Latest news:

Brentford / Lionel Road
Discussion started by AlecW , 27 September, 2019 14:35
Brentford / Lionel Road
AlecW 27 September, 2019 14:35
I passed it while coming back from Heathrow yesterday afternoon. I have to day, it looks fantastic (from the outside at least)...!!!

Re: Brentford / Lionel Road
Shawshank 27 September, 2019 15:06
Alec - to get my bearings, is it before or after the old Lucozade building as you are going into London?

BTW - back in the late 90's the Madstad always looked a bit more impressive whilst it was being built than when it was finally finished - hope that Lionel Road doesn't have the same rather 'warehouse-type' façade to it...?

Exile_Dave 27 September, 2019 15:40
The seats look awful. Multi-coloured. Bit strange since Brentford play in red and obviously us in green.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Shawshank 27 September, 2019 19:21
Dave, I believe this was started at the Gabba cricket ground in Brisbane when it was rebuilt in the early 1990s, and the idea was for the multi coloured seats to create an optical illusion, so that on TV the stadium looks a lot more occupied then it truly is.

We could have done with this at the Madstad,I where the swathe of empty blue seats whenever we are on TV always looks pretty depressing.

Exile_Dave 27 September, 2019 20:12
Thanks Shawshank that sheds some light on the colour scheme and I can see why this was implemented. Thank you.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Foggy-Balla 28 September, 2019 19:03
The multicoloured seats won’t be needed when we sell out every week in Brentford (Sm14)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net