Latest news:

Relegation back on from Prem
Discussion started by HMRH , 29 August, 2019 19:45
Relegation back on from Prem
HMRH 29 August, 2019 19:45
Prem Clubs offer of increased funding rejected by Championship so no time to get further changes through. Why prem Only offered an increased £500k is beyond me

Need to be on our game

Re: Relegation back on from Prem
waltham 29 August, 2019 20:47
Damn! - I thought it was entirely upto the Premiership Share holders to decide... You are tight though, £500k as a slice of the new funding is pretty dismal....Sufficient for 2 half-decent (but still quite junior) players per club maybe?

Alphacat 29 August, 2019 21:04
Source?

Nvm saw post on the other forum

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/08/2019 21:05 by Alphacat.

Paul_D 29 August, 2019 21:22
I am really looking forward to PV’s post on this thread, seeing as he’s been “guaranteeing” since our promotion that there will be no relegation from the Prem next season.

HMRH 29 August, 2019 22:02
Premiership clubs fail in bid to end relegation for new season

[www.thetimes.co.uk]

PV 30 August, 2019 12:15
Quote:
Paul_D
I am really looking forward to PV’s post on this thread, seeing as he’s been “guaranteeing” since our promotion that there will be no relegation from the Prem next season.

just for you Paul - no relegation - watch this space.....

Florida 30 August, 2019 12:21
Quote:
PV
Quote:
Paul_D

just for you Paul - no relegation - watch this space.....

Of course there's no relegation next year, we'll be top 6 winking smiley

Shawshank 30 August, 2019 13:59
PV

I can't quite work out whether you have a 'Deep Throat' connection to RFU/Premier Rugby, or whether you are just an eternally optimistic sorta person...!

(Sm100)

AlecW 30 August, 2019 15:06
Nooooooooooooooooooo...!

The image of PV having a deep throat connection to the RFU or Premier Rugby cannot be unseen...!!!

(Sm15)

norg2072 30 August, 2019 21:13
I'd put money on us being top 6 - our squad will turn heads next year, it won't be us crapping ourselves in april/may.....and I reckon Ealing will be top of the championship not falcons!!

Florida 30 August, 2019 22:14
Quote:
norg2072
I'd put money on us being top 6 - our squad will turn heads next year, it won't be us crapping ourselves in april/may.....and I reckon Ealing will be top of the championship not falcons!!

No way we'll be top 6, not unless we've magicked up an attack coach.

LI Bohemian 31 August, 2019 08:41
I think it will be a three way fight to avoid relegation from premiership with us, Worce and wasps, obviously if there is relegation.

Old Flanker 31 August, 2019 10:42
Great news, if relegation does remain. I'm looking forward to a very exciting season. We will find out how good Kidney and Kiss really are. They have had way more money to spend on the squad and time to prepare than poor old Kendo did in the same situation a couple of seasons back. The pressure is on them to deliver. We must win our home games and pick up bonus points on the road. On paper we shouldn’t be in the relegation mix. Having said that and been over optimistic in the past, I would settle for anywhere in the top 11.

Alphacat 31 August, 2019 11:03
I don't particularly subscribe to the playoff structure some people have suggested but I would still personally prefer a 14 team league with relegation as it is.

Feel like there's 13 with the potential of a 14th team trying to fit into a 12 team league, and the championship is such a drop in quality and money that the relegated team just has a somewhat uninteresting season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/08/2019 11:04 by Alphacat.

Bazzo 31 August, 2019 11:43
Two horse race for relegation for me. Us and Wuss, and they have done much better at surviving over the past few seasons

x_ile 31 August, 2019 11:48
Seems to me that at this point in the season there are, in fact, 12 teams in the frame for relegation. Some more likely than others. (Sm160)

Florida 31 August, 2019 12:56
Quote:
LI Bohemian
I think it will be a three way fight to avoid relegation from premiership with us, Worce and wasps, obviously if there is relegation.

I see us worcs and barf. Barf have been hovering near the danger zone for large parts of the last few seasons but managed to just keep out of the scrap, with their very young coaching set up I can see them getting dragged in

Exile_Dave 31 August, 2019 16:27
Quote:
Bazzo
Two horse race for relegation for me. Us and Wuss, and they have done much better at surviving over the past few seasons

Maybe Worcester may not be as lucky to survive this time. Their recruitment hasn’t been as good as ours and they have lost a few good players to boot. Fingers crossed I’m right.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

MarkS 02 September, 2019 09:50
Ah London Irish, you gotta love us....
The season hasn't started yet, we have recruited world class players that nobody has seen play yet, we have world class coaches and facilities .....
.... and still we think we will be relegated.

Whatever happened to early or even pre-season optimism

C'mon lets have a happy thread with ridiculously over-optimistic predictions like our footy-friends. Even Rangers fans were confident of stopping the 9-in-a-row before yesterday, and its always going to be Spurs season, Arsenal are eternally optimistic. Living in Swindon, most fans here live in a dream world and of course being an Irishman I'm optimistic now we've beaten the No.1 team in the world.

what we need is optimism, reality will strike soon enough.

My prediction is mid-table with no relegation worries as all for what it is worth.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net