:51
I canít wait to see CCFC and Millwall fans amicably travelling together on the new light railway system to and from the University.

Re: CCFC New Stadium
Andy1210 23 July, 2020 11:50
You've got to laugh. Just a very transparent attempt by SISU to convince everyone they have a plan and a bargaining position.

They are only in it for the stadium, the land around it, the casino and hotel and that's what they've been fighting to own. They are hardly going to throw the towel in and build a new stadium now.

Re: CCFC New Stadium
Ayerzawannabe 23 July, 2020 13:24
Quote:
Andy1210
You've got to laugh. Just a very transparent attempt by SISU to convince everyone they have a plan and a bargaining position.
They are only in it for the stadium, the land around it, the casino and hotel and that's what they've been fighting to own. They are hardly going to throw the towel in and build a new stadium now.

I mean isn't that the case with Wasps also?

Re: CCFC New Stadium
Andy1210 24 July, 2020 14:20
Quote:
Ayerzawannabe
Quote:
Andy1210
You've got to laugh. Just a very transparent attempt by SISU to convince everyone they have a plan and a bargaining position.
They are only in it for the stadium, the land around it, the casino and hotel and that's what they've been fighting to own. They are hardly going to throw the towel in and build a new stadium now.

I mean isn't that the case with Wasps also?

Wasps are in it for a stadium for a rugby club and the income streams that bring in the cash-flow to support the overall project. And bought the stadium under fair means at the asking price it was valued at, both from the Council and the Higgs charity - straight up and straightforward and the total opposite of SISU.

Re: CCFC New Stadium
covkid53 24 July, 2020 18:28
Quote:
Andy1210
Quote:
Ayerzawannabe
Quote:
Andy1210
You've got to laugh. Just a very transparent attempt by SISU to convince everyone they have a plan and a bargaining position.
They are only in it for the stadium, the land around it, the casino and hotel and that's what they've been fighting to own. They are hardly going to throw the towel in and build a new stadium now.

I mean isn't that the case with Wasps also?

Wasps are in it for a stadium for a rugby club and the income streams that bring in the cash-flow to support the overall project. And bought the stadium under fair
means at the asking price it was valued at, both from the Council and the Higgs charity - straight up and straightforward and the total opposite of SISU.

100% correct and proven in court time and again.

Re: CCFC New Stadium
neils 24 July, 2020 18:50
Now they have their new stadium they are staying in Birmingham next season.

Re: CCFC New Stadium
Shugs 24 July, 2020 21:50
Glad they're staying in Birmingham. Might rid us of this sideshow. We make no money from it and the appeasement campaign can stop now that a fan base is established. As far as the new stadium "announcement" I'm sure it will placate the EFL but there's more chance of Jimmy missing a penalty than it being built.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net