Latest news:

Capt Jack's match
Discussion started by cheffy , 16 June, 2019 09:12
Capt Jack's match
cheffy 16 June, 2019 09:12
Some of you may remember a few years ago that there was a Charity match to remember Jack Wakefield 'Pirate Capt Jack' who sadly passed away far too young.
Jack would have been 16 this year and myself and a few others are planning to replay the game. It will be between Capt Jack's Pirate XV and an invitational Bristol Buccaneers XV, very much Vets rules!!
It will be played on the IOW on the 5th October. If you were there and would like to turn out again or just want to come over please message me!!
Looking forward to hearing from you!!
Dave

Re: Capt Jack's match
gaggin4aguinness or 2 16 June, 2019 11:39
I may be tempted to come out of retirement for this one, as long as there is none of this running around nonsense.

G4AGor2

Conorbay 16 June, 2019 19:54
What a wonderful event and I remember the little man with great affection.

Clontarf 16 June, 2019 20:35
I assume spectators are also welcome

cheffy 19 June, 2019 22:20
Positively encouraged!! Especially as I'll be one too, just from a back row perspective!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net