Latest news:

Ireland v Samoa, Saturday - at MadStad????
Discussion started by KinsaleAnnette , 10 October, 2019 08:21
Ireland v Samoa, Saturday - at MadStad????
KinsaleAnnette 10 October, 2019 08:21
On Monday 7 October, I saw a Facebook post, I think from the club, about the Ireland v Samoa game (Saturday 11:45 KO) being shown at Madejski Stadium. In a comment, I asked if that would be in the Princess Suite. I've had no answer to the question and now can't find the post!?!
Can anyone confirm and give more details, please - if it is to be shown, where? Maybe the idea was shelved due to lack of FB "likes".
I'd rather watch with fellow LI fans than with strangers in a Reading pub. Or on catch-up in the evening at home, as I'd generally be travelling from north London to MadStad for our own game at that time. If I must watch in a Reading pub, does anyone know if The Greyfriar or The Gatewat plan to screen the Ireland game? I think the 3Gs no longer shows sport, maybe has no screens.
Cheers.

KinsaleAnnette

Re: Ireland v Samoa, Saturday - at MadStad????
Foggy-Balla 10 October, 2019 11:51
See thread below. Due to be on in Princess Suite before a supporter Q&A.

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Clontarf 10 October, 2019 15:43
Annette

I know without asking that the game will be shown in The Gateway and as Martin the owner is from Innishannon I think you should be entitled to a special welcome.

KinsaleAnnette 12 October, 2019 00:15
Quote:
Foggy-Balla
See thread below. Due to be on in Princess Suite before a supporter Q&A.
Thanks Foggy.

KinsaleAnnette

KinsaleAnnette 12 October, 2019 00:21
Quote:
Clontarf
Annette
I know without asking that the game will be shown in The Gateway and as Martin the owner is from Innishannon I think you should be entitled to a special welcome.

Thanks, Clontarf. Might see you there.

KinsaleAnnette

Lazyboy346 12 October, 2019 13:24
Classic Irish. The showing at the stadium just switched off mid game and it's taken about five people to get it working again; lucky nothing major happened while it was off.

Plus the catering has been poor - 4.50 for some burnt bacon in a mini muffin was extortionate, and its daft having to pay at one bar so you can get drinks from another one because they can't handle money there.

Hoping they'll do better at Brentford.

antoinog 12 October, 2019 15:58
Quote:
Lazyboy346
Classic Irish. The showing at the stadium just switched off mid game and it's taken about five people to get it working again; lucky nothing major happened while it was off.
Plus the catering has been poor - 4.50 for some burnt bacon in a mini muffin was extortionate, and its daft having to pay at one bar so you can get drinks from another one because they can't handle money there.

You must have been in a different part of room? We had about 10 TV screens to watch on uninterrupted

Lazyboy346 13 October, 2019 10:57
Quote:
antoinog
Quote:
Lazyboy346

You must have been in a different part of room? We had about 10 TV screens to watch on uninterrupted

In the Princess Suite. Had a box across the screen for a few minutes saying it would go on standby and nobody seemed to know how to stop it switching off.

Blarney 13 October, 2019 11:02
Although Samoa as a team were poor yesterday - I did enjoy watching TJ smash everything that moved, for his relative size he doesnt half hit hard. Am I right in thinking most individual tackles in the RWC?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net