Latest news:

Well played Irish!
Discussion started by wombles222 , 20 October, 2019 16:02
Well played Irish!
wombles222 20 October, 2019 16:02
From a Waspie well done to your lads, dug deep and deserved the win! Play the rest of the season like that and you will not need to worry about relegation at all, really gutsy display and looked good on attack. See you at the MadStad

Wombles222

Re: Well played Irish!
Alphacat 20 October, 2019 16:05
People said that after we beat Quins at Twickenham last time - I'll believe it when I see it...

Ruckingood 20 October, 2019 16:14
Oh Alpha.. just enjoy the moment.. u will.have plenty to moan about during the season.. smile.. it doesn't hurt.. and Thanks Womble

Alphacat 20 October, 2019 16:18
Oh I am happy! grinning smiley I just want to see results.

Shropshire Hugh 20 October, 2019 16:21
Didn't see that coming!! 1 down, 21 to go!

Living in the Ionian Isles so just lurking when wifi allows!

Blarney 20 October, 2019 16:23
Sitting in the Ricoh car park, trying to escape...

This didnt feel at all like the Quins game of two seasons ago. This was a hard, competitive match that could have gone either way and we won it through skilful attack and gutsy defence.

My breakdown:

Good - nice shape in attack, backs consistently found space. Forward carriers made ground nearly every time. Lineout was solid and kicking from hand was precise. Defence was outstanding, especially for prolonged periods on our own line.

Bad - scrum struggled to start with, Danny was clearly doing something JP didnt like. Goal kicking was patchy - something for Jackson to work on. Worst however was our attacking rucks. The number of times they turned us over, drove us off or won a penalty was ridiculous.

Particularly impressed with Botha, Tuisue and Rona.

Ruckingood 20 October, 2019 16:23
Quote:
Alphacat
Oh I am happy! grinning smiley I just want to see results.
Fair call.. it will happen.. and yes I am an optimist and been crushed many times with LI.. but I dare to dream this year

Shawshank 20 October, 2019 16:25
Fantastic team spirit won that.

Some really epic defence at the end. Meehan was great with his kicking from 9.

JP was a disaster at the breakdown.

AlecW 20 October, 2019 16:30
Blarney - you have. To admit, surely, that Willis was absolutely outstanding - mightíve contributed to the number of turnovers...??!?!?!?!?

Blarney 20 October, 2019 16:34
Willis was indeed a menace. But there were a number of rucks (particularly the one right at the end) where Wasps seemed to pile in right off their feet and somehow get the penalty or turnover.

ExiledChameleon 20 October, 2019 16:36
The good news is that unlike a few seasons ago we seem to actually have the forwards to compete up front.

Back three looked great, Cowan immense, really good try line defence. Willis absolutely killed us, aided by it seemingly being declared an 'anything goes' zone by JPD.

Key is to back it up against Sale next week, another win and this could reshaping up to be a good season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2019 16:37 by ExiledChameleon.

Smudge21 20 October, 2019 16:37
Away wins are absolute gold dust In the prem! Every team is going to be very hard to beat at home this season so this win is huge. Full credit to everyone as they all put their bodies on the line ... roll on next week!

Florida 20 October, 2019 17:41
Far from perfect, but plenty of positives to take away. An absolute cracking result, couldn't be happier.

Toomanychiefs 20 October, 2019 17:57
Chief in peace....

Well played!! Its great to have you back. This league is going to be so competitive this season.!

w4rriorz1980 20 October, 2019 18:28
Well played from Warriors!

The table looks lop sided what with Warriors,Briz & Oirish @ the top!

3 perennial strugglers starting well albeit our opponents have been weakened especially Bath's v Bristol.

But we can only play what's in front of us!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Jamo 20 October, 2019 19:23
I was at the game today and that was one hell of a gutsy display. Not perfect of course but, boy, the lads played their hearts out. Brilliant.

The Sligo Rover 20 October, 2019 19:38
I am delighted with that result today, well done. But one swallow does not make a Summer!!!!!!!!!!

Alphacat 20 October, 2019 21:40
My new, now more optimistic predictions for pre-christmas:

Win vs Sale (H) albeit a tight game.
Loss vs Saracens (A) but I can see us picking up a BP here whilst Sarries are depleted, would love to win of course.
Win vs Leicester (H) If they remain as weak as they seem to be right now.
Loss vs Bristol (A) Bristol look strong at home.
Win vs Bath (H)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2019 21:40 by Alphacat.

John H 20 October, 2019 23:51
I was disappointed that there seemed to be a lack of much LI support there today or did it just looked that way because of the large stadium.

Alphacat 20 October, 2019 23:54
I could certainly hear the support on the Bt Sport stream.

millhillexile 21 October, 2019 08:37
This was the type of game we would have lost last time round. Yes the boys were hanging on at the end but the spirit was there to see. Back it up with a win v Sale and there will be a whole new complexion to the season. Very optimistic but cautious as all L Irish fans have to be.

LI Bohemian 21 October, 2019 09:22
When we won at the LDH last time around, it was deemed as a home win, to a quins side who were in a state of disarray, but the quins home record (apart from when we subsequent beat them) was the thing that kept them afloat, so next week is the time to see if we can kick on from this week's victory. It would be a massive turning point and a big pressure relief. It would also slightly change the mind set of some officials, making it easier to give us the tight calls.

old hillbilly 21 October, 2019 10:46
To add to your optimism, just think of who is still to join up with the squad. I know Wasps were missing Launchbury but canít think of anyone else?

Smudge21 21 October, 2019 10:49
Quote:
old hillbilly
To add to your optimism, just think of who is still to join up with the squad. I know Wasps were missing Launchbury but canít think of anyone else?

Think wasps were missing minozzi as well due to world cup. But I would say that our squad was significantly more depleted than theirs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net