Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cash Converters cease sponsorship
big mervyn 13 June, 2019 21:49
Quote:
HMRH
Guinness boycott
There are better stouts out there.

Total admiration for Irish over their stance today. If only Ulster and the IRFU had the same backbone. Will be watching your season with interest and wish you every success.

Margin_Walker 13 June, 2019 21:51
Quote:
aah Bisto
The BBC have reported that us (being the LI management team) did not attend the requested meeting with Diageo. That changes my opinion on this a lot...

Link?

SirBurger 13 June, 2019 22:00
Quote:
aah Bisto
The BBC have reported that us (being the LI management team) did not attend the requested meeting with Diageo. That changes my opinion on this a lot...

I think youíve misinterpreted that. Read the quote elsewhere. We asked to meet Diageo in May and they said no.

paddym 13 June, 2019 22:04
Quote:
aah Bisto

Think youíll find it was the other way round!

paddym 13 June, 2019 22:21
Quote:
Conorbay
Quote:
GHA
Quote:
Griff - this is perhaps the
saddest day in the history of a Club Iíve been associated with for over 30 years.

Losing a sponsor, apparently sadder than two relegations, a Heineken semi defeat, a Premiership final defeat, and leaving London for Reading or Reading for London.

Yes of course, much more than that. Guinness and London Irish have had the most wonderful marriage for over 50 years. The great but sadly now demolished club house at Sunbury where the big Guinness sign over the bar said something like ď there are no strangers here just friends you havenít met yetĒ . The pints in the bath, the signs by the pitches, the sponsorships of the minis and juniors, the Cheltenham festival Guinness bus from the Club, the Cow Shed on a cold December late afternoon. Guinness was London Irish and London Irish was Guinness. Iím so sorry you didnít have the opportunity to experience it. Iím so sad tonight.

As in the sign that is currently over the door as you walk into Hazelwood?! And that was when Guinness was owned by Guinness not some major multi national who preach about drink responsibly and then panic when their sales drop?

Clontarf 13 June, 2019 22:39
Itís 23:35, a very bad time to write a text which I may regret over breakfast tomorrow morning.
Paddy J is entitled to ply his trade as a professional rugby player.
London Irish are entitled to sign him.
Guinness are entitled to withdraw their sponsorship.
As a Dubliner who worked at St Jamesís Gate (as a labourer on a building site) I feel zero sadness at Guinness withdrawing their sponsorship.
I for one wonít be buying their product or any of their other products in future. There are many.
Come on You Irish.

aah Bisto 13 June, 2019 22:43

aah Bisto 13 June, 2019 22:44
Accepted, still a lot happier after reading it than all the doom and gloom earlier

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2019 22:46 by aah Bisto.

Foggy-Balla 14 June, 2019 08:31
Quote:
GHA
I miss the days of 4 points for a try, but here we are

Far cry from small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Two at the back, fourteen on the team, one's gone home for his tea. Beans on toast? Possibly, don't quote me on that. Marvellous.

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Clontarf 14 June, 2019 08:36
Some of us miss 3 points a try

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net