Latest news:

Today's game
Discussion started by Florida , 28 September, 2019 16:14
Today's game
Florida 28 September, 2019 16:14
Looking at Twitter and the Quin's board it seems we've spent the first half pinning Quin's in their own half / 22 but letting ourselves down with poor handling. If we can do the same in the second I'll be pretty pleased.

Re: Today's game
norg2072 28 September, 2019 17:11
We lost but definitely the better side overall.

jimbo800 28 September, 2019 17:51
Quote:
norg2072
We lost but definitely the better side overall.

Iíve read that a lot on this board. We seem to struggle to close out wins.

Shawshank 28 September, 2019 17:56
We had the better forwards, Quins had the better backs.

2 very weak defensive plays out wide allowed their 2 tries.

Referee poor, touch judges as useful as a chocolate teapots.

They were all at least 30m behind Olly when he Ďscoredí his disallowed try. How could they call it a knock-on from so far away?

Not too discouraged but need to work on wide defence.

CharlieG 28 September, 2019 18:32
Quote:
Shawshank
They were all at least 30m behind Olly when he Ďscoredí his disallowed try. How could they call it a knock-on from so far away?

I happened to be sat behind the new 'HIA Medical team' - and they have an Ipad with access to the video. The doctor on the team was kind enough to check it in slow motion, and confirmed that it was a knock-on (and there was no head injury involved (Sm125).

plzd 28 September, 2019 20:06
It is always the official fault never the players timy crowd what a fiasco

Florida 28 September, 2019 20:21
Quote:
plzd

Hey buddy, long time no see. We're not actually using this site anymore, you should join us over on [forum.viewfromthe22.com]

HMRH 28 September, 2019 21:00
Should have won - warm up game so less worried- need to take chances. Decent afternoon I thought all in all

Bazzo 28 September, 2019 21:39
Warm up game? Thought it was a cup game for progression to win a trophy

HMRH 28 September, 2019 22:26
Only care about Prem survival

waltham 28 September, 2019 23:22
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
plzd

Hey buddy, long time no see. We're not actually using this site anymore, you should join us over on [forum.viewfromthe22.com]

Clearly not. Many of us really are surrounding this site. The other one is very bland - hopefully it'll change in time. Having 2 sites is no problem at all, no need to try poaching folks from one to t'other.

Florida 28 September, 2019 23:29
Quote:
Bazzo
Warm up game? Thought it was a cup game for progression to win a trophy

It certainly is a cup competition, its spirit is to develop young players. Given the late start to the season we've decided to use it as a pre-season. We're not developing young players we're getting our non-world cup squad up to scratch.

Personally I think this is the correct decision. We've got a new defense coach and these games will be paying off handsomely. We were leaking tries left right and centre for a fair few games last time we were in the premiership before tightening it up (remember how many we conceded on first phase ball for the first 10 games or so). Getting matches under the belt now will hopefully tighten us up for when the main event kicks off.

I may well be biased as I think this is a. A Mickey mouse competition and b. A missed opportunity for bringing exposure to Championship sides.

Margin_Walker 28 September, 2019 23:32
Far to subtle for some there Florida.

Florida 28 September, 2019 23:42
Quote:
Margin_Walker

Hey MW, been a while since you were seen over here, unlike our Quin troll you've been missed. How's it going? Were you at today's game?

jimbo800 29 September, 2019 00:08
What was the attendance like today?

Florida 29 September, 2019 00:44
Quote:
jimbo800
What was the attendance like today?

Great question! I think I saw somewhere offfical was circa 3k, Quin's message board claiming around 1k

Lazyboy346 29 September, 2019 08:08
Announced as about 3250. Probably nearer 1500 or so.

Decent game we probably should have won. They made three decent attacks and scored due to poor numbering in defence when we were down to 14 (daft yellow to concede).

Should have scored another try when they were on 13 - Cilliers passed with a 3 on 2 rather than take the tackle and set for a pick and go inches from the line - and OHC would then have been focused on getting the try rather than arc towards the posts to make the kick easier which allowed the cover to force the knock on.

We're still second in the pool so could sneak through, but I'd focus on giving game time to lots of players especially academy and new signings/the promoted academy guys. Key thing to sort is defensive alignment and partnerships in key areas, so we can then keep slotting in players back from the world cup, injury, suspensions etc.

Margin_Walker 29 September, 2019 08:25
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
Margin_Walker

Hey MW, been a while since you were seen over here, unlike our Quin troll you've been missed. How's it going? Were you at today's game?

All good thanks, have been over at the other place. May head back if the traffic doesn't pick up.

Wasn't at the game and rarely go to home games these days. Tend to just get to the northern away games, but Brentford will be a little easier next year.

Shame about the result yesterday, sounds like we left a few points out there.

waltham 29 September, 2019 09:41
I pretty much agree with Shawshank's summary but woul add that Quins line speed was usually better than ours ...and their kicker missed three attempts to our single miss...Funnily enough at 18:18 I was thinking that a draw would be a pretty fair reflection of the match. We were better 1st half whilst they dominated much of the second.

HMRH 29 September, 2019 09:50
Think thatís about right Waltham - we
Didnít take all our chances and should have but evenly matched in the main.

waltham 29 September, 2019 10:05
Ps: Ben Loader put in a couple if thumping tackles! Impressive!

Marbo 29 September, 2019 10:21
I enjoyed the game. The first half was good,not clinical enough when quins were down to 13 but I'd rather that happen now in the cup than later in the year - the boys will learn. On individual players - Blair was hungry and solid in defence , hepetma Mr reliable as ever one of the best players on the pitch and very impressed with Cooke looked great in the lineout.

My only question mark is over Rona need to see more of him. Thought he went high in tackles and was pushed off a fair bit. Seems to be in super rugby mindset worried about the offload more than stopping the man. Just my perspective and I'm sure he will adjust to prem style soon.

Also the battle in the first half of hassell Collins vs murely was brilliant very gritty in defence of each other and good pace. Look forward to watching those two line up against each other down the years, both will push for England caps in a couple of seasons time.

DaveTVT 29 September, 2019 10:24
Yes it was disappointing to lose but there were plus points. In addition to what's already been said thought Cooke looked very good yesterday, strong in the lineout and busy around the park and, Parton did well under the high ball. Good to see a steady start for PJ. Was hoping for a bit more sparkle from Rona but still plenty of time.....

jimbo800 30 September, 2019 13:06
After watching the highlights, hassell Collins will leaner a hard lesson in looking after the ball when crossing the line. Heíd done the hard work but didnít keep the ball away from the defender

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net