Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Injuries
Discussion started by Nuclearwasp , 12 October, 2020 21:13
Injuries
Nuclearwasp 12 October, 2020 21:13
Anyone know what the prognosis is for MF after he went off in the semi? YY had ice strapped to his calf too - I hope it doesn’t rule them both out of the final.

Would it be inhumane to lock Willis in a padded cell for two weeks so he can’t injure himself..!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2020 21:13 by Nuclearwasp.

Re: Injuries
neils 12 October, 2020 21:48
MF having a scan tonight.

Wilberforce 12 October, 2020 21:53
Looked like groin, which I believe can be slow to heal

Happy to be corrected

horusthewasp 12 October, 2020 21:55
I suspect we’ll get an update within a few days once the scans & consultations are done.

Absolute respect to him though - he continued to play for a full two & half minutes and score a try while injured (in the replay you can see the moment it happens as he tackles Malins). Tough bloke.

Speaking of locking them up, I imagine the movements of all Wasps staff & players will be severely restricted over the coming two weeks to absolutely minimise the risk of anyone contracting the virus.

Worcswasp 13 October, 2020 05:55
Regarding this. I have seen it mentioned on other posts the condition of De Jongh. I actually don’t recall him getting injured but the Lockdown break and season has been a long one.

Hangover 13 October, 2020 10:43
Personally don't think you could throw De Jongh straight back into this magnitude of game if MF is out. Or Spink for that matter, with Mills also out Booj would have to start surely.

Worcswasp 13 October, 2020 12:20
I agree Hangover but just do not recall any injury or extent

Moorio_Wasp 13 October, 2020 13:54
Blackett did a press conferences today, says fekitoa is ‘very doubtful’ but still awaiting scan results so can’t be sure. JTA and JDJ are returning to full training over the next couple days.

Matt82 13 October, 2020 13:54
JdJ played in the Sarries game. It depends which Booj turns up. The guy is clearly talented but where he’s struggled for me is his consistency. If JdJ is anywhere near fit I’d go with him. Spink for me is a bit more like for like in terms of Fekitoa. He’s not disappointed in his appearances yet and I’ve no worries about him starting.

horusthewasp 13 October, 2020 17:20
Quote:
Matt82
JdJ played in the Sarries game. It depends which Booj turns up. The guy is clearly talented but where he’s struggled for me is his consistency. If JdJ is anywhere near fit I’d go with him. Spink for me is a bit more like for like in terms of Fekitoa. He’s not disappointed in his appearances yet and I’ve no worries about him starting.

+1

Le Booj may have his moments but he is consistently inconsistent and rarely has those strokes of genius backs have. With all due respect to him, it would be quite the risk starting him in a final against an opponent that punishes mediocre play (let alone mistakes). I wince every time I see his name on a match day 23.

Agree about Spink - part of an exciting generation.

BTW, where are Watson & Odogwu? Injured or out of favour?

kentwasp1 13 October, 2020 18:54
Agree Horus, I've asked several times but still no clearer. Is Marcus Watson injured? Is he? One of our most talented young backs but no mention on Wasps site, no briefings.
Booj was a really brave, really decent bench player in the semi, but I'd prefer Marcus there for the final
For me Odugwu needs to put on some ballast and get more experience before he's ready for the likes of the Exeter behemoths. Lad for the future

Aylesbury Wasp 14 October, 2020 07:28
Kent, I don’t see Marcus starting at outside centre against the Exeter “behemoths”. It is a big ask to throw Spinks into the starting 15 in such a big game and Booj did well enough in the semi to claim the spot. Obviously we all really hope MF is available although it sounds increasingly unlikely.

bald.paul.101 14 October, 2020 09:00
Quote:
For me Odugwu needs to put on some ballast and get more experience

You have actually seen him right? I don't think "ballast" is what he needs!!

WONKYWASP1 14 October, 2020 09:21
+ 1. defo. Thought: Are you mixing Paolo up with Gaby?

Andy1210 14 October, 2020 12:18
Quote:
horusthewasp
Quote:
Matt82

+1

Le Booj may have his moments but he is consistently inconsistent and rarely has those strokes of genius backs have. With all due respect to him, it would be quite the risk starting him in a final against an opponent that punishes mediocre play (let alone mistakes). I wince every time I see his name on a match day 23.

Agree about Spink - part of an exciting generation.

BTW, where are Watson & Odogwu? Injured or out of favour?

+2

I'd go with JDJ due to his experience (if fit) and defensive capabilities. Playing Booj against Exeter would be handing the final to them on a plate (and feeding him to the lions). If you watch him against Bristol off the ball in our defensive line, you'll see a lot of half hearted attempts to get to the man in the channel that both dogleg the defence and allow the man he's marking to ghost past him, or if he does make contact he loses the collision. It's the total opposite of Fekitoa's guided missile and hit which protects the outside channel and sets us up for a turnover.

I'm sure Baxter won't miss that in his analysis and know where to send the power. Fekitoa will be a monumental loss for us.

backdoc 14 October, 2020 12:31
De Jong was a defensive missile in the SA team when he won 19 caps. A number of those games were on over the lockdown period and I watched them through.

He is a bit older now, but to select Booj over him would be the act of an extreme optimist IMO.

DuncanS 14 October, 2020 13:59
Has anyone thought to ask Fekit if he actually needs his groin?

kentwasp1 14 October, 2020 16:55
Quote:
Aylesbury Wasp
Kent, I don’t see Marcus starting at outside centre against the Exeter “behemoths”. It is a big ask to throw Spinks into the starting 15 in such a big game and Booj did well enough in the semi to claim the spot. Obviously we all really hope MF is available although it sounds increasingly unlikely.
Aylesbury I agree. I meant Marcus being on the bench as a utility back , as he has done before

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net