Latest news:

Behind the posts at Brentford thoughts?
Discussion started by LondonerDub , 05 June, 2019 13:49
Behind the posts at Brentford thoughts?
LondonerDub 05 June, 2019 13:49
It looks like the club isn't opening that stands behind the posts for season tickets so I'd imagine the plan is to keep it closed.

Having seen how Quins have created their crowds from 4/5K to a steady 13/14k we could be making a grave mistake. We should open those stands up to community tickets and a value season tickets at £199 to persuade the floating fan to sign up. Given we get more matchday revenue they will also no doubt eat/drink/be merry so we would make more net cash.

I also think having fans at either side of ground is an awful experience as it's harder to catch up and grab a pint with folks who maybe there but happen to buy over the other side! Matchdays is as much about connecting and experience as is about the game itself.

https://www.london-irish.com/storage/images/833x352xStadium,P20maps.png.pagespeed.ic.2kKeIT9Z-u.webp

Re: Behind the posts at Brentford thoughts?
Ajax Treesdown 05 June, 2019 15:10
The fact that we could be playing in the Championship the first season we move to Brentford, this is a sensible approach.

Alphacat 05 June, 2019 16:05
It is possible that the club could always open up these stands for season tickets later on, should we be in the premiership still come 2020/21.

Clontarf 05 June, 2019 16:12
I may be wrong but I don't think Quins have increased their crowd from 4/5k to 13/14k by giving away free tickets behind the goals.

I imagine Quins success in building their support and attendance is based on:

1. Being the only premiership club in west London
2. Being an English club with a number of English Internationals and other high profile players in the team from time to time
3. Some success
4. Having their own ground and being able to ride out the bad days - relegation and bloodgate.

LondonerDub 05 June, 2019 16:48
Firstly - the squad we have now more importantly the coaching staff we have now should keep us up. If we had Kidney earlier in 17/18 we may have stayed up if you look at how positive things shifted on his arrival.

On Quins, agreed they have had a lot going for them but my observation of the North and South Stand at The Stoop is:

- Around 400-500 tickets are clubs and community - mainly in the South

- The season tickets in both wings of the stands are Jester which are £215 - where £199 originally

- Away fans are housed in the central parts of those stands

The point is they make it work with a mix of tactics - a bigger crowd and good atmosphere will in my opinion convert casual fans. Even in the two seasons before last when they had been in the lower ends of the table they had been selling out.

If you build it (the atmosphere)they will come.......

GHA 05 June, 2019 16:59
Season tickets in East and West. If demand is enough, open north and south. When we move, give priority to season ticket holders and ask where they would like to sit. Including offering up areas behind the posts.

Quite simple really

Alphacat 05 June, 2019 20:01
Actually North/South are the side stands now. East/West are the new end ones.

Might be a bit confusing for a while.

GHA 05 June, 2019 20:03
We haven't moved yet, alphacat

Foggy-Balla 05 June, 2019 21:11
I thought Quims were failing to fill The Stoop on a regular basis?!?

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Bazzo 06 June, 2019 00:49
Quote:
LondonerDub
Firstly - the squad we have now more importantly the coaching staff we have now should keep us up. If we had Kidney earlier in 17/18 we may have stayed up if you look at how positive things shifted on his arrival.
On Quins, agreed they have had a lot going for them but my observation of the North and South Stand at The Stoop is:

- Around 400-500 tickets are clubs and community - mainly in the South

- The season tickets in both wings of the stands are Jester which are £215 - where £199 originally

- Away fans are housed in the central parts of those stands

The point is they make it work with a mix of tactics - a bigger crowd and good atmosphere will in my opinion convert casual fans. Even in the two seasons before last when they had been in the lower ends of the table they had been selling out.

If you build it (the atmosphere)they will come.......

Strange how you see things differently. I am also looking forward to seeing how we play this coming season in the Premiership under these coaches. As I recall we were not relegated when K&K arrived here although no blame whatsoever has been apportioned to them for our demise. Not sure how many games that they had control of at the end of that season (5 or 6?) but the last three we were absolutely battered, especially away at Bath (which always hurts). They have had a full season in the Championship to get ready for our return to the big league, Develop a style of play etc, they have spent more on new players I would say than any previous management in our history, it is down to them now to show us the way.

I really hope that you are right about them, because they have had an easy ride up to now. I hope they build the atmosphere that you crave, exciting, winning rugby.

Clontarf 06 June, 2019 08:35
To return to LondonerDub's original point I hope the club are sensible and offer really good discounts and deals to all the Mums and Dads and all the kids who play at Hazelwood.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net