Latest news:

England
Discussion started by LI Bohemian , 26 October, 2019 10:06
England
LI Bohemian 26 October, 2019 10:06
I have officially forgiven England for their 2015 efforts

Re: England
Florida 26 October, 2019 11:12
I'm not sure I'll ever forgive them for that, but this goes some way to making amends

LI Bohemian 26 October, 2019 11:54
Sometimes, Florida it's almost cathartic to let it go, it has taken me this long but it's worth it.

Florida 26 October, 2019 14:18
Quote:
LI Bohemian
Sometimes, Florida it's almost cathartic to let it go, it has taken me this long but it's worth it.

I was there LiBo, I was there! For both the Aus and Wales games, it still feels like yesterday

Foggy-Balla 26 October, 2019 14:48
I hear NZ are calling for a Peopleís Semi Final...

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

bigbitty 26 October, 2019 18:06
Her indoors and I have been chortling at the comments on newspaper articles about England's excellent win (and I'm Irish btw, and she is English). It has been all "yer well, we was superb but Owens was NZ 16th player" etc, etc.

For Jaysus sake, cannot the England fans stop being sore winners? You won handsomely, even if two tries were rightly ( but pedantically) called off. You won, get over it!

waltham 26 October, 2019 18:46
Stunning!

Florida 26 October, 2019 18:54
Quote:
bigbitty
Her indoors and I have been chortling at the comments on newspaper articles about England's excellent win (and I'm Irish btw, and she is English). It has been all "yer well, we was superb but Owens was NZ 16th player" etc, etc.
For Jaysus sake, cannot the England fans stop being sore winners? You won handsomely, even if two tries were rightly ( but pedantically) called off. You won, get over it!

Really? Can you share some links I'd love to see.

bigbitty 26 October, 2019 19:01
Hi Florida. Look on the Daily Mail ( not my paper of choice, but to achieve balance (Sm110)

Exiled Falcon 29 October, 2019 20:08
Quote:
bigbitty

Wow, what a post! Personally Iíve seen nothing but praise for a great England performance with nothing but praise for the magnanimous way the Kiwis acted post match with particularly positive comments aimed at Hansen and Reid.

bigbitty 30 October, 2019 07:30
Well, this is what we were reading at the time (and please note that I described England's win as "excellent", so was in no way critical of the team - quite the opposite as it was a great match).

Later on that day my wife had logged on to the Daily Mail comments, fully expecting to read postings from jubilant England supporters rightly crowing from the rooftops. This was not the case, and they seemed to be more interested in perceived bias from Nigel Owens and the TMO. This really perplexed me, but perhaps there had been some alcohol imbibed between match and posting (not by us I hasten to add - I long ago learned that one shouldn't post when p****d).

But yes, I totally agree that the vast majority of comment from both sides has been very positive, and the posts I am commenting on were not typical - just really annoying. Why try to diminish your own team's achievement?

HeavyCream 30 October, 2019 08:15
Quote:
bigbitty
Well, this is what we were reading at the time (and please note that I described England's win as "excellent", so was in no way critical of the team - quite the opposite as it was a great match).
Later on that day my wife had logged on to the Daily Mail comments, fully expecting to read postings from jubilant England supporters rightly crowing from the rooftops. This was not the case, and they seemed to be more interested in perceived bias from Nigel Owens and the TMO. This really perplexed me, but perhaps there had been some alcohol imbibed between match and posting (not by us I hasten to add - I long ago learned that one shouldn't post when p****d).

But yes, I totally agree that the vast majority of comment from both sides has been very positive, and the posts I am commenting on were not typical - just really annoying. Why try to diminish your own team's achievement?

To be fair I think would have to agree with the complaints to some extent. There was an usually high level of scrutiny from both parties On Englandís behalf and seriously incorrect calls made on top of that. I donít think it diminishes the achievement at all. The fact that we smashed them in spite of that enhances peopleís opinions of our performance.

LI Bohemian 30 October, 2019 09:47
I would like to know why England have had the same two TMOs right through the finals? They are always SH TMOs as was the TMO the last time England played SA in a final not that that it should make a difference but I do remember Skeen telling sir that a blatant forward pass in the Australia QF was okay and being over ruled, the second try in the NZ game was incorrectly ruled a forward pass but the ball never left the grasp of one of the players. There must be more than two TMOs capable of looking at a screen, it just seems wrong

SimonG19 30 October, 2019 14:13
Quote:
bigbitty

Why on earth would anyone log on to the Daily Mail comments?

SixNineOne 30 October, 2019 18:06
I was dismayed to hear that Ben Skeen is the TMO for the final. He seems to be both pedantic and, as often as not, incorrect in his recommendations. As far as I recall heís never made a decision in favour of England...

Foggy-Balla 30 October, 2019 20:16
Quote:
SimonG19
Why on earth would anyone log on to the Daily Mail comments?

Itís a bit like picking a scab. Plus one can post something like illegal immigrants are the natural predators of Labour supporters and imagine their heads exploding.

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net