Re: Signing at 1600 BST according to Twitter
Florida 28 August, 2019 15:59
I can confirm this is the case and he's enjoyed his first week with us

Ecksile 28 August, 2019 16:10
George Nott

Florida 28 August, 2019 16:25
Director of Rugby Steve Diamond, believes this is a great opportunity for George, commenting on the news he said: ďGeorge has been a fantastic asset to the club since joining the academy. We were approached by London Irish who were interested in George to strengthen their forward options ahead of the 2019/20 Gallagher Premiership Season and seems like a good fit for them. George has huge potential at the highest level, however with the International pedigree we have coming into our pack, I feel he may not get the game time he needs in order to develop further and I would not want to hinder the progress of any player at within the squad.Ē

The Club would like to wish George all the best at London Irish and look forward to crossing paths again in the near future!

Fair play Steve, fair play.

Exile_Dave 28 August, 2019 16:31
Sounds like a good player

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

norg2072 28 August, 2019 16:47
Does his signing mean Ruan Botha is no longer joining us or that his injury is taking longer than expected to recover from.

shimmieandshake 28 August, 2019 17:29
I doubt it. We were seriously light at lock even with Botha covering.

Lazyboy346 28 August, 2019 18:11
A decent squad signing, presumably Kidney and Kiss have seen something in him. Overall we seem to have traded up in quality and numbers from last season. Surprised Sale have let him go given a number of their locks and back rowers are at the RWC.

Marbo 29 August, 2019 09:46
I hope he does well for us but not a player I know a lot about. However I can't work out why we let Seb DeChaves go if we would then complain about being light at lock.

SirBurger 29 August, 2019 10:18
Wouldn't be surprised if Nott is seen as more of a 6. Certainly where he believes his best position is having read interviews with him.

Lazyboy346 29 August, 2019 11:09
If he's going to be primarily a six, we are very well stocked in the back row. Tuisue, MNG and Cooke all play there as can Donnell and Smart in the academy, plus cover from Gilsenan, Ioane, etc.

If we are getting a few last minute signings, I'd be keen on a hooker as all three seniors and Atkins had injury issues last year while Matu'u is likely to be at the world cup. Sarries released Tadgh McIlroy who could be a decent option for squad depth.

SirBurger 29 August, 2019 11:29
MNG, Gilsenan and Ioane all look better at 7, which only leaves us with Tuisue as a senior 6 assuming that Mafi plays more at lock. I think another 6 is therefore sensible (especially as he can also cover lock) especially as we aren't sure when Tuisue will rejoin the squad.

Exile_Dave 29 August, 2019 14:27
Quote:
SirBurger
MNG, Gilsenan and Ioane all look better at 7, which only leaves us with Tuisue as a senior 6 assuming that Mafi plays more at lock. I think another 6 is therefore sensible (especially as he can also cover lock) especially as we aren't sure when Tuisue will rejoin the squad.

Have you all forgotten Blair Cowan?

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

waltham 29 August, 2019 20:48
..and Max

Gazzle 29 August, 2019 21:12
Quote:
HMRH
Nott as touted here or someone else?

Finally a "not not Nott"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net