Latest news:

Poll: Biggest impact next year?
Discussion started by Exile44 , 21 May, 2019 14:45
Poll: Biggest impact next year?
Exile44 21 May, 2019 14:45

Which new signing will have the biggest impact next year?

Allan Dell
Sean O'Brien
Nick Phipps
Curtis Rona
Sekope Kepu
Waisake Naholo
Paddy Jackson
Adam Coleman
Will Goodrick-Clarke
Ruan Botha

You must be logged in to vote.

76 Votes

Show results

Just a bit of fun to look back on in 12-months time - and based on a very large amount of speculation...

Re: Poll: Biggest impact next year?
HMRH 21 May, 2019 17:24
If its Botha on a half season loan were in trouble

Exile44 22 May, 2019 13:02
General consenus seems to be Paddy Jackson, which I don't necessarily disagree with given the importance of a top quality 10 in the Premiership.

However, it's hard for them to do much without the ball and a strong set piece, and I also feel we will be doing quite a bit of defending next year so I can see the pack signings being a major influence.

In my opinion, went Sean O'Brien for his experience, quality and leaderships skills people such as BoD have talked about in the past.

waltham 22 May, 2019 17:18
The Coaching Team had better have a blooming big impact next season!

HMRH 22 May, 2019 19:09
SOB worries me - the Irish lads I know think we wont get value for money and injuries have taken their toll

Bazzo 22 May, 2019 20:06
Quote:
waltham
The Coaching Team had better have a blooming big impact next season!

Same, agree completely. Kennedy and amigos got the whole blame for relegation even though we were not down when K&K arrived, the last three or four games that season were shocking defeats. The Championship campaign had a few more defeats than expected and it was a poor performance particularly in the Cup final in Ealing.

The money that has been spent, going to the cap etc.....time for the world class coaches to shine

Florida 22 May, 2019 21:04
Quote:
HMRH
SOB worries me - the Irish lads I know think we wont get value for money and injuries have taken their toll

SOB I'm super excited about. I don't expect him to play much, but what he brings to the table outside of gamedays will be invaluable. He is going to be a huge resource in providing leadership, a winning mentality and bringing on our younger and less experienced players (how good will Albert be for having spent time around SOcool smiley

LI Bohemian 22 May, 2019 22:01
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
HMRH

SOB I'm super excited about. I don't expect him to play much, but what he brings to the table outside of gamedays will be invaluable. He is going to be a huge resource in providing leadership, a winning mentality and bringing on our younger and less experienced players (how good will Albert be for having spent time around SOcool smiley

I agree, look how much better Atkins is as a 10 when he has mentors like Myler and Keatly there, it's the know how, professionalism and the leadership he brings, and maybe just maybe our young talent might think twice about going to Barf, with its coaching merry go round.

Foggy-Balla 23 May, 2019 15:14
Jackson, because with so many staying away in disgust the bar queues will be much smaller (Sm14)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

old hillbilly 24 May, 2019 16:45
Quote:
Foggy-Balla
Jackson, because with so many staying away in disgust the bar queues will be much smaller (Sm14)
If the only people turning up are those who have themselves in the past said something derogatory about the opposite sex then attendances could be down by as many as 3 or even 4.

bigbitty 24 May, 2019 17:39
Quote:
old hillbilly
Quote:
Foggy-Balla
If the only people turning up are those who have themselves in the past said something derogatory about the opposite sex then attendances could be down by as many as 3 or even 4.

In my case not just in the past, I'm afraid......I was quite a happy bunny when I read today's news.

BREN D 24 May, 2019 19:50
SOB OUT OF PRO14 Final tomorrow with a hip injury. Will be interesting to see if he is chosen by Joe Schmidt for WC squad. If not, will he join us earlier than expected?

Tom1215 25 May, 2019 11:14
Watching NSW at the moment and all 3 look like they are gunna add so much to our team.
Rona what an impact from the bench. The speed and strength of him.
Kepu making metres every time he crashed the ball up and a fantastic pair of hands on him as well.
Phipps has been so quick on the ball and moving it to the backs so quickly.
Really looking forward to seeing these guys next season.

Bazzo 25 May, 2019 19:23
Quote:
BREN D
SOB OUT OF PRO14 Final tomorrow with a hip injury. Will be interesting to see if he is chosen by Joe Schmidt for WC squad. If not, will he join us earlier than expected?

Depends how bad his hip injury is I suspect?

Lincs-Exile 25 May, 2019 19:29
Waisake Naholo apparently had a good game for the Highlanders and looks like he has a good chance of going to World cup if he plays okay in next 2 rounds of Super Rugby.

Florida 26 May, 2019 11:08
Little info on SOB's impact on his team

[www.irishmirror.ie]

norg2072 26 May, 2019 20:53
Coleman had a solid game this weekend as well, fantastic in the lineouts

Margin_Walker 31 May, 2019 15:35
I went for Rona in this, as I was looking at players likely to be with us for the end of pre season and think he may be a bit of a dark horse.

Big, quick, versatile and a good finisher. Looks like he was heavily involved again in the Tahs v Rebels game today. Key break down the wing for the first try and a very clever finish for the 2nd.

[www.youtube.com]

SirBurger 31 May, 2019 16:15
Quote:
Margin_Walker
I went for Rona in this, as I was looking at players likely to be with us for the end of pre season and think he may be a bit of a dark horse.
Big, quick, versatile and a good finisher. Looks like he was heavily involved again in the Tahs v Rebels game today. Key break down the wing for the first try and a very clever finish for the 2nd.

[www.youtube.com]

Good points, although on current form and with his versatility, I wonder if he could sneak into the Wallabies squad.

Margin_Walker 31 May, 2019 16:36
That's always the danger!

Although clearly good luck to him...

Tom1215 31 May, 2019 18:07
Curtis Rona is definitely one to watching.
Only watched 2 tahs games ever and hes been outstanding in both games.
Naholo
Rona
Loader
Veitokani
Parton
Hassell Collins
We have some real talent in the back 3 for next season.

Lincs-Exile 31 May, 2019 19:12
Tom your spot on there,watched highlights of the Rebels v Tahs game he looks more than useful and looked good in defence also.

Tom1215 31 May, 2019 19:18
Weve really suffered over the years with wingers who cant tackle so hopefully see a big improvement in that next year.
Wont name names of those wingers who left but we all know who they are.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net