Latest news:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Saracens fined £5.36 million & docked 35 points...!
SimonG19 19 November, 2019 20:58
Quote:
Ecksile
Well I'm getting further confused now. In this extract it says
"the Club was found to have exceeded the ceiling for payments to senior players in each of the three seasons"

Surely that does refer to the salary cap?

But in Nigel Wray's statement here it again clearly states

Is the Club now in compliance with the salary cap? Yes. Under PRL regulations we are in compliance.

But am I missing the point here? What has changed other than Elliot Daly now joining to further boost costs?

I think your mistake is in believing anything Nigel Wray says. If nothing else this whole saga has shown him to be a habitual liar.

As well as a serial cheat obviously.

orsoncart 19 November, 2019 21:18
I think he must have the same PR adviser as Prince Andrew.

Oh, wait a minute.....................

The Sligo Rover 19 November, 2019 23:59
I hope they have to pay the fine from within this seasons salary cap, that would rugger them up.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net