Latest news:

Caimh Off
Discussion started by Foggy-Balla , 18 September, 2019 17:22
Caimh Off
Foggy-Balla 18 September, 2019 17:22
Just seen that Caimh leaving as announcer. Thanks to him for some great laughs over the years, & best of luck for the future.

Just please tell us you’re not off to Bath or Toulon (Sm14)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Re: Caimh Off
LI Bohemian 18 September, 2019 20:10
Gosh that has made my match day experience a little less of a thrill, good luck to him in what ever he does, he has certainly got the talent to entertain.

Clontarf 23 September, 2019 10:16
Good luck Caimh. Sorry to see you go.

M51 23 September, 2019 12:30
The very best of announcers. Love his comedy and love his books. He will be greatly missed. Cmon Irish cross his palm with silver and get him to stay.
M51

Bazzo 23 September, 2019 13:42
Is he leaving because of money?

Have to say that he is part of the experience. He is quick witted for sure. I actually like when he annoys opposition fans....... does them good.

mulledwinemarie 23 September, 2019 14:44
His books are hillarious, I am waiting for one or more to be made into a film.

Good luck

Mwm

MWM

GLORY GLORY LONDON IRISH - and loving it......

well I used to ...............

waltham 25 September, 2019 11:31
I'm pretty sure that he gave up stage-work some time ago and of course her frequently combined his Madstad appearances with shows in the local area - I guess that and the success of his writing has lead to him leaving - Hope there are films and that he continues his successful run...(Sm128)

Brewery Paul 27 September, 2019 10:40
All the best Caimh, thank you for a host of great memories and laughs.

Exile_Dave 28 September, 2019 16:01
Caimh’s replacement today was rubbish. No geeing up of the crowd. Very disappointing.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Foggy-Balla 28 September, 2019 19:06
Quote:
Exile_Dave
Caimh’s replacement today was rubbish. No geeing up of the crowd. Very disappointing.

Give the man a chance. If he’d come in doing a Caimh impression it would have been completely wrong!

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

b.q.f.m 28 September, 2019 19:22
I thought he did a perfectly good job.

Shawshank 28 September, 2019 19:28
Yep, hard gig to follow, the bloke did well.thumbs down

Bazzo 28 September, 2019 21:36
Nah...... nowhere near as good. Not being hard on the bloke, but no passion there.

Paul_D 29 September, 2019 09:35
Bit harsh Dave, let’s give the guy a chance. It was his first ever game as announcer. He’ll need time to settle into roll and develop his own style.
To be honest I’m glad to have a change. Nothing against Caimh who did an excellent job for many years, but I did get rather bored of the constant “let’s get behind the boys, come on you Irish” at every break in play.

b.q.f.m 29 September, 2019 17:48
Quote:
Paul_D
Bit harsh Dave, let’s give the guy a chance. It was his first ever game as announcer. He’ll need time to settle into roll and develop his own style.
To be honest I’m glad to have a change. Nothing against Caimh who did an excellent job for many years, but I did get rather bored of the constant “let’s get behind the boys, come on you Irish” at every break in play.
Totally agree Paul.
Hopefully Joe will come up with some new catchphrases of his own as time goes on.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net