Latest news:

Toulon away WhatsApp
Discussion started by donaghadee , 23 November, 2019 10:21
Toulon away WhatsApp
donaghadee 23 November, 2019 10:21
Due to expected travel difficulties in France at the time of the Toulon away trip I have set up a WhatsApp group for participants "LI Toulon 2019" . If you want added please pm me with name and mobile phone no. Thanks Billy

Re: Toulon away WhatsApp
Gazzle 23 November, 2019 10:29
What are the expected travel difficulties? Have made own arrangements not through club.

HMRH 23 November, 2019 10:41
Les gillets jaunes? I imagine?

Lazyboy346 23 November, 2019 10:48
French rail strike from Thursday 5 to Sunday 8 December inclusive.

Eurostar has provisionally cancelled our out trip on the Thursday and can't confirm yet if they will be running on the Sunday to get us home. Our plans are completely messed up as we don't know if we can travel either way now, and alternatives are stupidly expensive or impossibly timed.

Also anyone using Gatwick should be aware of the South West strike throughout December.

HMRH 23 November, 2019 11:08
Airport ground crew also possibly joining the action. Seems as though 5/12 is the target day and SNCF app or website will update about 48 hours in advance which doesnít really help With forward planning

Foggy-Balla 23 November, 2019 13:44
This fixture is doomed. Doooomed, I tell ye (Sm14)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

donaghadee 23 November, 2019 14:03
As stated we may not know issues until 48 hrs in advance. I arrive in Marseilles at 1930hrs. If no trains are running I would have to hope buses are. Then the next and last bus is at 2235hrs arriving in Toulon at 2335hrs so I may have to be content to eat and drink in Marseilles for the evening at the best. I would hope that others arriving earlier can keep us up to date with the situation.

HMRH 23 November, 2019 14:14
Thereís a private Italian train that runs even if French are striking so Iím researching that - we arrive Friday night to Nice - Iíll share anything I find

Foggy-Balla 23 November, 2019 17:08
I blame the LISC Committee...

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net