Latest news:

Ben Loader - England
Discussion started by HMRH , 27 May, 2019 13:03
Ben Loader - England
HMRH 27 May, 2019 13:03
In the England squad for the Barbarians game - great stuff

Re: Ben Loader - England
Margin_Walker 27 May, 2019 13:05
Had a suspicion he may be involved given the Saxons like makeup of these squads and his eye catching highlight reel this season. Eddie also took a look in a training squad this time last year.

Hope he gets a chance.

ExiledChameleon 27 May, 2019 13:34
Williams in a well from Newcastle.

PV 27 May, 2019 15:19
No Lewington, worth the move?

GHA 27 May, 2019 16:06
Forget about him, PV. It's more fun that way

Florida 27 May, 2019 16:56
Quote:
PV

What's a Lewington?

nimblehippo 27 May, 2019 17:55
Williams being in the squad has to increase our chances of getting him back or at least leaving Falcons.

MattM 27 May, 2019 18:04
Quote:
PV

Saracens are playing the day before so he wouldn't be available.

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2018/19 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

GHA 27 May, 2019 18:16
From what I've read Eddie has an extended RWC squad of however many players. None of those are playing against the Baa Baas, unlike our own Ben Loader, or other team's players including Newcastle's. That could change, obviously

Tom1215 27 May, 2019 18:24
Congrats to Ben fully deserves it.
Also why are we so obsessed with getting Williams back??? Heís been part of 3 relegated teams, clearly didnít wanna help get us back to the prem.
We need to stop looking backwards and focus on the new. Hepetema, Stephenson, Rona and Matt Williams are far better in my own opinion.

Exile_Dave 27 May, 2019 18:40
Quote:
nimblehippo
Williams being in the squad has to increase our chances of getting him back or at least leaving Falcons.

Williams is staying with the falcons.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Lincs-Exile 27 May, 2019 18:43
Well said Tom, he's jumped ship once already because he didn't believe we could go back up, bet he's rethinking maybe i was a bit hasty !!

jimbo800 27 May, 2019 19:21
Quote:
Lincs-Exile
Well said Tom, he's jumped ship once already because he didn't believe we could go back up, bet he's rethinking maybe i was a bit hasty !!

With the backline weíll have next year I imagine he is

Exile44 28 May, 2019 17:03
Great news for Ben.

Worth pointing out though that Jim Mallinder is in charge this week, and made the selections - so not necessarily a sign that any of these players are a serious part of Eddie Jones' plans.

Shane Geraghty got a run out in this fixture not that many years ago remember.

Margin_Walker 28 May, 2019 19:24
It's clearly an odds and sods team (even more so than usual in this fixture) and there will be plenty of fringe players held back. Pretty sure the intention is not to play anyone in this game that's in contention for the wider RWC training squad.

That said, it's a chance to impress in front of a big audience. Hope he goes well.

MattM 31 May, 2019 11:27
and he gets the 23 shirt. Here's hoping for a decent amount of time off the bench.

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2018/19 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

Gazzle 03 June, 2019 10:30
Did he get on? Can't see his name in anyvif the reports.

PV 03 June, 2019 11:05
He did and had Naiyaravoro to mark - baptism of fire.

He tackled him on first 1 and 1 and was then run over in next one, he didn't get the ball in hand and in space - hardly had any time in fairness to him.

bigbitty 03 June, 2019 11:20
He came on at 66 minutes, so as said by PV, not a lot of time to shine.

Shropshire Hugh 03 June, 2019 15:18
Were caps awarded for this? Might be a way to tie in those with Celtic grannies?

Living in the Ionian Isles so just lurking when wifi allows!

SirBurger 03 June, 2019 16:02
Don't think they were.

PV 03 June, 2019 16:29
Non-capped international

tatthecraic2 03 June, 2019 16:31
I think coming on on 66 minutes was never going to be able to do much to shine,

in that short time, he made a good tackle and missed a tackle,

being really critical - there was a cross field kick that he was nowhere near. be that kickers optimize or Loaders game awareness is something I'm not clever enough to judge! my feeling is a bit of both as once Loader realized it happened his acceleration to get there was phenomenal but 2 or 3 seconds too late.

ExiledChameleon 03 June, 2019 21:16
To be fair there also was a cross field kick that he did get, and did really well to offload from.

Steelman 04 June, 2019 07:46
Ben,s a brilliant talent,he,s got all the tools all he needs now is loads of game time and some decent service.Lets hope he hits it off with the new fly half !

Florida 04 June, 2019 09:32
Quote:
tatthecraic2
being really critical - there was a cross field kick that he was nowhere near. be that kickers optimize or Loaders game awareness is something I'm not clever enough to judge! my feeling is a bit of both as once Loader realized it happened his acceleration to get there was phenomenal but 2 or 3 seconds too late.

Don't think he was in a position to ever get to that, so think that's less Loader's fault and more a lack of understanding / game time together between Smith and Loader.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net