Latest news:

Squad to face Munster is up
Discussion started by Florida , 10 September, 2019 10:38
Squad to face Munster is up
Florida 10 September, 2019 10:38
[www.london-irish.com]

Really liking the look of that team, the backs could do some real damage!

Re: Squad to face Munster is up
RodB 10 September, 2019 10:54
Great to see Tom parton available

Jamiepep1 10 September, 2019 11:25
12 academy players/graduates which is really great to see

rugbygibbo 10 September, 2019 11:27
Backs look ok but will be hoping for early exits from the World Cup for Scotland, Samoa Tonga and Australia because we look very light up front.

Paddy Jackson and Stephenson donít travel. I guess the latter is still recovering from injury but Jackson? Anyone at the members day see him limping or whatever? Or just managing a potentially awkward situation ?

RodB 10 September, 2019 11:42
OK when I saw him. I suspect the latter.

Exile_Dave 10 September, 2019 11:43
Quote:
rugbygibbo
Backs look ok but will be hoping for early exits from the World Cup for Scotland, Samoa Tonga and Australia because we look very light up front.
Paddy Jackson and Stephenson donít travel. I guess the latter is still recovering from injury but Jackson? Anyone at the members day see him limping or whatever? Or just managing a potentially awkward situation ?

I was at the members day. Paddy had no injuries other then a scrape on his arm from the 4g pitch that got infected. This could possibly rule him out or could be the upcoming protest.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

exile_pete 10 September, 2019 13:08
Is the 7s tournament this weekend? Perhaps they're saving PJ for that

RodB 10 September, 2019 13:19
It is, but they seem to be mostly going with youngsters
[www.london-irish.com]

HMRH 10 September, 2019 14:16
What upcoming protest? Literally a scheduled protest or justvyoubexpect there to be one?

Smudge21 10 September, 2019 14:51
A few noticeable absentees from the squad...Jackson, Stephenson, Hoskins, DHA, Faingaa, meehan, hopefully just being managed and no injuries about

shimmieandshake 10 September, 2019 15:03
Interesting that Matt Williams is down to play 12 and Curtis Rona as a 13.

And absolutely fantastic Tom Parton is back.

exile_pete 10 September, 2019 16:06
Thanks RodB, hadn't noticed that article.

paulm1953 10 September, 2019 18:49
I hope it wasn't due to the threat of a protest that led to Paddy Jackson's from the squad.

Come on you Irish

Paul

Exile_Dave 11 September, 2019 07:47
Reason for why paddy not selected

[www.rugbypass.com]

Florida 11 September, 2019 08:01
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Reason for why paddy not selected
[www.rugbypass.com]

I think the author is making a bit of an assumption, quite probably a correct assumption and one we've all made.

LI Bohemian 11 September, 2019 08:36
Not being picked for a warm up game I would think is the better choice, for the club and player going forward, Rugbypass like any media outlet, are the seagulls squabbling behind the trawler of the world.

Florida 11 September, 2019 09:25
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Not being picked for a warm up game I would think is the better choice, for the club and player going forward, Rugbypass like any media outlet, are the seagulls squabbling behind the trawler of the world.

Rugbypass really annoy me as they put together decent articles on occasion, but also put out unsubstantiated garbage like the PJ one

RodB 11 September, 2019 09:36
Apropos of nothing... I was a little surprised to see Guinness still on tap in the clubhouse bar at the members day. Other stouts are available.

Exile_Dave 11 September, 2019 12:31
The thing with this situation is that Irish is damned if the do and damned if they donít. There will always be people criticising whatever is decided.

Bazzo 11 September, 2019 13:09
Bit chicken though isn't it? Face it and get it over with, things just drag on otherwise

HMRH 11 September, 2019 14:31
Hold A counter demo over Munster employing proven drug cheats and doing Toner out of a World
cup place

Florida 11 September, 2019 17:40
Quote:
Bazzo
Bit chicken though isn't it? Face it and get it over with, things just drag on otherwise

Not really. Focus on getting some results before bringing avoidable drama to the team. Once you've got some results, once the players have bonded on the pitch, then allow the drama to happen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net