Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Nemo
Discussion started by Buzzinel , 10 October, 2020 19:44
Nemo
Buzzinel 10 October, 2020 19:44
Came across the below from an interview with nemo and thought it would be nice to share.

The former Springbok forward, who will be keeping a close eye on the semi-final, had a message for Wasps fans. “When I do a wave on the pitch for the Bulls I will be waving to the Wasps fans because I had a special time at the club and they are very dear to my heart.”

Re: Nemo
horusthewasp 10 October, 2020 20:08
I was genuinely disappointed when his departure was announced but I wasn’t aware it was because Wasps didn’t offer him (or weren’t able to offer him) an extension (at least according to this SA article).

“After spending three seasons in England following a seven-year career at Western Province and the Stormers, Carr needed to look at his options when Wasps, suffering under the financial impact of the Covid-19 shutdown, decided not to extend his contract.

[www.sarugbymag.co.za]

It speaks volumes about his character and passion for the club that even though he was asked to leave (as a consequence of Covid), that he still carries Wasps close to his heart. I’m sure if it were up to him (and Blackett pre Covid) he’d still be wearing the black & gold shirt. Once a Wasp, always a Wasp ...

True gentleman and an exception player.

kentwasp1 10 October, 2020 21:21
Lovely man and a true gent . Met him a few times pre match and always a smile

Matt82 11 October, 2020 09:28
Great bloke. As much as we have riches in our back row I’d have loved to have kept him. Proper club man. Unlike Hughes based on his comments this week. It was great to see yesterday the boys not give him an inch.

Marconi 11 October, 2020 09:30
I was disappointed at the time, but Tom Willis stepping up and think we are finally seeing Brad Shields performing. Still not wholly convinced by Vailanu but he has age on his side (plus was already in contract).

Vespulavulgaris 11 October, 2020 12:33
I was very sad to see him go, but as I understand it he was offered a contract, but on the advice of his agent he didn't accept it as he could get better. Then covid hit and Wasps weren't in a position to sign anyone who wasn't already under contract.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net