Latest news:

Bad refereeing or just my lack of knowledge?
Discussion started by strontium190 , 14 December, 2019 17:38
Bad refereeing or just my lack of knowledge?
strontium190 14 December, 2019 17:38
After watching todays match my first instinct was that this was a totally poor performance by the ref, who seemed to have very little idea of what was really going on.

Thing is I know that after 17 years of following Irish I still struggle with keeping up with the rules, and I also know that reffing a matching from up high in Row "S" is completely different to being on the ground and trying to watch everything at once.

Was I right in my first assessment as a lot of other people seemed pretty annoyed?

Re: Bad refereeing or just my lack of knowledge?
cjm. 14 December, 2019 17:46
Some odd decisions but I thought our discipline was very poor too. Bit of a mess all in all.

LI Bohemian 14 December, 2019 18:08
Toulon had some good advantage given to them, as in the off side line from rucks in the first half, for a minute I thought we were playing against the chief's

Shawshank 14 December, 2019 18:27
Ref simply lost the plot in the first half.

Was basically just reffing us, and let Toulon get away with murder at rucks.

Also offside from box kicks all afternoon but nary penalised once.

But our discipline at the breakdown was poor, and considering Toulon were generally making little headway, this over exuberance at ruck time cost us 12 pts and effectively the game.

Foggy-Balla 14 December, 2019 19:10
French opposition? Italian officials? Probably revenge for Brexit (Sm14)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

fatlad76 14 December, 2019 20:03
Scrummy picks up the ball from the ruck and passes. Ref blows for not rolling away! What is that about?
We decided he only gave penalties in one half of the field. Our half in the first half and theirs in the second.

That dictated the whole outcome

Finno 14 December, 2019 21:18
I thought he had a poor game, and listening on the ref radio, only made it worse when you knew what the pens were for

Also, Toulon must have had about seven captains on the pitch, because he let everyone have a moan at him.

tonyh50 15 December, 2019 09:26
A very poor performance by the Romanian ref, watching I thought a number of his decisions were questionable and although we need to stop giving away silly penalties to count of 10 -2 against us was not a true reflection of the game (even The TRP seem to agree) but he ignored at least two Toulon blatant high tackles.
But it was a good performance from our lads the forwards were immense to out scrum a truly massive Toulon pack several times was great to see, also some inventive and cohesive back play was lovely to see. Canít wait to see the lads turn it on against Bath on the 22nd - looking forward to a great Christmas with us high in the table.
A nice change from a few seasons ago where it was Nil points by Christmas

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net