Latest news:

2019/20 Squad
Discussion started by Margin_Walker , 27 April, 2019 20:40
2019/20 Squad
Margin_Walker 27 April, 2019 20:40
Okay so let's have a look at the bones of the squad for next season following the confirmation of leavers today. We are actually retaining a few more than I thought we would, assuming there aren't a few more departures still to come. As ever positions come with a health warning with plenty of players likely to crop up wearing different shirts.

Loosehead
Dell
Hobbs-Awoyemi
Elrington
Goodrick-Clarke

Hooker
Fainga'a
Porecki
Matuíu
McMillan (RWC cover)
Atkins (Year 2)

Tighthead
Hoskins
Chawatama
Cilliers
Kepu
Green (Year 1)

Lock
Coleman
van der Merwe
Maddison
Mafi
Botha - Half Season
Collingridge (Year 3)
Munga (Year 1)

Back Row
O'Brien
Cowan
Gilsenen
Northcote-Green
Rogerson
Ioane
Tuisue
Curtis-Harris
Cooke
Nott
Moore-Aiono (Year 2)
Donnell (Year 2)
Rossiter (Year 1)
Smart (Year 1)
Belcher (Year 1)

Scrum Half
Phipps
Meehan
Steele
Brand
Englefield (Year 2)

Fly Half
Jackson
Myler
Brophy Clews
Atkins

Centre
Fowlie
Stephenson
Campbell
Macken
Hepetema
Williams
Cokanasiga (Year 1)

Wing
Naholo
Rona
Loader
Hassell-Collins (Year 3)

Full Back
Veitokani
Parton
Partington (Year 3)

I've assumed that the new deals Loader and Hassell-Collins signed were senior contracts, similar to those signed by the year 3 lads (Parton, ICH, Brand, William and Atkins). Only academy players I've included for the moment are the new intake until the senior academy roster is confirmed. Assume Hay and Cooke will leave given there wasn't any news on them when the others signed senior deals.

Edited 15 time(s). Last edit at 29/09/2019 07:26 by Margin_Walker.

Re: 2019/20 Squad
Shawshank 27 April, 2019 21:36
Definitely light therefore at lock, 10 and wing/15.

GHA 27 April, 2019 21:43
Coleman, Jacksom, Naholo would help winking smiley

MattM 28 April, 2019 08:14
Quote:
Margin_Walker
I've assumed that the new deals Loader and Hassell-Collins signed were senior contracts, similar to those signed by the year 3 lads (Parton, ICH, Brand, William and Atkins).

I can't speak for Loader but Ollie explained to me it is his 3rd year academy plus a guaranteed senior deal for one year. Makes sense as if an academy lad is poached we get compensation and they can't leave on a release clause (we learnt that lesson from Joe)...

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2018/19 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

Margin_Walker 28 April, 2019 08:25
Quote:
MattM
Quote:
Margin_Walker
I've assumed that the new deals Loader and Hassell-Collins signed were senior contracts, similar to those signed by the year 3 lads (Parton, ICH, Brand, William and Atkins).

I can't speak for Loader but Ollie explained to me it is his 3rd year academy plus a guaranteed senior deal for one year. Makes sense as if an academy lad is poached we get compensation and they can't leave on a release clause (we learnt that lesson from Joe)...

Ah that's interesting thanks. Will stick both as year three for the moment then and change Loader if he then shows up listed in the senior squad over the summer.

Had found the announcement pretty ambiguous.

MattM 28 April, 2019 08:28
Yeah, it was a little vague on the details.

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2018/19 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

SirBurger 28 April, 2019 08:34
I expect there are a few on that list who have been told they can leave if sensible offers come in for them.

Exile_Dave 28 April, 2019 09:12
TRP today says Will Goodrick-Clark is a done deal from Richmond.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Margin_Walker 03 May, 2019 10:54
Added the academy resignings from this week

Margin_Walker 09 May, 2019 12:00
New signings so far added. Squad is starting to look pretty tasty

bigbitty 09 May, 2019 12:03
Quote:
GHA
Coleman, Jacksom, Naholo would help winking smiley

Somebody was listening to you GHA!

Margin_Walker 09 May, 2019 14:12
Also now confirmation from the club that Loader is on a senior contract now. Was just OHC on the half and half deal

Exile44 09 May, 2019 14:18
Quote:
Margin_Walker
Also now confirmation from the club that Loader is on a senior contract now. Was just OHC on the half and half deal

Just throw a bit of pessimism into the mix - hopefully (but not likely) Loader's deal doesn't have a relegation release clause.

I can see him turning some heads next season and wouldn't want to lose yet another top talent if worst comes to worst.

Margin_Walker 09 May, 2019 14:23
Quote:
Exile44
Quote:
Margin_Walker

Just throw a bit of pessimism into the mix - hopefully (but not likely) Loader's deal doesn't have a relegation release clause.

I can see him turning some heads next season and wouldn't want to lose yet another top talent if worst comes to worst.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if it did.

Seems pretty clear that we are going all out to ensure we don't make it three in a row. Relegation (and all that entails) again would be a complete disaster.

RodB 09 May, 2019 15:14
Wasn't Saolo one of the leavers announced aftr the final game?

Margin_Walker 09 May, 2019 15:26
Quote:
RodB
Wasn't Saolo one of the leavers announced aftr the final game?

Bit of confusion about it on this thread, but it seems that he wasn't

[www.rugbynetwork.net]

jimbo800 09 May, 2019 15:37
How on earth did he get a three year deal. Stealing a living

SirBurger 10 May, 2019 15:08
Saulo and Schatz also off.

Shawshank 10 May, 2019 15:23
Schatz definitely improved this season, although more a 6 than a 8.

However, someone like Wallace or Jack Lam would be a considerable step up in quality.

Saulo was one of the most bewildering guys we have ever signed - virtually un-played throughout 2 seasons. An incredible waste of resources.

Exile_Dave 10 May, 2019 16:07
List of leavers

[www.london-irish.com]

Saolo is off aswell.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2019 16:13 by Exile_Dave.

Margin_Walker 15 May, 2019 19:06
Added Goodrick-Clarke at Loosehead as that's where he's been playing lately for Richmond, although aware he's played both sides.

Margin_Walker 03 July, 2019 19:06
de Chaves removed. Definitely short on lock depth now, but given he was a late withdrawal, assume something is lined up.

I guess a big unknown outside of the GP games is whether Collingridge is any good. Hardly played any rugby in his two academy seasons, but is obviously rated by the coaches as they kept him on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net