Latest news:

World cup officials
Discussion started by LI Bohemian , 22 September, 2019 10:13
World cup officials
LI Bohemian 22 September, 2019 10:13
Why is JP Doyle in england and Stuart Barns in Japan, the general officiating is pretty poor even by the usual world cup standards in pool matches

Re: World cup officials
LI Bohemian 22 September, 2019 11:12
To elaborate on my feelings about Barnes, not saying that he makes more mistakes than any other official or that Ireland didnít deserve to win by the margin, it's my feeling about his game management as a whole, he seems to give more advantage to a team on top making it a lot tougher if you don't get the bounce early doors or are a slow starter to get back into the game, he tends to also show too much sympathy for the losing at the end of the game when it's all done, I donít like that he seems to have positioned himself as a scrum guru, when he is no better in my opinion than any other official, other than that he's got a very difficult job and I wouldn't/couldn't do it

tatthecraic2 22 September, 2019 13:34
Wayne Barnes?

LI Bohemian 22 September, 2019 17:32
It's the getting up early that's making me cranky, even less of a fan of Stuart Barnes as a pundit

Shawshank 22 September, 2019 20:33
1. Very lax on line out throws.

2. Very lax on taking more than 1 min for goal kicks (the Tonga guy was a joke).

3. Very lax on messing about at scrums and not stopping the clock.

4. Very lax on high hits.

Actually thought Wayne had a good match and the Scots were soooo dire.

cjm. 22 September, 2019 21:38
Quote:
Shawshank
1. Very lax on line out throws.
2. Very lax on taking more than 1 min for goal kicks (the Tonga guy was a joke).

3. Very lax on messing about at scrums and not stopping the clock.

4. Very lax on high hits.

Actually thought Wayne had a good match and the Scots were soooo dire.

Yes we were, it's a good job I am conditioned to expect it. Too many players believing their own hype or just plain not working hard enough.

The Scottish psyche these days is appalling and has spread through the whole country IMV. Lost the toughness and work ethic that used to allow us to punch above our weight. Add a coach who simply wants to entertain first, win second and it's a disaster. I hope either the SRFU beg forgiveness from Vern or are sound out Cockers. The players need a proper coach.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net