Latest news:

Logging in or posting queries? Look at the "How to..." button on the panel on the left.

BBC Rugby | Aviva Premiership TV | European Champions Cup | MatchDayLive Score Updates | Ultimate Rugby App

It's a DW, DW, DW world - where do DWs come from? <<<-->

*** BUY MATCH TICKETS | Join Wasps FC Amateurs ***

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Club statement - Covid19 positive tests (inc update 19/10)
Discussion started by DrHankPym(superhero) , 14 October, 2020 15:14
Club statement - Covid19 positive tests (inc update 19/10)
DrHankPym(superhero) 14 October, 2020 15:14
I'd love to post link to official website, but link isn't working (possibly due to all and sundry trying to read the statement)

Coventry Telegraph have just posted this on their site

[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

Quote:
Wasps statement

Wasps can confirm that seven members of the playing department, three staff members and four players, have returned positive tests for COVID-19.

The Club’s medical team were informed of the test results following the latest round of the PCR COVID-19 screening programme.

All seven, who are in good health overall, are now self-isolating and so are their close contacts. They will continue to follow Public Health England and Premiership Rugby guidelines and protocols. The Club have taken the decision to cancel training for the remainder of this week as an added precautionary measure.

Everyone at Wasps send their best wishes to the players and staff concerned.

The Club’s COVID-19 contact tracing, measures and protocols, which remain rigorous, will continue to be adhered to.

edit: can get into club website (same message) [www.wasps.co.uk]

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 19/10/2020 14:18 by DrHankPym(superhero).

Re: Club statement - PCR Covid19 Screening Programme
horusthewasp 14 October, 2020 15:30
[www.wasps.co.uk]

Quite the blow but wishing all those effected a full & speedy recovery. I can only hope protocols are being followed to the letter and that the number of those infected doesn’t increase in the come days.

DrHankPym(superhero) 14 October, 2020 15:40
Quote:
horusthewasp
https://www.wasps.co.uk/news/club-statement-pcr-covid-19-screening-programme/
Quite the blow but wishing all those effected a full & speedy recovery. I can only hope protocols are being followed to the letter and that the number of those infected doesn’t increase in the come days.

Hopefully we've detected it early and everyone else is clear of exposure. Obviously wish speedy recover to the 7 affected and they're back at the club when they're full over it.

Buzzboy 14 October, 2020 15:45
What a shame. Takes the gloss off the weekends win, but I hope all concerned can recover and enjoy full health in the coming weeks.

kentwasp1 14 October, 2020 16:40
But will this affect the final, and can these players play then?

wombles222 14 October, 2020 16:46
I think we will have to wait and see as we do not know the players involved and their interactions with the squad as a whole. Hopefully this will resolve before the final, however the loss of training will be problematic. This is pure personal opinion but i will put the chances of the final occurring at 50:50 until it definitely is confirmed.

DrHankPym(superhero) 14 October, 2020 16:50
Quote:
kentwasp1
But will this affect the final, and can these players play then?

I doubt the 4 players affected would be able to play in the final, unless the next round of testing shows it was false positives.

Hopefully there are no further cases and we can continue with our build up to the final. Otherwise, if there are more confirmed positives, we'd have to forfeit the match. After similar occurring with Saints and Sale, consistency says that would have to happen.

It would cap a bizarre season if the final couldn't take place due to the pandemic.

Nuclearwasp 14 October, 2020 17:22
Yikes!

Brumwasp 14 October, 2020 17:27
B*gger &#128532;

Aylesbury Wasp 14 October, 2020 17:58
Very concerning and disappointing news. Best wishes for speedy recoveries to those directly impacted. I know we are all understandably focused on the final but looking beyond that, playing through next season will be an almighty challenge.

Hangover 14 October, 2020 18:15
On the Exeter they are saying that all Bristol's test are negative, so how and who in our squad have it ?

Hangover 14 October, 2020 18:18
My point is these guys should be HYPER careful - I wish them all the best but will be gutted if the final is off because someone might not be following the rules.

Marconi 14 October, 2020 18:24
Interesting that on the Cov Tel coverage, there seems to be an inference that it is younger players, so could well be from the Academy?

Best wishes to all affected.

ukms 14 October, 2020 19:29
Quote:
Hangover
My point is these guys should be HYPER careful - I wish them all the best but will be gutted if the final is off because someone might not be following the rules.

Positive test doesn't mean someone hasn't followed the rules ! ....... I can personally attest to that smiling smiley

Iceni 15 October, 2020 05:24
The Telegraph is reporting, this morning, that the affected players “are believed to be academy”.

Speedy-New 15 October, 2020 06:59
Times has said today none of the players were involved in the semi-final

So hopefully like the Telegraph suggests they are Academy players

Good to see the way the club dealt with the situation. Quickly cancelling training for the week - can't believe much was planned anyway - and putting out a statement giving as much information as they possibly could.

Best wishes to anyone at the club who has been hit by the outbreak

horusthewasp 15 October, 2020 09:50
Quote:
Speedy-New
Times has said today none of the players were involved in the semi-final

So hopefully like the Telegraph suggests they are Academy players

Good to see the way the club dealt with the situation. Quickly cancelling training for the week - can't believe much was planned anyway - and putting out a statement giving as much information as they possibly could.

Best wishes to anyone at the club who has been hit by the outbreak

Seems to be confirmed on CovLive this morning:

CoventryLive understands, and it has been reported elsewhere, that the positive tests do not include senior squad players and track-and-trace analysis is being carried out to ascertain whether those players affected came into close contact with other members of the squad.

[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

Dave Berko 15 October, 2020 10:03
Sarries fan - in peace.

I hope and I'm sure I echo the thoughts of all Sarries fans, that those affected recover well and quickly. Very best wishes for the final. It's such a shame that you guys won't be able to go.

Take care everyone.

ukms 15 October, 2020 10:36
Quote:
Dave Berko
Sarries fan - in peace.
I hope and I'm sure I echo the thoughts of all Sarries fans, that those affected recover well and quickly. Very best wishes for the final. It's such a shame that you guys won't be able to go.

Take care everyone.

Thanks Dave !!

Chris1850 15 October, 2020 12:29
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
Hangover

Positive test doesn't mean someone hasn't followed the rules ! ....... I can personally attest to that smiling smiley

Didn't stop all sorts of accusations being levied about the Sale outbreak though?

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net