Toulon away trip
RodB 05 September, 2019 17:22
Anyone opting for the "go with the team trip"

Re: Toulon away trip
HMRH 05 September, 2019 20:30
Went with BA via Nice trip

RodB 06 September, 2019 10:03
"With team" option now fully subscribed... still some places on "travel with topsy" apparently..

Lazyboy346 06 September, 2019 11:45
Three of us looking to go for a long weekend. It's looking like it would make sense to fly into Marseilles then stay at the Ibis in Toulon.

Has anyone got any tips from previous trip, especially any knowledge about Marseille-Toulon travel and getting to the stadium? Thanks

Marlovian 06 September, 2019 12:20
Waspie in peace...

Marseille-Toulon is straight forward - bus from airport to station and train to Toulon. Just check on Rome2Rio for timings but I think there are 2 an hour or so. Everything is walkable in Toulon and the stadium is the town centre!

Toulon was far and away my favorite away trip. Plenty of banter in the stadium and I don't think I bought a drink afterwards!

Have fun!!

exile99 06 September, 2019 19:29
BA from Heathrow to Nice.Budget Ibis next to the stadium.
Will probably hire a car from Nice - seems to be easier than the bus + train, and should be a bit more flexible.

Ecksile 06 September, 2019 20:26
Easy Jet LGW to Nice, 2 days car rental from airport £37, Ibis Styles at the stadium

gaggin4aguinness or 2 07 September, 2019 12:05
Quote:
Lazyboy346
Three of us looking to go for a long weekend. It's looking like it would make sense to fly into Marseilles then stay at the Ibis in Toulon.
Has anyone got any tips from previous trip, especially any knowledge about Marseille-Toulon travel and getting to the stadium? Thanks

I don’t know if it was a one off but last time post match the Ibis next to the Stade Mayol was out of bounds if you wanted to get a drink. As we were booked in there we were a bit p****d off but only briefly. It was taken over by RCT for official hospitality purposes but plenty of other choices local to it.

HMRH 08 September, 2019 07:13
Out of interest does anyone have the details of the club trip?

RodB 08 September, 2019 09:32

HMRH 08 September, 2019 12:57
Thanks didn’t see that when I looked - obviously not well enough!!

donaghadee 09 September, 2019 10:18
Just booked Malaga-Marseilles arriving Marseilles 1930hrs 6/12. Staying Ibis Budget Toulon centre. anyone else travelling from Marseilles at around the same time?

Sore Doc 12 September, 2019 14:42
Remembering from last time: EasyJet to Marseilles rental to the Ibis Styles right next to Stade Mayol. It is noteworthy that last time parking at the Ibis was simplicity. We were allocated a space in the underground garage. Did not have to worry about the car thereafter. We did, however take the car to a visit to the city of Marseilles on our spare day. To be recommended.

Nosh couldn’t be simpler just cross the road from the hotel/stadium and you are on the harbour front with loads of cafés and restaurants, including the one where we were entertained to lunch by the local supporters’ group and given “drinking vouchers” redeemable at The Banana Bar, their HQ.

Atmosphere in the ground was incredible throughout.

I just hope that we can return. It will depend on the potential weather conditions. We are a bit older now!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net